Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 44
Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:02

Playing Lady Jane

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:03

What amp was Taylor using?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:04

latvianinexile
Playing Lady Jane

Such a cool picture!

Date: November 30, 2012 02:05

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:08

latvianinexile
stonesfrkk
71Tele
How was Rambler compared to Sunday?
Don't worry 71Tele, I'm sure it was alot better. Looking at Stellea Mcartney's photo, there was no Marshall on the stage. When everybody is playing really clean amps like the tweed's and vibro king's you don't come out with a marshall,that was part of MT problem with the over kill.Sorry to say i was actually really nice about MT performance but i do know the Taylor freaks very well,I lived with one for 10 years, it's nothing but tunnel vision,it's all about Taylor and that's it bottom line like someone said in one of the threads the Taylor freak is a whole other animal all together. It's actually very sad you MT freaks are all the same it's all about him and no body else.Don't get me wrong i love the Tayor area, but it's not all about Taylor look were he is in his career according to where the Stones are. It's a no brainer,Keef rules and that's about how the story of the Stones is. MT is a hired hand that plays really good leads and at that period in time it was perfect for the Stones with all the guitar wars going on in those days. The Stones are brillant at all the moves they have made through out the years MT would of never made it in the mid to late seventies are concerned with the punk movement Woody was the perfect replacement Sorry MT fanatics that's the way it rolls!

There was no Marshall amp on the stage because there was no Jeff Beck tonight. Nothing to do with Taylor.
You might have me there 71Tele but i'll do a little more research. Because when i saw Taylor in 88 in Hollywood he was using a Marshall at the Pallidino club.And Beck is usually using clean amps like the Stones.

Posted by: adamdean ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:10

but clapton dyes his hair, kr is au natural

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:11

stonesfrkk
71Tele
Don't worry 71Tele, I'm sure it was alot better. Looking at Stellea Mcartney's photo, there was no Marshall on the stage. When everybody is playing really clean amps like the tweed's and vibro king's you don't come out with a marshall,that was part of MT problem with the over kill.Sorry to say i was actually really nice about MT performance but i do know the Taylor freaks very well,I lived with one for 10 years, it's nothing but tunnel vision,it's all about Taylor and that's it bottom line like someone said in one of the threads the Taylor freak is a whole other animal all together. It's actually very sad you MT freaks are all the same it's all about him and no body else.Don't get me wrong i love the Tayor area, but it's not all about Taylor look were he is in his career according to where the Stones are. It's a no brainer,Keef rules and that's about how the story of the Stones is. MT is a hired hand that plays really good leads and at that period in time it was perfect for the Stones with all the guitar wars going on in those days. The Stones are brillant at all the moves they have made through out the years MT would of never made it in the mid to late seventies are concerned with the punk movement Woody was the perfect replacement Sorry MT fanatics that's the way it rolls!

Really, save all those completely unoriginal opinions for the next Taylor/Wood debate. I am simply enjoying Taylor playing with the band again.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:12

latvianinexile
Playing Lady Jane

One of the best i've seen. very very nice.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:12

sjs12
What amp was Taylor using?

Taylor was using the two amps you see between Clapton and Ronnie. Clapton was using the two on the left.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:13

71Tele
stonesfrkk
71Tele

Really, save all those completely unoriginal opinions for the next Taylor/Wood debate. I am simply enjoying Taylor playing with the band again.
Allright i'll let you relish in your enjoyment because you deserve it i actually enjoyed parts of it too believe it or not! sorry about the explanation point.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:14

sjs12

By the way, they played pretty much the same set every night on the 72/73 tours. Why do people not complain about that?

I hear ya, every band/artist on any level always has and always will play around 80% or more of the same setlist and in the same order on any given tour. There are real good reasons to do it this way. It's not that hard to understand why this is done.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:15

Concert was great. Keith improved enormously compared to the bigger bang tour. This time the band actually sounds like it's carried by two guitar players. Clapton was awesome. Bill was nice to see, but to be honest I have no idea what he played..

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:17

latvianinexile
Tickets available today at this ticket outlet at Picadilly Circus. Chuck will be replaced by Rick Wakeman on Thursday winking smiley
j
I asked inside hat kind of tickets they had to offer and they told me 700£ in the lower tiers.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:17

71Tele
stonesfrkk
71Tele

One thing though 71Tele unoriginal opinions? Then who's opinions are they? Are you a phychic now? What's your 800 number?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:18

Thanks for the nice pics latvianinexile, looks like you moved a bit towards the right compared to Sunday? Was it as enjoyable in the pit? How would you compare the shows?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:21

mnewman505
Pete Townshend onstage last weekend @ The Who concert I saw in Detroit "thank you for coming out and spending your hard earned money to see us, we really appreciate it"

Mick Jagger onstage tonight at the O2 "hahahaha suckers!!!"

Remember the Licks Tour when you didn't know what the next song was going to be and you could actually afford a ticket? ahhhh those were the days!

Yes, and the Stones could sell out the O2 with these prices, cause the Stones is in another price level. It's kinda free market. You put out what you have, and let's see how much it worth.. And the they made it.

So please don't moan about the ticket prices anymore. I could't afford to go to the gigs too, but this bitching is kinda nonsense..

ps: and if you like these motherfuckeer rockandrollers, you don't take on Jagger's cynical words..
if we liked that before, we like it now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 02:30 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:21

stonesfrkk
71Tele

Hard to get a straight answer when it comes to MT! Tele, glad you asked first. I don't feel like such a freak now. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 02:38 by blueyestoo.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:23

Just got back. It was excellent. Musically better than Sunday. Keith was in another class compared to Sunday. A pleasure to see and hear. Clapton fits much better with our boys than Beck. Our boys in a very fine form.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:23

rrronnie
latvianinexile
Tickets available today at this ticket outlet at Picadilly Circus. Chuck will be replaced by Rick Wakeman on Thursday winking smiley
j
I asked inside hat kind of tickets they had to offer and they told me 700£ in the lower tiers.
Hey Peter how are you? Did you go to this show?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:24

so how was Wakeman, nobody has said? An impovement over Chuck?

stonesfrkk
71Tele
stonesfrkk
71Tele

One thing though 71Tele unoriginal opinions? Then who's opinions are they? Are you a phychic now? What's your 800 number?

Just that the whole "Taylor would have never made the punk transition", "Taylor" was a hired hand" arguments have been made here ad nauseam (as if Wood wasn't a hired hand). Sorry it bothered you that I pointed that out. Its not only that it gets old, it presents an inacurrately one-dimensional view of the contribution he made the the band's music, which is obvious if you just listen to the records. Also completely irrelevant t the post of mine you responded to. But thanks for "letting" me enjoy it anyway.

Posted by: Harlix ()

Thanks from my nightshift in Copenhagen Denmark. Back home to Sweden later today and Sleep and play a lot of music with The Greatest Rock n Roll band in The World spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 02:26 by Harlix.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:25

Mick T was cool on Rambler, some really good bits and he seemed concentrated. Seemed to absolutely love being on stage.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:25

sjs12
Hoping for a tour next year.

"We see ya next year, bye bye..."

Mick Jagger 1981...America.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:26

steel driving hammer
sjs12
Hoping for a tour next year.

"We see ya next year, bye bye..."

Mick Jagger 1981...America.

It's All Over Now...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:29

Just back from the gig. Wow - a notch up from Sunday for sure. And Midnight Rambler. My God. Mick Taylor must have been rehearsing because the version tonight just tore down the tracks like the midnight flyer. The good news is that I recorded it. The bad news is that I've got to sleep but will get it on the site tomorrow some time.

Florence Welch was wonderful too - she and Jagger were almost dancing at one point and I think she may even have tried to kiss him mid song.

Clapton, well, how can you fault the man. Stunning guitar break tonight on Champagne and Reefer.

I was lucky enough to get the centre of row A Block A2 at 5pm tonight off Ticketmaster. Don't ask me how but I managed to take more than 100 shots. I'll put the best ones up tomorrow.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:29

Lorenz
Mick T was cool on Rambler, some really good bits and he seemed concentrated. Seemed to absolutely love being on stage.

THANK YOU! Would you say better than Sunday? Did he roamthe stage as much? Overplay? Enquiring minds want to know.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:30

Rokyfan
so how was Wakeman, nobody has said? An impovement over Chuck?

Read the original post about Wakeman!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:31

I never would have thought but tonight was even better than Sunday. Bliss.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:31

Dude, what's the point of your doomsday posts, I already asked you to explain what objective reasons you had to call it a day, anyway you should start a new thread, it's OT here.

@MartinB - good to hear Keith played better than on Sunday, no bum notes on GS ? How was Taylor, still chasing Mick J. around the stage or was he told to cut that down and focus on his playing ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 02:31 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home