Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: World tour 2013
Date: December 20, 2012 20:46

Woz
JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
corriecas
wtf did he say...........
please translate

My translation: We will let you know when we are ready to let you know. That will be at the last possible moment.

After you have suffered through months of speculation.

No reason to speculate, it's going to happen. Hence the phone app, the PPV etc. The 50th anniversary was the big publicity blitz. Now they don't have to play in Mid-town Manhattan, drive slowly across the Brooklyn Bridge or insert your favorite pre-tour publicity stunt.

An upcoming world tour could not be more plainly obvious than the growing nose on Pinocchio's face. This is their lives, they are all healthy and playing well. NOT touring is what would be a real shock.

Only a cool cat like Don Was would spill the beans to the fans! Thanks DW!smileys with beer

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 20, 2012 21:02

Hopefully they'll base themselves near some key cities and let the fans come to them. I'd hate to see them burn out or over schedule themselves and lose the great focus and stage control

they have redeveloped.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 20, 2012 21:10

Well, the first concert with the original 5 was Jan 11 (or thereabouts), so maybe an announcement will be coming sooner rather than later, if they want to hit that date.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 20, 2012 21:50

What "first concert" ? Ah ok, the first concert in 1963, ok. Aren't the past that "50 Year and Counting" stuff though?

@24FPS - why do you write that OMS is not Keith's riff? Are you saying that it's Steve Jordan's riff, the man who's never written anything of interest other than with Keith? Actually I'd be curious to know if anyone's ever asked them how they collaborate? It would have to be SJ editing Keith's ideas?

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 22:25

hard to believe that video is about 10 yrs ago

Date: December 21, 2012 02:18

6s7s9s
Well, the first concert with the original 5 was Jan 11 (or thereabouts), so maybe an announcement will be coming sooner rather than later, if they want to hit that date.

January 12, 1963 to be exact. Six years to the day prior to Namath's Miracle Super Bowl III.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:20

Super Bowl 3 had a killer halftime show.

Date: December 21, 2012 02:22

GasLightStreet
Super Bowl 3 had a killer halftime show.

So did Super Bowl 40!

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 21, 2012 03:22

I think the stones will do a full worldtoure in 2013-2014, to much money at stake and they still love to play.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 21, 2012 03:24

All I want for Christmas is the ROLLING STONES!smoking smiley

Date: December 21, 2012 03:31

memphiscats
All I want for Christmas is the ROLLING STONES!smoking smiley

A Rolling Stones album?

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 21, 2012 03:33

Have you seen the HBO documentary on Joe Namath?

Date: December 21, 2012 03:38

Who is he?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 21, 2012 03:41

gotdablouse
What "first concert" ? Ah ok, the first concert in 1963, ok. Aren't the past that "50 Year and Counting" stuff though?

@24FPS - why do you write that OMS is not Keith's riff? Are you saying that it's Steve Jordan's riff, the man who's never written anything of interest other than with Keith? Actually I'd be curious to know if anyone's ever asked them how they collaborate? It would have to be SJ editing Keith's ideas?

Sorry, it's a reflexive dangling participle problem. I meant to say that Keith didn't write the riff to Doom and Gloom.

Date: December 21, 2012 04:13

talkcheap
I think the stones will do a full worldtoure in 2013-2014, to much money at stake and they still love to play.

But nothing on the scale of ABB, right? And few if no stadiums, right?

Date: December 21, 2012 04:21

JumpinJackOLantern
talkcheap

I hope they do it like ABB, and stadiums, bet even smaller venues with 2000-3000 in the audience. They have so large public. Hope tickets prices goes down if they do a big tour.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 21, 2012 04:24

JumpinJackOLantern
talkcheap

If your city has a domed stadium, they will be in it. But with no hockey, lots of open dates in arenas. USA tour only.

Date: December 21, 2012 04:25

Don't you think they come to Europe?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 21, 2012 04:33

I'd pay more to see them in an arena, rather hate a football stadium myself. Yes tickets were in demand but the audience is limited by the economy and age, Stones already know this and will find the best way to sell out each show yet charge the most they can. They put out the maximum effort and employ a ton of people, that's what we Americans call 'trickle down."

Date: December 21, 2012 04:40

DoomandGloom
I'd pay more to see them in an arena, rather hate a football stadium myself. Yes tickets were in demand but the audience is limited by the economy and age, Stones already know this and will find the best way to sell out each show yet charge the most they can. They put out the maximum effort and employ a ton of people, that's what we Americans call 'trickle down."

I hope they do boths arenas and fooball stadiums. When I seen them in stadiums I never had a problem to get near the stage. But I like arenas best. And i believe they could sell out stadiums to. The Stones have never been bigger than now i believe. They are the royalty of rock.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-21 04:51 by talkcheap.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 21, 2012 04:44

Good news if true ... folks who never got the chance will then have it.

Been twice; won't go but that'll leave room for those who want a day of magic!

Date: December 21, 2012 04:59

TheDailyBuzzherd
Good news if true ... folks who never got the chance will then have it.

Been twice; won't go but that'll leave room for those who want a day of magic!

So two times is enough?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-21 05:00 by talkcheap.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 21, 2012 05:06

Geez guys I meant All I want for Christmas is a ROLLING STONES TOUR!!!!!!smoking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 21, 2012 05:06

They should play stadiums so that tickets can be made affordable for younger fans. That's the correct economic decision. HopefuLly, Mick will realize that. They can still use the tongue pit to get the $1000+ from the bankers, but it would be nice to see a B-stage of some kind.

Date: December 21, 2012 05:13

I don't like the tongue for stadiums, its locks folks out, you can't come near the stage. Great to look at, but whorst stage ever for practical reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-21 05:15 by talkcheap.

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: December 21, 2012 05:41

Keith already confirmed coming tour.

Keith already cleared the air on this in a Rolling Stone interview in October:

In October, while discussing the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary dates in London and New York, Keith Richards told Rolling Stone: "My experience with the Rolling Stones is that once the juggernaut starts rolling, it ain't gonna stop. So without sort of saying definitely yes – yeah. We ain't doing all this for four gigs!" [My emphasis added.]

Inside the Rolling Stones' Reunion
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards tell all about the band's 50th-anniversary blowout
October 24, 2012
www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-the-rolling-stones-reunion-20121024

If Coachella slipped out through their new mobile app, the question is, is it first up? Why is anyone doubting the credibility of the slip? It was via their app. [Dainty, et al.] And the bona fides of the other event which was independently verified,...

What other indicators are there pointing to, suggesting, the when/where of beginning of the tour? — not "if."

PeanutGallery

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 21, 2012 10:37

harlem shuffle
Jagger answer was ,they are open for a world tour NeXT year,but the plan,s not ready yet.But everyone in the Group is on.

Thank you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 21, 2012 12:11

talkcheap
I don't like the tongue for stadiums, its locks folks out, you can't come near the stage. Great to look at, but whorst stage ever for practical reasons.

Agree. Also think it's quite dangerous with all the crap that gets thrown on the ramp.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 21, 2012 12:53

24FPS

It took an outside producer, Jimmy Miller, to kick off the golden age. Just like it took Mick Taylor to carry them to new heights musically.

I just do not believe that. Jimmy Miller and Mick Taylor were fortunate to catch Mick and Keith at their peak. Mick Taylor just put something on top, of something already great. Another guitarplayer could have done the same.
If someone carried them to something new it was Ron Wood in the late 70s, early 80s.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 21, 2012 13:12

BowieStone
24FPS

It took an outside producer, Jimmy Miller, to kick off the golden age. Just like it took Mick Taylor to carry them to new heights musically.

I just do not believe that. Jimmy Miller and Mick Taylor were fortunate to catch Mick and Keith at their peak. Mick Taylor just put something on top, of something already great. Another guitarplayer could have done the same.
If someone carried them to something new it was Ron Wood in the late 70s, early 80s.

Interesting viewpoint ;^)

I've sometimes wondered whether Ronnie took them off in a whole more light hearted direction with his character or whether the change in the whole vibe of the band was inevitable. They stopped coming over as kind dangerous somewhere between Exile and IORR I suppose.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home