Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 37
Re: OT-McCartney/NIrvana
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:16

But are they going to play Nirvana songs? That is the question.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:20

UGot2Rollme
They already have Krist on bass, so is Paul going to play guitar? I assume Grohl will take vocals and drums... Paul on vocals trying to sing Cobain would be painful to watch
How about Paul on drums, Dave on bass and Krist on vocals? That would really mix it up!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:21

I imagine Paul will play piano (Hey Jude, anyone?)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:21

Yeah, musically, this could be great - but Macca belting out Rape Me?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:44

I wonder if McCartney knows Cobain listened obsessively to Norwegian Wood when writing All Apologies.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:22

UGot2Rollme
They already have Krist on bass, so is Paul going to play guitar? I assume Grohl will take vocals and drums... Paul on vocals trying to sing Cobain would be painful to watch

Not really, when you consider that one of Paul's early vocal influences was Little Richard.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:25

Confirmed by rs magazine !

Pieter-Jan Vanstockstraeten/Photonews via Getty Images; Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, Inc
Paul McCartney to Perform With 'Dave Grohl and Friends' at 12-12-12

By Rolling Stone  |  December 12, 12:55 PM ET
Paul McCartney will close out tonight's 12-12-12 Sandy benefit concert by performing with "Dave Grohl and Friends" as well as Diana Krall, according to an official rundown of the show.

Widespread reports suggest that Grohl's "friends" will include Krist Novoselic and former Nirvana touring guitarist Pat Smear, amounting to a reunion of sorts for the band without its late frontman Kurt Cobain. A spokesperson for McCartney would not confirm or deny the rumor, only saying, "Everything will be revealed tonight."

100 Greatest Singers of All Time: Paul McCartney

The news of McCartney and Grohl's collaboration comes after Roger Waters revealed on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon that he'll perform "Comfortably Numb" with Eddie Vedder at the star-packed concert, which will also feature the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, the Who, Billy Joel, Kanye West and more.

12-12-12 will kick off at 7:30 p.m. EST and air on 37 television networks and 27 websites.

ADD TO FAVORITES

Nirvana
Paul McCartney
Dave Grohl
Krist Novoselic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 20:27 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: ripthisjoint908 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:38

Title5Take1
I wonder if McCartney knows Cobain listened obsessively to Norwegian Wood when writing All Apologies.
I wonder if Paul knows Cobain obsessed over the Beatles in general. He used to play "Julia" constantly on piano during the Nevermind sessions.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:43

ripthisjoint908
Title5Take1
I wonder if Paul knows Cobain obsessed over the Beatles in general. He used to play "Julia" constantly on piano during the Nevermind sessions.

Cobain was a Beatles fan, but more of a Lennon fan. In an interview once he said that "Paul McCartney tends to embarrass me."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:51

Roger Waters revealed on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon that he'll perform "Comfortably Numb" with Eddie Vedder

Hearing Eddie Vedder growling over such a great tune will truly suck.

Posted by: ripthisjoint908 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:57

stonesnow
ripthisjoint908
Title5Take1

Cobain was a Beatles fan, but more of a Lennon fan. In an interview once he said that "Paul McCartney tends to embarrass me."
Didn't know about that quote, but yeah I figured he prefered John.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 04:31

ripthisjoint908
stonesnow
ripthisjoint908
Title5Take1

I saw the quote in the 2007 book THE ROLLING STONE INTERVIEWS. More of his comment: COBAIN: “John Lennon was definitely my favorite Beatle, hands down. I don’t know who wrote what parts of what Beatles songs, but Paul McCartney embarrasses me. Lennon was obviously disturbed. [laughs] So I could relate to that."

121212 youtube?
Date: December 13, 2012 02:47

what is the youtube link for the concert at MSG tonight? Thanks!

Re: 121212 youtube?
Date: December 13, 2012 02:48

Dunno, watching on yahoo.com and it's rather good, although a tad choppy.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:51

Date: December 13, 2012 03:02

Ah yes, I was able to bump the stream up to 720p (about 3mbps) and it's rather good.

Date: December 13, 2012 03:03

Thanks Gazza!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:08

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:19

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:20

Why not easily www.121212concert.org? grinning smiley

Re: MSG 12/12/12 comments as the show flows
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 13, 2012 11:27

The Rolling Stones /You Got Me Rocking / Jumping Jack Flash /121212

Re: Great but short
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: December 13, 2012 11:45

HerMajestyBrenda
Only two songs, and one of them had to be the hideous You Got Me Rocking?

It's not a song, it's a snack.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 13, 2012 11:51

Thanks Lien

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 11:59

Rolling Hansie
Thanks Lien

Yeas, thanks Lien!!!
It's nice for an "old" man to wake up in the morning (not having to stay up all night ... still recovering from 25/11/12winking smiley) to see his all time favorite band contribute nicely to an important event like 12/12/12
A good way to start the day !

Re: Great but short
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:02

Greg
HerMajestyBrenda
Only two songs, and one of them had to be the hideous You Got Me Rocking?

It's not a song, it's a snack.

Could have been worse - they could have played Start Me Up or Miss You.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:19

Lien
The Rolling Stones /You Got Me Rocking / Jumping Jack Flash /121212

Imho Rocking is hideous... Too slow and deprived of any energy.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:29

They're hideous Lol, WHAT a stupid comment! These Guys, my/our friends since 1969, are still playing, and why we can't others enjoy the music, if you dont like it, why not?, My elderly advice to you, shut up! If you can't afford it, it's because you aren't earning enough. WE dont care. I'm working my tits off to see a concert next year that's important to me in my life! Your moaning sounds small to me. If you want it here it is, come and get it! You're only ever gonna be what you believe you're gonna be. Right? Don't put your small thinking on us... Ok? Keep it to yourself, be small, don't tell us, we don't care if YOU don't want to go to a show, rather than moan to us about it,how about YOU be better. Learn more Earn more, get on board.... There's plenty $ to go round! If you want to complain, go to the complain thread.... Let the the rest of us enjoy this time, our time , after all, the Rolling Stones won't be here in 10 years, will they?
BV, hey, why not set up a moaners thread so we can be done with this crap! Let's enjoy The Rolling Stones 2012 -> forward

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:32

great JJF ! thank you for the vid

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:36

>Thanks for the video. Can't wait for PPV. Only 2 songs though, people in the audience must have got frustrated!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:37

Title5Take1
ripthisjoint908
stonesnow
ripthisjoint908
Title5Take1

I saw the quote in the 2007 book THE ROLLING STONE INTERVIEWS. More of his comment: COBAIN: “John Lennon was definitely my favorite Beatle, hands down. I don’t know who wrote what parts of what Beatles songs, but Paul McCartney embarrasses me. Lennon was obviously disturbed. [laughs] So I could relate to that."
Johns gone ...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2048
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home