Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Chicago Transit Authority 1967-Chicago
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 12, 2012 07:59

images of 8 Track tapes.... in a good way.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 08:02

My first rock concert. My parents too me to see them at Pine Knob, Michigan, in 1972. We had third row and it literally and figuratively blew me away! The power with the horns, and the band was just stunning. It hooked me on rock. Terry Kath was also an amazing vocalist as well. Very sad the way he died. Foolish misadventure.

I remember the show was on the the fourth of july and when they did Saturday in the Park, the crowd went ballistic.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:20

Saw them with Terry just prior to his death. I have this lingering memory of two drummers and their kits. I remember watching them playing in unison during "Feelin' Stronger Everyday"

What hit songs did Terry Kath sing lead on?

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:50

runaway
batcave
I have a poster for a show where the Chicago Transit Authority opened for the Velvet Underground at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go. Interesting combination....

Can You scan it and post it?
The Velvet Underground I've seen live

Here it is:

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:53

Thanks for posting and reminding me of this one! I dusted off that ole gem and gave it a spin. Great memories came flooding back from when it was new. There was simply nothing like it back in the day. One of my absolute favorite albums from my youth!

Ross

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:58

The Sicilian
Saw them with Terry just prior to his death. I have this lingering memory of two drummers and their kits. I remember watching them playing in unison during "Feelin' Stronger Everyday"

What hit songs did Terry Kath sing lead on?

Most notably Colour My World and Make Me Smile...also Dialogue (co-lead with Peter Cetera) and Wishing You Were Here (also with Cetera).

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 12, 2012 21:33

Wishing You Were Here I consider to be one of their best songs, most certainly in the top 5.

I never knew the Beach Boys sang the chorus in the song.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 12, 2012 22:08

The Sicilian
Wishing You Were Here I consider to be one of their best songs, most certainly in the top 5.

I never knew the Beach Boys sang the chorus in the song.

Great song for sure. Here's a performance with Carl, Al and Mike from the Beach Boys...Dick Clark's New Year's Eve, 1974 (with Terry on bass!)

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:12

batcave
runaway
batcave
I have a poster for a show where the Chicago Transit Authority opened for the Velvet Underground at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go. Interesting combination....

Can You scan it and post it?
The Velvet Underground I've seen live

Here it is:

Batcave Thank You

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:29

Chicago and the Beach Boys have had a mutual admiration for some 40 years now. They did co-headlining tours when their individual careers were flagging, and it paid off for them. Dennis Wilson for a time was involved with Karen Lamm, Chicago keyboardist Robert Lamm's ex-wife. Both Dennis and Karen now of course are sadly gone.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home