Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Paul McCartney Tries To Checkmate Rolling Stones With SNL Appearance!
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:47

step away from the pipe, JumpinJackOLantern

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:16

Is SNL broadcast outside the United States? If not, then only 4% of the world's population had access to it. So, I don't think it matters much, although I do think that thinking about the Beatles gives JumpinJackOLantern some serious surges.

Date: December 17, 2012 04:30

swiss
step away from the pipe, JumpinJackOLantern

I don't need to be smoking something to understand how the male species operates. I have been on this planet for 67 years so there isn't much you can tell me about the competitive nature of males.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 04:31 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: December 17, 2012 04:33

drbryant
Is SNL broadcast outside the United States? If not, then only 4% of the world's population had access to it. So, I don't think it matters much, although I do think that thinking about the Beatles gives JumpinJackOLantern some serious surges.

It does get my juices flowing. But no more than Frankenstein vs The Wolf Man.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:15

Stones vs. Beatles again..."what's up with that?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 05:16 by Hairball.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:37

JumpinJackOLantern
I remember when Larry King interviewed Mick Jagger a couple of years ago during the release of Exile. Instead of just focusing on Mick and the Stones he included some clips of an interview he did with Paul, Ringo, Yoko, and George's wife years ago. I thought that was strange that he included a segment on the Beatles in that show. Obviously, he, or someone pulling his strings, made that decision to balance the show out with a segment on the Beatles. I say that to point out that there is real substance (although few would admit to it) to this age old debate.
Hmm could be added to the Homeland thread. Maybe Dear Leader demanded the time.

Date: December 17, 2012 08:28

whitem8
JumpinJackOLantern
I remember when Larry King interviewed Mick Jagger a couple of years ago during the release of Exile. Instead of just focusing on Mick and the Stones he included some clips of an interview he did with Paul, Ringo, Yoko, and George's wife years ago. I thought that was strange that he included a segment on the Beatles in that show. Obviously, he, or someone pulling his strings, made that decision to balance the show out with a segment on the Beatles. I say that to point out that there is real substance (although few would admit to it) to this age old debate.
Hmm could be added to the Homeland thread. Maybe Dear Leader demanded the time.

I think Obama recently said he prefers the Stones over the Beatles?

Date: December 17, 2012 08:33

Hairball
Stones vs. Beatles again..."what's up with that?"

It's really too deep to try and explain. Just choose a side and enjoy. Or choose both. Or choose neither. It's Ohio State vs Michigan. It's Ali vs Frazier. It's Frankenstein vs The Wolf Man. And much more.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:41

JumpinJackOLantern
Hairball

It's really too deep to try and explain. Just choose a side and enjoy. Or choose both. Or choose neither. It's Ohio State vs Michigan. It's Ali vs Frazier. It's Frankenstein vs The Wolf Man. And much more.

Waaay, its the return of TheWatchman , MightyStonesstillrolling50 bla bla. Boring, delussional nonsense, stop comparing the bands.

Next stop - the talk of sons of dead beatles playing with ringo and paul. Better still how about a Hologram of John and George like they did with Tupac earlier this year?! - there you go - go play around with that mad idea

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 12:21

I never knew Paul was involved in chess. But if he does, The Beatles were to play
white.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: December 17, 2012 12:42

If John Lennon were playing, all the squares would be white.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 12:54

Only a bishop can think like that winking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 17, 2012 14:44

terraplane
If John Lennon were playing, all the squares would be white.

If Yoko was with him the squares would be screaming fish.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 17, 2012 16:00

How does Paul McCartney doing SNL mean it's a "checkmate" to the Rolling Stones, who haven't been on the show since 1978? It's McCartney doing what he does. It has zero to do with the Stones.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 17, 2012 18:15

Checkmate the Stones? Everyone knows they are a checkers band. peace

Date: December 17, 2012 20:02

GasLightStreet
How does Paul McCartney doing SNL mean it's a "checkmate" to the Rolling Stones, who haven't been on the show since 1978? It's McCartney doing what he does. It has zero to do with the Stones.

Not according to the author of the Showbiz 411 article.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2012 20:21

JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet

Its not Roger Friedman, is it?

The guy's an utter basket case.

Date: December 17, 2012 20:49

Gazza
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet

Its not Roger Friedman, is it?

The guy's an utter basket case.

For some strange reason I suspect you know the answer to your question. smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2012 20:57

Is he still telling us 'we were right' about 'original members' Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman playing at Brooklyn as well as Newark - or has he carefully removed that prediction from his site just as he did about the dates of the London and Newark shows, which he also gave us an 'exclusive' about and which proved to be wrong as well?

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 17, 2012 22:05

JumpinJackOLantern
Anyone see this article in Showbiz 411 today?

No, I missed it. So, is this over now? I mean "checkmate"? So that's it then? Game over? Stones lose???

Date: December 17, 2012 22:25

SweetThing
JumpinJackOLantern
Anyone see this article in Showbiz 411 today?

No, I missed it. So, is this over now? I mean "checkmate"? So that's it then? Game over? Stones lose???

No! He tried, but failed! It will be "game over" once the Stones produce that one last great album. Right now it's tied and going into overtime.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 17, 2012 22:27

For me, it was game over for the Beatles on July 12 1962 smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:58

Talking of Macca at SNL, has anyone seen the video posted somewhere? Looked on Dime but there is nothing yet.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:22

No haven't found the SNL yet but his McVana/Sound City track was apparently played again. I had thought Paul was dead till i heard that at the Hurricane Sandy concert.
I wish he'd dump his band and get Nirvana in full-time. For 6 mins and 30 secs it was a privilege to be a Paul McCartney fan. Admittedly that's a poor return on 42 years but if the Stones can manage something as good as that on their next lp i'd be extremely surprised and extremely happy.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 18, 2012 02:13

John Lennon would have loved this.

Date: December 18, 2012 02:27

tatters

I think he would've.
Any Nirvana fans here ? I'm interested what they think. If i didn't know what McCartney was capable of (but rarely shows) i'd have been worse than appalled at the idea but i think this Sound City track works well. Grohl is a great drummer - his playing at the hurricane benefit was monstrous. They should do an album together.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 18, 2012 03:14

tatters

Sounds like a late 70s Wings B-side. Cobain must be turning in his urn. Oh, well--let's hope Macca isn't coerced into writing Courtney Love's next album. Funny to hear Novoselic rocking out since he became a "chair"....

Caption: Once a member of Nirvana's rhythm section in his younger days, in middle age Krist Novoselic has become a chair.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 18, 2012 09:05

MKjan
For me, it was game over for the Beatles on July 12 1962 smoking smiley

That's not fair. The Beatles understood rock and roll in 1962. Six years later, while people were looking for the meaning of life in the incredibly slow moving "Magical Mystery Tour" album, the Stones released "Beggars Banquet". That, without a doubt, was game over.

you say yes, i say no, you say stop, and i say go, go, go . . . oh, no!

well, what can a poor boy do, cept to sing for a rock and roll band

Date: December 18, 2012 11:19

When Beggars was released wasn't the latest beatle album the white album rather than magical mystery tour (which wasn't a uk lp). They're both brilliant for different reasons - the stones find themselves a new sound and the beatles release a sprawling messy compendium of 20th century pop music.
I think the Stones pull ahead in 1969 with the release of Let It Bleed compared to the debut release of Wings (Abbey Road).

Date: December 18, 2012 11:27

ash
When Beggars was released wasn't the latest beatle album the white album rather than magical mystery tour (which wasn't a uk lp). They're both brilliant for different reasons - the stones find themselves a new sound and the beatles release a sprawling messy compendium of 20th century pop music.
I think the Stones pull ahead in 1969 with the release of Let It Bleed compared to the debut release of Wings (Abbey Road).

That's interesting. Explain.

Some of Harrison's and Lennon's best work is in there, imo.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home