Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: If MT doesn't show up in Newark: ???
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:52

71Tele
donvis
Rokyfan
donvis
I am so pissed about no Mick Taylor if they tour in 2013 I may not go.

I take it you boycotted the 75 through 07 tours for that reason as well.

No I have seen them 40 sometimes since 1975. As I understand it, these shows were supposed to be a 50th Anniversary celebration. Why should Wyman and Taylor play in London and not the US? What we are getting now I guess is the Vegas Stones with these ridiculous special guests.

This is the crux of the matter. Are the Stones really celebrating 50 years of their legacy, or just using the 50th anniversary for one last big money grab? For God's sake Taylor and Wyman were 40% of the members who made what is arguably their best music (or much of their best music), and instead of Mick Taylor we get Gary Clarke Jr. Of course, I must have missed Lady Ga Ga's well-known contributions to records like Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street. I'll have to check the credits again.

Wyman got a token two songs in London and Taylor one. Then they disappeared completely. They deserve better. So do we.

My point exactly. It was special in London. Now it's just another show.

Date: December 11, 2012 20:55

GumbootCloggeroo
Perhaps it would have been for the better if MT hadn't played with The Stones at all...

He did and now we're in this stupid mess of a situation.

Yeah, really. It's like someone winning the lotto twice then whining that they can't win it a third, fourth, and fifth consecutive time!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:57

donvis
Why should Wyman and Taylor play in London and not the US? What we are getting now I guess is the Vegas Stones with these ridiculous special guests.

Well Taylor and Wyman live in the UK. Probably wasn't that difficult to lure them to do their guest spots.

And by your logic, adding Taylor and Wyman for a few songs automatically does not make the Stones "Vegas"? Weird.

Date: December 11, 2012 20:58

People you shouldn't take it so hard.

A Bigger Bang had very little guests and it was the greatest tour in history...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 11, 2012 21:00

steel driving hammer

"The Greatest Tour In History". Yeah, ok. Whatever you say. Pass the Kool Aid.

Date: December 11, 2012 21:02

steel driving hammer

Makes absolutely no difference to me one way or the other. Three songs out of 23? Big deal!

Date: December 11, 2012 21:03

London: 6 Stones 6 Sidemen =Stones 50th Reunion Show
USA : 4 Stones 6 Sidemen =Vegas Stones

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 11, 2012 21:09

donvis

Whatever you say.

Is this the first time you've seen the current lineup? It strikes me odd that you would be this bothered by the people on stage since they've been doing it this way for more than 20 years. But if you depended on Taylor and Wyman to drop in for 3 songs to justify your $4K...I guess that's your issue.

It's a shame that you're unable to appreciate the other good things going on with these shows. From the looks of the videos online, Keith is playing the most focused and aggressive guitar in a few tours and each member is actually giving whatever's left in the tank to bring new energy to these songs. It's quite a nice thing happening here. Ah well.

Date: December 11, 2012 21:16

donvis
71Tele
donvis
Rokyfan
donvis

No I have seen them 40 sometimes since 1975. As I understand it, these shows were supposed to be a 50th Anniversary celebration. Why should Wyman and Taylor play in London and not the US? What we are getting now I guess is the Vegas Stones with these ridiculous special guests.

This is the crux of the matter. Are the Stones really celebrating 50 years of their legacy, or just using the 50th anniversary for one last big money grab? For God's sake Taylor and Wyman were 40% of the members who made what is arguably their best music (or much of their best music), and instead of Mick Taylor we get Gary Clarke Jr. Of course, I must have missed Lady Ga Ga's well-known contributions to records like Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street. I'll have to check the credits again.

Wyman got a token two songs in London and Taylor one. Then they disappeared completely. They deserve better. So do we.

Special only to us hardcores.

Date: December 11, 2012 21:21

JumpinJackOLantern
steel driving hammer

Makes absolutely no difference to me one way or the other. Three songs out of 23? Big deal!

In other words: Who cares if there are any guests or not. The Stones will do roughly twenty songs on their own.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 11, 2012 21:22

donvis
71Tele
donvis
Rokyfan
donvis

This might be the last time you ever see them in concert. That's not "just another show". Appreciate what you have not what you don't have.

Date: December 11, 2012 21:33

GumbootCloggeroo
donvis
71Tele
donvis
Rokyfan
donvis

This might be the last time you ever see them in concert. That's not "just another show". Appreciate what you have not what you don't have.

Yes, absolutely. Be satisfied with having won the lottery twice. Once would have been enough for me. Anything beyond should be considered a bonus.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 11, 2012 21:47

Justin
donvis

Whatever you say.

Is this the first time you've seen the current lineup? It strikes me odd that you would be this bothered by the people on stage since they've been doing it this way for more than 20 years. But if you depended on Taylor and Wyman to drop in for 3 songs to justify your $4K...I guess that's your issue.

It's a shame that you're unable to appreciate the other good things going on with these shows. From the looks of the videos online, Keith is playing the most focused and aggressive guitar in a few tours and each member is actually giving whatever's left in the tank to bring new energy to these songs. It's quite a nice thing happening here. Ah well.

The rest, guest appearances, etc. , is all BS. you said all that needs to be said, whining about who is not showing up for a song notwithstanding.

Date: December 11, 2012 21:55

Rokyfan
Justin
donvis

Whatever you say.

The rest, guest appearances, etc. , is all BS. you said all that needs to be said, whining about who is not showing up for a song notwithstanding.

Exactly. Wyman and Taylor had their moment in the sun in London. Anymore appearances should be considered a bonus.

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 12, 2012 00:42

Lets face it. The albums from 1968-1974 was Stones at its best. And to a very large part we have thank Mick Taylor for the "dark bluesy sound" he contributed with from 1969-74. Not so much the songwirting i guess. Keith and Jagger wrote the songs for a large part.
But I think the Stones would have stopped touring a long time ago if it wasn't for Ronnie Wood. He is a great person that made it fun again.

Date: December 12, 2012 16:17

Taylor confirmed!!! Hahaha!!!!!!

Posted by: TheMeaning ()
Date: December 12, 2012 16:22

IT'S OFFICIAL! MICK TAYLOR IS IN!!
'MIDNIGHT RAMBLER' LIVE IN NJ!!! LET'S PARTY!!!!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 12, 2012 16:26

JumpinJackOLantern
donvis
71Tele
donvis
Rokyfan
donvis

Special only to us hardcores.

Special to the fanatics...

Date: December 12, 2012 16:33

Yes I am a fanatic when it comes to the Stones.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 12, 2012 17:56

And this should settle the conspiracy theory that the Stones felt threatened by the way he was playing:

“Guitarist Mick Taylor was greeted like a returning god…Taylor can still play like a silver streak and the time-shifting blues jam of Midnight Rambler was incredible to behold.” Neil McCormick, Daily Telegraph (quoted on rs.com)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home