Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Mathijs, what did you think of the gig?
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 7, 2012 00:47

StonesTod
NICOS
Why would it be interesting what Mathijs has got to say? most of the time he's negative...are you hoping he is positive this time?

that's right...and why hasn't anyone asked ME about the gig? hmmm?

There, see what this thread has started? Pretty soon everyone will want to chime in with their thoughts on the gig. Pretty soon if this keeps up, it'll be like a fan forum in here.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 7, 2012 00:50

stonesnow
StonesTod
NICOS
Why would it be interesting what Mathijs has got to say? most of the time he's negative...are you hoping he is positive this time?

that's right...and why hasn't anyone asked ME about the gig? hmmm?

There, see what this thread has started? Pretty soon everyone will want to chime in with their thoughts on the gig. Pretty soon if this keeps up, it'll be like a fan forum in here.

i'll do my part to ensure that never happens. i've made a solemn promise to bv to that effect.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: December 7, 2012 01:32

Geeze the whole thread is started is started for Mathjis opinion which was 'his.' Talk about damned if you do damned if you don't. I am glad no one asked me yet for my opinions on the gig, I would get roasted
.hot smiley

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 7, 2012 01:42

nankerphlege
I am glad no one asked me yet for my opinions on the gig

So, what's your opinion on the gig ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 7, 2012 01:43

stonesnow
Pretty soon everyone will want to chime in with their thoughts on the gig.

I would love to. Unfortunately I wasn't there

-------------------

Date: December 7, 2012 01:48

Rolling Hansie
stonesnow
Pretty soon everyone will want to chime in with their thoughts on the gig.

I would love to. Unfortunately I wasn't there

Nor was I. However, I do still nonetheless have an opinion--but it's only available to the highest bidder.

Date: December 7, 2012 01:51

stonesnow
the highest bidder.

How about smileys with beer ?

-------------------

Date: December 7, 2012 02:59

Rolling Hansie
stonesnow
the highest bidder.

How about smileys with beer ?

Sold! To the man whose country has among the highest alcohol content in their bitter!

It is the Netherlands you are from, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-07 05:44 by stonesnow.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 7, 2012 03:12

Lorenz
I only read the few lines you wrote about Lady Jane, what did you think about the rest of the gig? Would be interested in hearing what you have to say. Would've emailed you, but your email is hidden.

Who cares what he has to say. Geez

Date: December 7, 2012 05:28

@#$%& Mathijs.....see for your selves it's on YouTube!!! They were Rock Stars, grateful, graceful and humble rolled into one! It's a Celebration by 4 guys who love what they do....make people happy!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 7, 2012 11:47

VT22
Thanks for the review, although I expected most of the things you described before the shows already ( Jagger and Richards). You could have left out the things about Taylor's looks, etc, not very polite. I expected a bit more of Taylor's playing though, let's hope he plays a few more songs in NY, and better, cause he's the only guitarist who made their shows a bit more unpredictable and spicy. At least in my opinion he's the only Stones guitarist who can still do that, potentially.

I know it s not very polite, but it was what many people noticed. It just looked awkward to see Taylor, who never moved a bit on stage, and who has grown considereably in size, acting like some sort of guitar god, and moving together with Jagger like Christina Aguilera. It was confusing, and a bit emberrassing really.

Mathijs

Date: December 7, 2012 11:52

stonesnow
It is the Netherlands you are from, right?

Yes

-------------------

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 7, 2012 12:15

Mathijs
and moving together with Jagger like Christina Aguilera. It was confusing, and a bit emberrassing really.

Mathijs

The first night you felt and saw that Mick (Jagger) was very uncomfortable with Taylor following him constantly.
He must have told Taylor not to do that anymore on the second night...which he didn't.
And he played a lot better (I really enjoyed Taylors playing the second night) because of it. Mick Taylor hasn't got the talent to play guitar and play with the crowd/frontman.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 7, 2012 14:14

Mathijs
VT22
Thanks for the review, although I expected most of the things you described before the shows already ( Jagger and Richards). You could have left out the things about Taylor's looks, etc, not very polite. I expected a bit more of Taylor's playing though, let's hope he plays a few more songs in NY, and better, cause he's the only guitarist who made their shows a bit more unpredictable and spicy. At least in my opinion he's the only Stones guitarist who can still do that, potentially.

I know it s not very polite, but it was what many people noticed. It just looked awkward to see Taylor, who never moved a bit on stage, and who has grown considereably in size, acting like some sort of guitar god, and moving together with Jagger like Christina Aguilera. It was confusing, and a bit emberrassing really.

Mathijs

It was fun for to me to see it, but I do think it's better for Taylor not to move too much, cause it makes him a better player/ it looks more natural in his case. But maybe he was just a bit too enthusiastic for imaginable reasons.. I have heard and seen more embarrassing scenes in Stones history during Taylor's absence, although 80% of the audience didn't even notice it.

Date: December 7, 2012 14:19

He went from pubs to the O2 Arena, and probably felt that he needed to add something extra to his performance.

I wasn't at the second show, but seemingly he did less posing and more focused playing on that gig, judging from the YT-clips.

Give a few more gigs, and he'll be fine, imo.

Date: December 7, 2012 14:22

DandelionPowderman
He went from pubs to the O2 Arena, and probably felt that he needed to add something extra to his performance.

I wasn't at the second show, but seemingly he did less posing and more focused playing on that gig, judging from the YT-clips.

Ah, posing and a little extra, another phenomena in Stones history. Nice you mentioned it thumbs up

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: December 7, 2012 14:58

Rolling Hansie- my opinion? I wasn't at the gig.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ha! I do hope to get the chance to see them though! I am excited about the good reviews and appreciate true honest opinions even if negative.

I will say though there guitar tone over the past several years up until the present(licks abb). Has become a little bland. They really need to invest some time in the tone. The tone that I heard directly from Keith's amp On abb Is not what is being recorded now. The dirt and Low end appears to be missing. Ronnie as well. My suggestion would be to bring back vintage ampegs even if not SVT. Maybe new mics are needed? Ya Ya's and stay with me had some of the best guitar tone ever recorded. Even if they don't go back to 1972 I think some warp could be added.

To keep in spirit of this thread mathjis do you agree? Rolling Hansie?

Go Dawgs!

Date: December 7, 2012 16:03

VT22
DandelionPowderman

Ah, posing and a little extra, another phenomena in Stones history. Nice you mentioned it thumbs up

Posing was the little extra in his performance grinning smiley We already know Taylor can play...

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 7, 2012 20:09

BowieStone
Mathijs
and moving together with Jagger like Christina Aguilera. It was confusing, and a bit emberrassing really.

Mathijs

The first night you felt and saw that Mick (Jagger) was very uncomfortable with Taylor following him constantly.
He must have told Taylor not to do that anymore on the second night...which he didn't.
And he played a lot better (I really enjoyed Taylors playing the second night) because of it. Mick Taylor hasn't got the talent to play guitar and play with the crowd/frontman.

Mick Taylor needs some feedback, and at times a few rough words can be helpful. If you want to move like Mick Jagger you have to work out like him. Taylor seems to be very insecure about dos and don'ts. Some months ago Taylor, a man who influenced some highlights in the Stones' career life and on record, shared the stage smiling with a hysteric Jagger imitator. Last year he played an horrible concert in Germany and excused a few days after, claiming he had had a fever and a tooth ache. Sometimes it is better to stay off the stage. I wish Taylor more shots with the Stones, but not as a dancer.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 7, 2012 21:30

You say potato I say potato...

You say cunniligus I say cunniligus...

Let's call the whole thing off.

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: December 7, 2012 21:33

DandelionPowderman

Taylor got better and better on their 1969 US tour too...so let's wait smiling smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 7, 2012 21:36

VT22
I expected a bit more of Taylor's playing though, let's hope he plays a few more songs in NY, and better, cause he's the only guitarist who made their shows a bit more unpredictable and spicy. At least in my opinion he's the only Stones guitarist who can still do that, potentially.

You honestly didn't get enough Taylor on Rambler after 12 minutes of literally straight noodling?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 7, 2012 23:00

GravityBoy
You say potato I say potato...

You say cunniligus I say cunniligus...

Let's call the whole thing off.

i just loooove colonel angus....

Date: December 7, 2012 23:38

++++++++++++

Date: December 7, 2012 23:44

Justin
VT22
I expected a bit more of Taylor's playing though, let's hope he plays a few more songs in NY, and better, cause he's the only guitarist who made their shows a bit more unpredictable and spicy. At least in my opinion he's the only Stones guitarist who can still do that, potentially.

You honestly didn't get enough Taylor on Rambler after 12 minutes of literally straight noodling?

No, I didn't. In fact I prefer jazzy shredders like Allan Holdsworth grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 8, 2012 03:23

VT22
Justin
VT22

No, I didn't. In fact I prefer jazzy shredders like Allan Holdsworth grinning smiley

Hah! grinning smiley

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 8, 2012 06:46

Since in I am in the Caribbean all I can do is analize all the you tube videos to get a sense of what went down in london. I also think Mathijs review is honest and from the heart.

1. Jagger's singing sounds like Steel Wheels 89' which for me is like drinking fresh water after weeks dying in a dessert... thank you very much Mick. His showmanship its just superb for his age or any age.

2. Chuck is too loud, and his playing is like seing Mick Taylor wearing a damn speedo. I also hate that Yamaha keyboard sound.

3. I understand Mathijs opinions on Keith, him being a guitarrist and a high priest on Stones history, but I think Keith is playing better or at least seems to give us a sense that he knows what he should be playing again... maybe give him a few more shows and the fire will be there again... I love his new aproach, he is focused and his leads are better I think.. I also noticed him playing the Les Paul Jr on quite a few numbers, he looks good and at peace...

4. Taylor probably over played and was probably nervous too... obviusly trying to be noticed... it was a dream come true to see him onstage regardless..

5. I agree with Mathijs on Darryl Jones... I think the Stones died (my stones) when Bill quit...

Thank you very much for your review,

Peace

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 8, 2012 07:14

How about we all give Mick T a break?
You don't have to be a shrink to know that he has certain inner insecurities (and always has) and the jump from a pub to the O2 is quite a leap.

I wish him well.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 8, 2012 11:03

BowieStone
Mathijs

Mathijs

I think you could even "read" Keith thinking, toooo much.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 8, 2012 14:28

hahahah we all know Mathijs is not that crazy about Taylor era Stones anyway...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home