Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Rush, Heart, Donna Summer, Public Enemy among inductees
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 12, 2012 17:05

New Inductees in 2013

Also getting in are Randy Newman, Albert King, Lou Adler,and Quincy Jones.

Some of bands under consideration that did not make it include:

Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Deep Purple, Chic, the Meters and N.W.A

Re: OT - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Rush, Heart, Donna Summer, Public Enemy among inductees
Date: December 12, 2012 17:16

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Re: OT - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Rush, Heart, Donna Summer, Public Enemy among inductees
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 12, 2012 17:23

Amazing how some get in, and equally amazing how some don't.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 12, 2012 17:27

How is Public Enemy and Donna Summer rock and roll? Not a single one of these people should be in the hall of fame. It seems like they are simply running out of legit acts to put in the hall.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 17:39

how come that deep purple are not in the h.o.f. yet?
regarding quincy jones, donna summer etc..... we are scratching the bottom of the pen

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 12, 2012 17:43

James Kirk
How is Public Enemy and Donna Summer rock and roll? Not a single one of these people should be in the hall of fame. It seems like they are simply running out of legit acts to put in the hall.

Ironic part is, Public Enemy is the most rock'n'roll of the whole lot.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 12, 2012 17:51

Yay RUSH.

Good for you boys!
(I know you don't care but good for you and thanks for reading a Stones forum).

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:01

Why no 'Deep Purple'? Jon Lord sadly passed away this year. They, DP are still touring around the world to sold out venues. Just no interest here. Sad and a shame. (The States) UFO played a short tour here this year. Mostly West coast dates. Nazareth stopped touring here years ago yet, they tour Canada ever year. I am mentioning this because some great Rock groups have stopped touring here. I am glad 'Rush' was finally inducted. I mean when you are #3 in albums only behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones...and were is Warren Zevon?
Deep Purple live this month in Hamburg Germany.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:26

deeppurple
Deep Purple live this month in Hamburg Germany.

Two of my favourite DP tunes!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:29

Utterly odd to me that Deep Purple are not in the rock hall, or that they can't seem to get voted in.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:36

DandelionPowderman
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Need I spell it out in pictures:

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 12, 2012 19:03

Once more.

You don't need a certificate if you're a famous Rock N Roll band/star.

WTF are this organisation?

A nice little scam.

Date: April 18, 2013 16:43

RUSH goes in tonight...and play Austin this Tuesday...
I know you don't care RUSH guys, but congratulations...

Blue Ribbons at the ranch tonight!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:04

Amen to what all of you said. The rock hall is irrelevant. Randy Newman? Rocknroll? I feel like this argument comes up every year. They should just rename it to Popular Music Hall of Fame. It would be more fitting and above all, honest.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:07

andrea66
how come that deep purple are not in the h.o.f. yet?
regarding quincy jones, donna summer etc..... we are scratching the bottom of the pen
you should google quincy jones ,in regards to his scratching the BOTTOM

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:12

Munichhilton

Aw Munich...you're playing it closer to the heart.

Date: April 18, 2013 18:15

treaclefingers
Munichhilton

Aw Munich...you're playing it closer to the heart.

Yup.
Good for my guys.
I think its even more cool that they really don't care.
Will Neil even be there?
Ha! Thats rock n roll...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:18

Why are hip hop artists in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Because they influenced rock and roll. Big time. If recognition is the point of this hall of fame then there are many important hip hop acts that deserve to be in the hall of fame, some are already there and others should be there.

Date: April 18, 2013 18:28

The RRHOF should be ashamed of themselves that Warren Zevon hasn't even been NOMINATED...what a crock.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:37

sixessevensandnines
The RRHOF should be ashamed of themselves that Warren Zevon hasn't even been NOMINATED...what a crock.
exactly ,ditto for KISS

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:53

R U S H
smileys with beer
Well deserved. Next year marks 40 years as a band.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:55

Quincy Jones should be allowed in for the following reasons:

1. Genius + Soul = Jazz by Ray Charles

2. Live & The Sands: Frank Sinatra & Count Basie

3. You Don't Own Me: Lesley Gore

4. Ai No Corrida

5. Soul Bossa Nova

6. The Divine Miss D : Dinah Washington

7. Roots OST

8. In The Heat of The Night OST

9. The Pawnbroker OST

10. The Italian Job OST

11. I'll Be Good to You - Ray Charles & Chaka Khan

12. Strawberry Letter 23 - The Brothers Johnson

13. Thriller - Michael Jackson

14. For the love of Ivy - BB King

15. The Secret Garden

16. Hicky Burr with Bill Cosby

17. Cover of The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly with Herbie Hancock

18. The Color Purple OST

19. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Big Maybelle

20. Smackwater Jack album.

Date: April 18, 2013 18:57

custom55
R U S H
smileys with beer
Well deserved. Next year marks 40 years as a band.

Yay RUSH

If Neil shows, play something from Signals

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:57

What about Ten Years After? THey have been eligible for over 20 years. They were all about rock and roll! And, with Alvin Lee passing away last month, one would think that some consideration would be given.

Let's see: "I'm Going Home" by TYA or "Short People" by Randy Newman - which one would you define as rock and roll??

The HOF is an absolute joke.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: April 18, 2013 19:01

Deep Purple is not yet inducted? I thought they would have been among the first bands to get invited.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 18, 2013 19:12

How some of these people can get in before the late great Jim Croce is beyond reason.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: April 18, 2013 19:14

leatherjacket
Deep Purple is not yet inducted? I thought they would have been among the first bands to get invited.

No way...not before Madonna...not on my watch...nope

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: April 18, 2013 21:28

deep purple and the doobies should be in maybe their different lineups are held against them

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 19, 2013 03:13

I nominate Harry Nilsson.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: April 19, 2013 04:03

Call it the "Rock Hall of Fame", they took the roll out of it a long time ago.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home