Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT...London advice please..
Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: December 5, 2012 01:25

Hi all, travelling to London , then on to Edinburgh, I believe it is Kings Cross station that you embark to go up to Scotland,
we need to overnight in London as coming up from Eastbourne, is the Kings Cross area ok to stay in ? , or can anyone recomend a hotel/area close to the station that is nice . I realise it is a bit vague, but have heard not so great things about the Kings Cross area.
any suggestions much appriciated, ta

Re: OT...London advice please..
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: December 5, 2012 05:50

Hi Wild, sorry that I can't help you with any info since I'm in the U.S. but wanted to bump this to the top as I'm surprised no one has commented yet. Have a great time on your trip.

Date: December 5, 2012 08:27

aww, thanks RS....
and will do.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 5, 2012 11:15

RSbestbandever

Hi Wild, sorry that I can't help you with any info since I'm in the U.S.

Me too: I can't help you directly since I'm not from London, but I understand your problem.

What I would do if I were in this situation: using a Hotel Reservation Service and set the appropriate filter, especially for the distance to the Kings Cross Station.

I don't know how much time you have between the arrival and departure. Depending you can go by e. g. the Tube to another area if you don't want to stay at Kings Cross.

And finally: with the Bird View in Bing Maps as well as Google Street View you can make your own impression of the environment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 11:35 by Irix.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: December 5, 2012 11:16

Yeah the King Cross area is ok to stay in a hotel. If you cross Euston Road, in the rather quiet Belgrove and Argyle streets just in front of Kings Cross there are "cheap" hotels (for London): Alhambra or Crestfield Hotel for example. A little more expensive: Megaro hotel.

I recommend: walk 10 minutes to the lovely "Cartwright Gardens", there is the good Euro Hotel:
[www.eurohotel.co.uk]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 5, 2012 11:28

Hi Wild. I got an Edinburgh train from Kings Cross after last weeks shows . You need to be on East Coast Trains. I'm not sure on journey times as I get off in northern England .I've never stayed in Kings Cross,but there is a Travelodge at Euston station which is less than 10 mins walk from Kings Cross. Hope this Helps.

sc uk

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 11:35

Kings Cross to Edinburgh is the correct train station.

Kings Cross has been undergoing a lot of redevelopment in recent years, and parts are quite fashionable. Still a long way to go but not nearly as bad as 10 years ago.

You can't get much grander than the St Pancras grand hotel, recently opened. This is a top top hotel, but won't be cheap. Otherwise some of the budget hotels have moved in to the area (Premier Inn or Travel lodge).

Don't be afraid of Kings Cross!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 5, 2012 13:08

Plenty of hookers around Argyle Street, at least there used to be when I went to college round there.

Date: December 5, 2012 20:43

Thanks to everyone,
terrific info and suggestions.
so glad I`m a Stones fan !!
lotsa love you guys

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home