Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 36 of 37
Re: I think the Stones did some damage to their reputation tonight
Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:07

71Tele
The Who were great. I loved bringing in Moon on the big screen. The Stones should try this approach using old Wyman and Taylor clips since they treat them like they're dead anyway.

Like, OUCH.

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:08

with sssoul
ssprings
I was more concerned about how people would react to Micks comments about helping them out if it Rained in London.
It sounded like he trivialized the hurricane - comparing it to a rain storm.

I thought he said "if it keeps raining in London". There's been a lot of bad flooding in England this year -
but I wonder if many people in the audience know that. It was still not the most "sensitive" thing to say -
but that's all right. In fact ... :E

I thought his joke was great.I bet the Stones chose 2 songs and didn't want to headline. There is that whole murky side of benefits and EXACTLY where the money goes, despite the published blah blah's. The government and the insurers have a job to do....in this sooo wealthy country the job should get done, and politicians
should lead rather than pimping themselves for points.

Re: Paul McCartney with Nirvana
Date: December 13, 2012 23:15

pinkfloydthebarber
Possibly helps that they didn't attempt an actual Nirvana tune but played something new.

- it was the first new track from Grohl’s upcoming ‘Sound City’ documentary

because it wasn't a Nirvana song I think the whole 'Nirvana reunion' thing was just hype to hook in viewers

It was a Nirvana-tune, only they haven´t released it.

Re: 12/12/12 comments as the show flows
Date: December 13, 2012 23:18

Kirk
superrevvy
DandelionPowderman

DP, other guitarists, I don't want to lend any creedence to the conspiracy
theories I've read on other Stones sites, about the London shows, but why, on my
computer at least, at about the 4:25 mark, the opening of JJF, does Keith's hand
motions seem not to be in sync with the sound?

(Believe it or not, for once I'm actually not being a smartass. I actually want
to learn something.)

Right after the 'London' joke, I think the video/audio output is out of sync. It is clear if you follow the beat and Charlie's hands.

Yeah, it´s only out of sync - don´t worry smiling smiley

Date: December 13, 2012 23:20

rebelrebel
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
if there's a bad record by lou i have to sit through, i just boo it while listening, but lou thinks i'm cheering for him.

Metal Machine Music, anyone?

like i just said - just made it through that the other day. blasted it loudly in the car. i finally understand it. lou's a genius.

I liked Metal Machine Music from the off in the 70s though I was always stoned when I heard it then. Fast forward to 2006 when I bought the CD for old times sake and listened clean and sober and to my amazement I still liked it. There's all sorts of music going on in there. Honestly!

Ha ha, I went to Lou´s Oslo-show, without even knowing about the project/album first. Luckily, I wasn´t sober smileys with beer

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:24

rebelrebel
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
if there's a bad record by lou i have to sit through, i just boo it while listening, but lou thinks i'm cheering for him.

like i just said - just made it through that the other day. blasted it loudly in the car. i finally understand it. lou's a genius.

I liked Metal Machine Music from the off in the 70s though I was always stoned when I heard it then. Fast forward to 2006 when I bought the CD for old times sake and listened clean and sober and to my amazement I still liked it. There's all sorts of music going on in there. Honestly!

i know! seriously. you gotta sorta psyche yourself up for it and make a mental adjustment, but i found it to be very musical...been listening to alot of tudor-period renaissance choral music lately and i swear there's a similar sensation i experience with it. no stoning required, either.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:30

StonesTod
rebelrebel
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod

i know! seriously. you gotta sorta psyche yourself up for it and make a mental adjustment, but i found it to be very musical...been listening to alot of tudor-period renaissance choral music lately and i swear there's a similar sensation i experience with it. no stoning required, either.

He had a contractual obligation towards RCA - a last album to do and why not make lots of noise.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:31

mtaylor
StonesTod
rebelrebel
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod

He had a contractual obligation towards RCA - a last album to do and why not make lots of noise.

what a beautiful noise...with apologies to neil diamond

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:41

My 18 year old son said this to me this morning, "what happens in the future if a world tragedy occurs and a benefit show is needed, who will play?"

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:47

Hello Mr. Jagger, if you are reading this, will you please stop pointing your finger around during every song, after the Twenty Billionth time, it gets really annoying, go back and watch LAGIES & GENTLEMAN and put your hand on your waist..."

Also looks like Mr. Richards has taken to wearing a vest to cover up the gut he has gotten.

Clapton and Townsend stole the show, despite their advancing ages they can still play like they use to....

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 14, 2012 00:02

cn854
My 18 year old son said this to me this morning, "what happens in the future if a world tragedy occurs and a benefit show is needed, who will play?"

Sad to say but a lot of these acts will not be able to perform at any kind of high level ten or so years from now. We are witnessing some of the all time greats at the end of their careers so these types of concerts will not be the same in the future.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 14, 2012 00:12

Max'sKansasCity
ROLLING STONES!
THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM!

Finally someone "speaking out" the inevitable ....
Expect more UFO's soon!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 14, 2012 00:20

cn854
Hello Mr. Jagger, if you are reading this...

Good thing he's not.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 14, 2012 00:21

justamomentita
with sssoul
ssprings
I was more concerned about how people would react to Micks comments about helping them out if it Rained in London.
It sounded like he trivialized the hurricane - comparing it to a rain storm.

I thought he said "if it keeps raining in London". There's been a lot of bad flooding in England this year -
but I wonder if many people in the audience know that. It was still not the most "sensitive" thing to say -
but that's all right. In fact ... :E

I thought his joke was great.I bet the Stones chose 2 songs and didn't want to headline. There is that whole murky side of benefits and EXACTLY where the money goes, despite the published blah blah's. The government and the insurers have a job to do....in this sooo wealthy country the job should get done, and politicians
should lead rather than pimping themselves for points.
It was a pretty funny comment, sometimes a little Brit levity is appropriate... Being from NY I can tell you the devastation is not apparent in NYC proper or anywhere Mick might visit. I was out of town during Sandy and unaffected afterwards, I still am not completely connected with the horror others experienced just ten miles away.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 14, 2012 00:21

StonesTod
mtaylor
StonesTod
rebelrebel
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod

what a beautiful noise...with apologies to neil diamond

You don't need to apologize to Neil Diamond. He still owes us an apology for "Porcupine Pie".

Re: All MSG 12/12/12 show comments here please
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 14, 2012 01:34

jamesfdouglas
I wathed the clips, Y

ou Got Me Rocking -. It's like they slowed down the tempo, but Mick wasn't used to it so sang ahead of the rythm a lot (plus he has his 2005 I Don't Care How Pitchy My Notes Come OUt Or Strange How I Announciate Words thing going on. The shakers were even off. Ah well, can't complain since it was for a benefit; and everyone clamours for a mid-90's Stones tuner, right?

JJF - again, slower than any version I can think of. Mick sings ahead of the band again. Still, it's a newer song that they've only done a few times so I'll let it slide.

I have noticed the same thing, James. How Jagger sings ahead of the rythm as if he doesn't trust the band. I think the overstated body language (pointing and waving) is due to that too.

Date: December 14, 2012 01:46

FrankM
cn854

Sad to say but a lot of these acts will not be able to perform at any kind of high level ten or so years from now. We are witnessing some of the all time greats at the end of their careers so these types of concerts will not be the same in the future.

Exactly. Last night was special. May never see them all together like that again. I thought all acts performed at a high level.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 14, 2012 02:31

JumpinJackOLantern
FrankM
cn854

Exactly. Last night was special. May never see them all together like that again. I thought all acts performed at a high level.

It really was a great show. You are right, when will those English invasion bands ever be together again. This show may truly go down in history.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 14, 2012 04:32

cn854

Justin Bieber, if some creep doesn't get 'im first ...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 14, 2012 04:44

hbwriter
by default- kanye west will steal the show for a lot of people - simply because he's not a pasty white guy

went back and read the posts from last night,all pretty accurate.i was watching it on a 60in screen with surround sound on satellite and it sounded unbelievable.just great all the way through.

hbwriters post did stick out though.[sorry hb i like you but..dude] i dont think i've ever seen a musical act get destroyed on a stage that bad..ever.

kanye is alright but that was just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.did axl rose have a garage sale? i'm sure i saw that leather kilt on him back in the 90s.and a dj means recorded music-o.k. in a club but sharing a stage with legendary players who have made a career out of blowing away audiences.i gotta admit i felt a little sorry for the dude.

Date: December 14, 2012 12:33

cn854
Hello Mr. Jagger, if you are reading this, will you please stop pointing your finger around during every song, after the Twenty Billionth time, it gets really annoying, go back and watch LAGIES & GENTLEMAN and put your hand on your waist..."

Also looks like Mr. Richards has taken to wearing a vest to cover up the gut he has gotten.

Clapton and Townsend stole the show, despite their advancing ages they can still play like they use to....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 14, 2012 21:26

georgie48
Max'sKansasCity
ROLLING STONES!

Expect more UFO's soon!

Yep. By the way who is Paul Mac Cartney. A lot of people are talking about that guy here.He must be a damned genius.

Re: NYC MSG 121212 show reports and comments
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 15, 2012 01:53

best shot of the show

Credit Larry Busacca

HMN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 15, 2012 09:22

UGot2Rollme
good review here. Stones rocked, but Comfortably Numb with Vedder on vox was highlight for me:
[www.nytimes.com];

There were several high points in the evening...I quite liked the Vedder vocal as well.

Date: December 15, 2012 09:24

cn854

I wish some thought would have been given to loan said vest to Roger Daltrey for their set.

Date: December 15, 2012 09:25

phd
georgie48
Max'sKansasCity
ROLLING STONES!

Expect more UFO's soon!

Yep. By the way who is Paul Mac Cartney. A lot of people are talking about that guy here.He must be a damned genius.

you must have some sort of PHD to have figured that out.

Re: NYC MSG 121212 show reports and comments
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 15, 2012 14:57

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: December 15, 2012 16:08

micwer
Watched it on AMC HD, Keith sounded fine and tight.

Keith is actually looking at the frets as he plays the guitar. No more playing to the audience. He was not the best solo artist anyway. He looks as if he wants to do his solo part fast so he can do what he does better than anyone, play rhythm, and he is superb at that.

Re: Paul McCartney with Nirvana
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:45

BAM!!!! McCartney did it AGAIN tonight with the Nirvana boys on SNL...
Paul played slide on that square guitar...AND WOW!!!!! .......WOW!!!!

Grohl on drums is awsome..

I wonder if this could become a thing....a full album?

Re: MSG 12/12/12 comments as the show flows
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:56

Sandy Relief Concert Watched by 19 Million-Plus Americans
[www.hollywoodreporter.com]
More than 19 million Americans watched at least part of the 12-12-12: The Concert for Sandy Relief on Wednesday.

Nielsen said Friday that 19.3 million viewers in the U.S. tuned in to at least a portion of the concert, which aired on 15 channels that are rated by the company. The average audience viewing at any given moment was 5.2 million viewers.

The concert, which aired live from 7:30 p.m. ET until about midnight, also was carried on some smaller channels that are not rated by Nielsen.

Organizers told The New York Times that there were millions of Web streams during the concert, but those were not included in the Nielsen figures.

The concert was "the most widely distributed live musical event in history," according to Nielsen, with nearly 2 billion people around the world able to access it via TV, radio and the Internet.

The event, which was held at New York's Madison Square Garden, featured a slew of A-list performers including Paul McCartney and Nirvana, the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Kanye West and Alicia Keys along with appearances from Kristen Stewart, Billy Crystal, Chris Rock, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon, among other

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 36 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home