Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith solo album
Posted by: frozengold ()
Date: December 2, 2012 07:14

Do you think there will be a new album from Keith and the X-pensive winos?

Re: Keith solo album
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 2, 2012 08:15

frozengold

Hi frozengold,
only TeddyB1018 could say something about it...i'm waiting for his update!!
However, one of the six songs recorded with Steve Jordan has been used!!

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: frozengold ()
Date: December 2, 2012 08:19

KRiffhard
frozengold

Hi frozengold,
only TeddyB1018 could say something about it...i'm waiting for his update!!
However, one of the six songs recorded with Steve Jordan has been used!!

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks KRiffhard!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 2, 2012 08:22

Keith's priority is always the Stones. I expect if they make a record they'll have first crack at anything Keith's been working on.

Date: December 2, 2012 08:41

TeddyB1018
Keith's priority is always the Stones. I expect if they make a record they'll have first crack at anything Keith's been working on.

Hi Teddy,
many thanks to you!
I'd like to write in pvt, if you want this is my e-mail address: 1mark77@tiscali.it

Date: December 2, 2012 08:52

TeddyB1018

Don't you think that demo tracks recorded in 1996 with Winos, the sessions he did with Rob Fraboni 10 years ago and those made with Steve Jordan during 2011 could end up in songs for a new Winos album?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2012 21:06

I hope Keith doesn't waste any more precious time away from the Stones, any good material he has will find its place on a new Stones album no doubt. One has to assume that the 1996/2001 material didn't qualify if not some of it would have popped up on ABB, or maybe RJ and TPIE was the best of that bunch...which wouldn't be very encouraging for the rest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 21:13 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: December 2, 2012 21:11

he knows that it wouldn't sell. May be he would put something online.
Same thig with Jagger solo. It would only chart in germany!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 2, 2012 21:26

jamesjagger

i bet, according to your spelling, you are from germany.
for the rest what you are saying is.. bullshite.

keefs records sold well.

jeroen

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:51

why can only teddy talk about it? that's so unfair....

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 3, 2012 01:09

The Winos were great, yet there potential was strong but limited. They said what they could say, but there will not be another album.

Date: December 3, 2012 01:18

windmelody
The Winos were great, yet there potential was strong but limited. They said what they could say, but there will not be another album.

what did they say?

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 3, 2012 01:22

As a fan of the stones as a kid, one day i saw keith's 1'st solo album in the store and bought it. Wasn't a fan of it. As the album played, I kept wondering where all the awesomeness was and if it would show up. It never did. Hope you enjoyed my money keith.

Date: December 3, 2012 01:26

arthritis
As a fan of the stones as a kid, one day i saw keith's 1'st solo album in the store and bought it. Wasn't a fan of it. As the album played, I kept wondering where all the awesomeness was and if it would show up. It never did.

cool story. thank you for sharing.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 3, 2012 02:14

StonesTod
arthritis
As a fan of the stones as a kid, one day i saw keith's 1'st solo album in the store and bought it. Wasn't a fan of it. As the album played, I kept wondering where all the awesomeness was and if it would show up. It never did.

cool story. thank you for sharing.

>grinning smiley<

sometimes I'm sad one can't rate or 'like' (in a Facebook way tongue sticking out smiley) posts on IORR.
thumbs up nevertheless.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 3, 2012 02:22

arthritis
As a fan of the stones as a kid, one day i saw keith's 1'st solo album in the store and bought it. Wasn't a fan of it. As the album played, I kept wondering where all the awesomeness was and if it would show up. It never did. Hope you enjoyed my money keith.

Here's the unedited version of my story once again. The last sentence was integral to the plot.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: December 3, 2012 02:48

can't agree, thought talk is cheap was a classic from day one. the second solo album, not so much, it seemed to lack direction

Date: December 3, 2012 05:28

Keith didn't do either solo album for any money.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 3, 2012 06:05

KRiffhard
[Don't you think that demo tracks recorded in 1996 with Winos, the sessions he did with Rob Fraboni 10 years ago and those made with Steve Jordan during 2011 could end up in songs for a new Winos album?

Mick and Keith's solo demos in 1996 were pooled for the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions. Not sure if there's much more to be had there. Regarding Keith's sessions in 2000 and 2001 with Rob Fraboni, it appears it was 90% cover versions and the rest was just a few jazz instrumental ideas such as "Only Found Out Yesterday" and "Smooth 180" unless Teddy or anyone else has heard otherwise. "One More Shot" isn't the only track from the most recent Steve Jordan sessions to find a home elsewhere. There's also "Sleep When We Die" which was gifted to K'naan who added additional lyrics to finish the song.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: December 3, 2012 08:48

Keith should do an album of old jazz, easy listening, country and Blues standards, like The Nearness Of You. He has so much personality in his voice.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: December 3, 2012 08:58

Blueranger
Keith should do an album of old jazz, easy listening, country and Blues standards, like The Nearness Of You. He has so much personality in his voice.

I agree !!!smileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: December 3, 2012 09:57

corriecas
jamesjagger

i bet, according to your spelling, you are from germany.
for the rest what you are saying is.. bullshite.

keefs records sold well.

jeroen

I doubt "Main Offender" sold that well and even those days are gone!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 3, 2012 10:44

StonesTod
windmelody

what did they say?

What I tried to say is that they started repeating themselves on their second album. Running too deep and Will but you won't (a great track) are based on the same riff.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: December 3, 2012 12:16

Blueranger

Absolutely!!

About half of Main Offender is non songs based on sub AC/DC riffs and one more shot is just the latest example of this. The sound of someone going thru the motions giving his audience what he mistakenly thinks they want from him.
Gimme an album of lovesick country and jazz ballads anyday!

Date: December 3, 2012 12:32

Rocky Dijon
KRiffhard
[Don't you think that demo tracks recorded in 1996 with Winos, the sessions he did with Rob Fraboni 10 years ago and those made with Steve Jordan during 2011 could end up in songs for a new Winos album?

Mick and Keith's solo demos in 1996 were pooled for the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions. Not sure if there's much more to be had there. Regarding Keith's sessions in 2000 and 2001 with Rob Fraboni, it appears it was 90% cover versions and the rest was just a few jazz instrumental ideas such as "Only Found Out Yesterday" and "Smooth 180" unless Teddy or anyone else has heard otherwise. "One More Shot" isn't the only track from the most recent Steve Jordan sessions to find a home elsewhere. There's also "Sleep When We Die" which was gifted to K'naan who added additional lyrics to finish the song.

Never heard of that K'naan character is that song available? Will look it up.

Karnbach gave us a lot of titles for Keith leftovers from the B2B sessions but since no one seems to have heard them you have to wonder if, a. they exist, b. are any good. Probably not if not Keith would have contributed more than one track to 40 Licks.

I wasn't a huge fan of OMS but I must say it's grown on me quite a bit, an obvious chorus, but some pretty subtle parts, a lot more than anything ACDC (and I like them) have ever done. If he has two or three more like this and a ballad we might actually get a good Stones album next year.

Date: December 3, 2012 12:45

gotdablouse
Rocky Dijon
KRiffhard

Never heard of that K'naan character is that song available? Will look it up.

Karnbach gave us a lot of titles for Keith leftovers from the B2B sessions but since no one seems to have heard them you have to wonder if, a. they exist, b. are any good. Probably not if not Keith would have contributed more than one track to 40 Licks.

I wasn't a huge fan of OMS but I must say it's grown on me quite a bit, an obvious chorus, but some pretty subtle parts, a lot more than anything ACDC (and I like them) have ever done. If he has two or three more like this and a ballad we might actually get a good Stones album next year.

I think this track was released just recently, and it should be available here on IORR in another thread, if I'm not mistaken.

Date: December 3, 2012 12:50

downloading the k'naan song Sleep when we die from Vuze.
jeroen

Date: December 3, 2012 12:59

just listened to it.
you can pick out keefs guitars easy enough.
not very special or worth remembering.
dont like rap music and knaans baby voice.
dont understand why keef has given him this song and plays on it.
jeroen

Date: December 3, 2012 13:01

corriecas
just listened to it.
you can pick out keefs guitars easy enough.
not very special or worth remembering.
dont like rap music and knaans baby voice.
dont understand why keef has given him this song and plays on it.
jeroen

I think they used the same studio, and just bumped into eachother in the hallway, or something. According to knaan, they shared the love for herbs as well winking smiley

Date: December 3, 2012 13:19

It could certainly have been made to work ok in a Stones context...seems like a song of the next album got wasted here, unless Mick listened to it in August and vetoed it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home