Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: PPV broadcast DEC 15 questions & comments
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:55

[b
salar[/b]]
in germany the show will be repeated several times till christmas...
these are the dates so far...watchable in SD and in HD
you can still book it by paying 15,- euro, but you can just watch it you may not record it..i tried and it says that recording it is not possible...maybe some of you know, how to do it anyway

Ladies and Gentlemen,

one of the greatest Stones fans and a great friend of mine is back on board:

SALAR!

I´m peeing my pants while writing this.

Posted by: salar ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:51

TooTough
[b
salar[/b]]
in germany the show will be repeated several times till christmas...
these are the dates so far...watchable in SD and in HD
you can still book it by paying 15,- euro, but you can just watch it you may not record it..i tried and it says that recording it is not possible...maybe some of you know, how to do it anyway

Ladies and Gentlemen,

one of the greatest Stones fans and a great friend of mine is back on board:

SALAR!

I´m peeing my pants while writing this.

Hug You Too Tough,
Oh come on my friend, stop peeing... it doesn`t suit you, but calling me one of the greatest Stones fans is too much of honour, isnt it ?
Anyway, being back on the board feels really good, man...I knew i missed it...
so like the Stones themselfes I also had my time off, somehow.

Anyway, regarding to the topic, I just had some visit from my sister and I am glad she left soon, ( I know I shouldn`t say that, she is lovely actually)
cause just this second I am watching the show again...MY is just on...again with this weird guy, listenable audiowise....and I telly ya boys..this Sky Select HD version is as good as it gets...cristal clear picture quality...the sound almost equal...THIS is how to watch a Stones gig, if not being at the show by yourself...so let me say it was a huge "Trostpflaster" for all those who could not make it live this time, so we also could be part of the celibrity.

But what will be next (year) ?...so many hints of more to come, but we never know, till we know

C u soon
Salar... Who IS fighting in Watford ...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:24

iamthedj
I ordered the show, excited to see what I’ve been missing out on. Reading the rave reviews, the set lists I somehow managed to get over the fact that while I’ll always be a fan The Rolling Stones are no longer a band that someone in my financial situation can afford to see live.

I agree on that: once a fan...

Am I meant to think that being in a Stones audience is for the privileged few?

I enjoy the fan footage but can do without Johnny Depp’s ‘cooler than thou’ nonsense. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Had they not been wearing very cheap looking gorilla masks it may have been exciting.

True: in London I thought the idea was exciting but the cheapy masks are childish.

1.Get Off My CloudAfter a minute however I’m bored. This is not the edgy, attitude filled song I know. This is a slow, boring dirge the band just seem to walking through. Mick’s vocals are great but it’s so slow. Have they heard the record since ’65?

2.The Last TimeWho is choosing the tempos?

Tempos are very important indeed. Can spoil a lot when too slow.

5.Gimme Shelter – Not good indeed.

6.Wild HorsesSounds great. The first hit of the night. Amazed at how good the band look.
Agree!

7.I’m Goin’ DownJohn Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. are the guests. First impression is it sounds better than Jeff Beck’s train wreck appearance in London. Mick sounds good and Keith’s playing seems hot but once again why the guests? Mayer is hardly of the same calibre and seems a complete non-entity.

Don't agree; think it's pretty good!

8.Dead FlowersAnother favourite. Sounds great but found the video footage behind them distracting. Sounds very good. Not all of the videos are good....

9.Who Do You Love?A great choice and a good solid Stones performance but once again why a guest appearance? Agree.

10.Doom and GloomMick sounds great and I’m glad to hear a new song in the set. Not a really bad song and pretty good for a show.

11.One More ShotNot a good song to begin with but Mick trudges through it. However even he can’t polish this turd.
Agree!

12.Miss YouIt’s ‘Miss You’, nothing else to say. 12.13.12 was much better.

13.Honky Tonk WomenMick is entertaining and the band sound good.
Agree.

14.Before They Make Me RunKeith’s inevitable and increasingly embarrassing solo spot. Definitely a beer run. It is better than his 2007 efforts but let’s be honest me beating next doors cat with an iron cable would be an improvement on that. Shaky and predictable to say the least.
A little embarrassing? Yes...

15.HappyThis was tired 30 years ago. I actually changed the channel until it was over. Agree; should be ditched for Coming Down or something else.

16.Midnight RamblerThis is really what I’d been waiting for. Mick is at his best and I was glad to see Taylor up there. Dark and fascinating.
Agree!

17.Start Me UpGood version but once again it’s been done to death and better than this.
Exactly!

18.Tumbling DiceOf all their warhorses this is the only one I never tire of hearing. It just is the essence of the Stones sound. Bruce may be the only guest spot of the night that didn’t have me cringing but once again why bother? He didn’t and couldn’t add anything to the song.
Totally agree.

19.Brown SugarGood version.
Agree.
20.Sympathy For The DevilGood version.
Agree.

21.You Can't Always Get What You WantA highlight of the show. Mick is confident and I actually enjoyed the Choir.
Very good choice to do it with the choirs. Tears in my eyes.

22.Jumping Jack FlashGood version.
Agree. But been done to death.

23.SatisfactionGood version.
Agree. But been done to death.

Had I paid 1000 dollars to see this in person I’d be pissed.
Agree.
The band practiced for seven weeks but seem lost in show business.
Don't agree; they deserve credits for daring to do it like this. The minimalism of the stage, light, the guitar sound back in front, some of the videos, some songs on the setlist, most of the arrangements. All back to basics and less vegas...They are not there yet but I think in general it's a good effort.

And I liked reading you; one of the few who dares to say what he doesn't like next to what he likes. Too many blind and deaf fans here smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 00:27 by Dreamer.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:40

Anybody know the count of PPV subscriptions for the show? Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I didn't find it when I used the iorr search engine.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:43

Add my two DVR's to the total, for what it's worth.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:49

spsimmons
I am still trying to decide if I want to drop the $40 on this PPV concert. It really hurts me to say it, but I think I'm going to have to pass. I just pray it is released on dvd or I can find it for download. I was hoping it'd be closer to $15 or $20.

you won't be disappointed .. its a good one.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:11

I have Time Warner cable and paid $44.95 but saw the saw twice....well, I passed out after 3AM, during the second showing. I thought the Stones were spectacular, showing a more jovial Jagger, more talkative, of course because it was televised, but still nice to see. Loved the Blues number with John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr a lot! It was smokin!! ( I'm Goin Down " should become a regular part of their set!). I even like GaGa. She went a bit over the top but doesn't she always?? I was a bit disappointed that the cable team didn't show the Stones going to their dressing room or limos after the show...like we've seen in other similar broadcasts. I recall seeing Mick and Charlis in fluffy white robes... it just ended abruptly. Other than that I loved it!

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home