Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How often has Mick and Keith appeared together in public?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 12, 2012 04:06

Just wondering when they both appeared together without anyone else, in a public setting in the last 20 or so years.

Keith skipping out on the Letterman thing had me wondering...

Re: How often has Mick and Keith appeared together in public?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 12, 2012 04:08

They were on Jimmy Fallon together a couple of years ago - although their appearance was pre-recorded...and I suppose it wasnt alone as Charlie appeared at the end of it!

Plus they played together at the Concert for New York in 2001.

Date: December 12, 2012 04:40

So not very much other than that one performance.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 12, 2012 05:53

The Sicilian
Just wondering when they both appeared together without anyone else, in a public setting in the last 20 or so years.

i don't think Keith cares much for Letterman..

Date: December 12, 2012 05:55

duke richardson
The Sicilian

i don't think Keith cares much for Letterman..

I suppose you could say the same about Mick too. He wasn't there for him either.

Date: December 12, 2012 20:26

Is it possible that they both don't really care for each other beyond stage appearances anymore?

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:30

The Sicilian
Is it possible that they both don't really care for each other beyond stage appearances anymore?

Well, at some point in the 80s prior to or during "WWIII" Keith had it written into his touring contract that Mick is to vacate the stage whenever he takes the mic for a lead vocal. Since then, this obviously has not changed. They never appear together to be interviewed, even when they were both present at Somerset House on July 12 for the premiere of the photo exhibit. And when the four of them were being interviewed on the Today show with Matt Lauer, Mick had his chair positioned at a noticeable distance away from Keith.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:38

The Sicilian

Quite

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:40

They detest each other.

It's a minimal work relationship and has been for a long time.

Goes back to Performance I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 20:40 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 12, 2012 21:07

GravityBoy
They detest each other.

It's a minimal work relationship and has been for a long time.

Goes back to Performance I think.

It's just Anita P. had them in her Sway....

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 21:35

Mick and Keith are brothers in every sense. And not everything is nice and pretty between brothers especially over 50 years and with two very different personalities. I think love, hate, jealousy, envy, spite, loyalty, trust, backstabbing, & everything else in between make up the feelings these two men have for each other.

But at the end of the day they seem to always be there for each other and always seem to have a need to connect after being apart for a while. Like any good family! cool smiley

Date: December 12, 2012 23:24

rambler44
Mick and Keith are brothers in every sense. And not everything is nice and pretty between brothers especially over 50 years and with two very different personalities. I think love, hate, jealousy, envy, spite, loyalty, trust, backstabbing, & everything else in between make up the feelings these two men have for each other.

But at the end of the day they seem to always be there for each other and always seem to have a need to connect after being apart for a while. Like any good family!

So they have often said, however actions do speak louder than words.

Date: December 12, 2012 23:26

rambler44
But at the end of the day they seem to always be there for each other and always seem to have a need to connect after being apart for a while. Like any good family! cool smiley

I would say the connection is purely financial.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 12, 2012 23:30

stonesnow
The Sicilian

Well, at some point in the 80s prior to or during "WWIII" Keith had it written into his touring contract that Mick is to vacate the stage whenever he takes the mic for a lead vocal. Since then, this obviously has not changed. They never appear together to be interviewed, even when they were both present at Somerset House on July 12 for the premiere of the photo exhibit. And when the four of them were being interviewed on the Today show with Matt Lauer, Mick had his chair positioned at a noticeable distance away from Keith.

Was it really written into the contract or is it purely speculation...because perhaps Mick legit needs to leave the stage to recharge, hydrate etc. At least pre WW3 it was a way to give keith a bit of spotlight without mick being visible

I don't see them hating each other. Even in Keiths NY library interviews "I have to have Micks back" "He's the best frontman ever" etc.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 12, 2012 23:31

Munichhilton
The Sicilian

Quite

well, i agree with both of them....

Date: December 12, 2012 23:33

chop
Even in Keiths NY library interviews "I have to have Micks back" "He's the best frontman ever" etc.

If I might say so.. that's typical Keith BS.

What does it even mean?

His mouth is brown.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:17

chop
stonesnow
The Sicilian

Was it really written into the contract or is it purely speculation...because perhaps Mick legit needs to leave the stage to recharge, hydrate etc. At least pre WW3 it was a way to give keith a bit of spotlight without mick being visible

I don't see them hating each other. Even in Keiths NY library interviews "I have to have Micks back" "He's the best frontman ever" etc.

I haven't seen the contract, so I don't know, but the condition and the contract are mentioned in the Nick Kent article from Spin magazine 1986 in a recent thread here, so perhaps someone has seen it.

There's no doubt that Mick and Keith have a mutual respect on the professional level, but do they ever socialize apart from work these days? The Stones are no longer a band of brothers, but rather a board of brokers.

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 00:18

GravityBoy
chop
Even in Keiths NY library interviews "I have to have Micks back" "He's the best frontman ever" etc.

What does it even mean?

His mouth is brown.

Are you calling Keith Richards a kiss ass???

Date: December 13, 2012 00:21

rambler44
GravityBoy
chop

What does it even mean?

His mouth is brown.

Are you calling Keith Richards a kiss ass???

No.

Keith talks poo.

The Sicilian
rambler44

But at the end of the day they seem to always be there for each other and always seem to have a need to connect after being apart for a while. Like any good family!

Action, in this case, is that they are playing together. Also, take a look at the picture posted in the Brooklyn show-thread, where they are holding hands smiling smiley

Louder than words indeed thumbs up

"I have to have Mick's back".... what is it? Vietnam?

Date: December 13, 2012 00:25

Brothers in arms...

Date: December 13, 2012 01:53

DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian
rambler44

Action, in this case, is that they are playing together. Also, take a look at the picture posted in the Brooklyn show-thread, where they are holding hands smiling smiley

Louder than words indeed

I see your point.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:04

It's pretty clear to me and has been for a long time that those who say they dislike each other intensely are not far from the truth. The observation that they almost never appear in public together is correct. They never do promo interviews together, they are never together except when necessary. They are consummate pros so they know what to do for the cameras and I'm sure there is some deep down affection -- there must be -- but pretty deep.

Date: December 13, 2012 02:10

Rokyfan
It's pretty clear to me and has been for a long time that those who say they dislike each other intensely are not far from the truth. The observation that they almost never appear in public together is correct. They never do promo interviews together, they are never together except when necessary. They are consummate pros so they know what to do for the cameras and I'm sure there is some deep down affection -- there must be -- but pretty deep.

Nice observation. But would it kill them to be seen once a year in deli or pub having a sandwich or drink.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:22

How about share a mic for a chorus of one song? WHen was the last time that happened? The point you raise in this thread is a good one. It is a little but of a downer, as a long time fan, thinking that they really can't stand being around each other.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home