Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guests of the Shows
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:06

While on stage in 1966 Bob Dylan confronted a heckler when the show did not conform to the heckler's expectations. Dylan said he did not believe him and called him a liar. That is now an iconic moment in the history of RnR, an art form that challenged many a person's expectations about music and the people making it. The Stones at one time challenged its audience (or at least their parents) in various ways, but that was long ago. I find it ironic that a couple of the band's guests who had the courage to take the stage with a different audience would be harshly criticized when their performance did not meet with the audiences expectations. Besides Taylor's appearance, Jeff Beck's appearance on Going Down is the only truly memorable performance of that show. Everything else was so comfortably familiar. Beck's artistic vision (his guitar playing) hits the audience right in the face. I am not a Beck fan. For me it is a matter of taste. But Beck awful? You got to be kidding me. You don't think he can play straight forward blues and RnR better than anyone else on that stage? But that is not his vision. Good for him. I can say the same thing about Lady Gaga. I find nothing wrong with artists making people feel uncomfortable. This was not her crowd, but she was up there doing it. Good for her. Clapton on the other hand delivered just what you'd expect, nice clean guitar playing. Nothing wrong with that, it's nice. Taylor got mixed reviews. Some liked it. For others the third guitar knocked them off their comfort zone. It probably did some members of the band as well. But when it all said and done Beck's guitar, Gaga and Taylor's runs are what stick in my mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home