Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: World tour 2013
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 27, 2012 08:49

Saw the PPV. Wasn't exactly overwhelmed by it. It's really the 2007 tour, five years later. By now it's the nostalgia factor that is the strongest incentive to go and see them. Not their performance.
But the strange thing being an unamenable Stones fan is that you want them to continue at all events anyway.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: December 27, 2012 10:29

Stoneage
Saw the PPV. Wasn't exactly overwhelmed by it. It's really the 2007 tour, five years later. By now it's the nostalgia factor that is the strongest incentive to go and see them. Not their performance.
But the strange thing being an unamenable Stones fan is that you want them to continue at all events anyway.

What did you really expect? It's the same band and this is how the Rolling Stones sound. You can't expect them to sound totally different.

Most of us are, if not overwhelmed, at least impressed. They put on a very, very good show where all of them, I repeat ALL of them, were in good shape. Even better shape that in several years.
That's enough for most of us.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 27, 2012 13:15

Thommie
Stoneage

What did you really expect? It's the same band and this is how the Rolling Stones sound. You can't expect them to sound totally different.

Most of us are, if not overwhelmed, at least impressed. They put on a very, very good show where all of them, I repeat ALL of them, were in good shape. Even better shape that in several years.

Agree 100% Thommie. Stoneage, did you actually attend any shows in 2007 or 2012 ? I was at the London shows and found the PPV disappointing as far as it not really conveying the guitar sound or volume - full on and confident . 2007 and most of ABB tour was, IMO vastly inferior to these anniversary shows . If they can continue at this level next year,I say bring it on.

sc uk

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 27, 2012 15:33

straycatuk
Thommie
Stoneage

Agree 100% Thommie. Stoneage, did you actually attend any shows in 2007 or 2012 ? I was at the London shows and found the PPV disappointing as far as it not really conveying the guitar sound or volume - full on and confident . 2007 and most of ABB tour was, IMO vastly inferior to these anniversary shows . If they can continue at this level next year,I say bring it on.

sc uk
way better than the abb tour.keith and ronnie played so good .mick jaggers voice was crisp and so clear.chuck was not up as much in the mix as on previous tours .

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 27, 2012 15:43

Straytuk: What was an immediate downer for me was the muffled sound in the beginning of the PPV. Hardly audible bass and the guitars in the background. And there is nothing wrong with my equipment. Positive notes were "Wild Horses" and the blues number "I'm going down". Jagger restraining from nasality and Richards' more focused guitar playing were also upsides. Except for the blues number the guestartists didn't add much. And I never was a fan of ten minutes warhorses played exactly the same for the 1000th time...

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 27, 2012 17:53

I have to agree with you about the PPV sound,especially the 1st. couple of numbers. At the shows I saw the guitars where very loud and upfront, unlike ABB which had the usual trick of turning Keith down as soon as he'd played an intro. then mixing him in with the "Vegas" mush.

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home