Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: MT to perform the four remaining shows
Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:22

I don't think he was planning necessarily on doing the shows in the States, but maybe with the reception last night, he has reconsidered.

As someone said he had already rescheduled the Spain date once...he can do it again, as you say, Fred, to revive his own career more, if nothing else. ::fingers crossed::

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:31

paulm
Rambler holds MT in check by its stops, except for the end.

??? Have you heard the performance? He doesn't stop playing for a second.

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:34

I come from the thought that Ronnie was one of the worst thinges to happen to the band. Sorry, just my opinion. Taylor in he early 70s was untouchable.

That being said, I haven't seen MT play in decades.

From just one view of that Midnight Rambler video - I thought MT sounded horrible. He came off like he was wired up on bad coke/plus nervousness or somthing? And his moves were horrible. I'd prefer him to stand still and play.

All in all MR seemed unrehearsed...

I'll have to watch it again

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:45

I'm all for Taylor being a guest, but he was incredibly bad and embarrassing here. I can't understand Stones fans expressing appreciation for this appearance - I think they're just overawed with his being onstage with the Stones again. Taylor is completely over the top, overplaying and drowning out the others, badly blunders the little runs he attempts, and most especially plays off tempo most of the time and sometimes is even slightly off key.

Mick J, get him off the tour!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:30

paulm
I was thinking about this Erik...first, aside from MT being a w@nker for leaving the band...

For last night's concert, the Stones did not want to incite riot by unleashing MT's full talent. Tumbling Dice and Honky Tonk would have showcased MT's talents EVEN MORE than Rambler. Rambler holds MT in check by its stops, except for the end.

By contrast, what MT was doing in '72-'73 with Tumbling, Honky Tonk, even Brown Sugar was more lyrical. His playing might have STOLEN EVEN MORE LIMELIGHT from the others, perhaps resulting in a riot to reinstate him.
What are they going to reinstate him as? The creepy king kong stalker?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:22

TimeIs
I'm all for Taylor being a guest, but he was incredibly bad and embarrassing here. I can't understand Stones fans expressing appreciation for this appearance - I think they're just overawed with his being onstage with the Stones again. Taylor is completely over the top, overplaying and drowning out the others, badly blunders the little runs he attempts, and most especially plays off tempo most of the time and sometimes is even slightly off key.

It is kind of funny, and unique, watching Keith trying to fight his way to get a riff in here and there.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:24

Well, I suppose we can now officially talk about Mick Taylor's "controversial" appearance with the Stones. smoking smiley

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:56

71Tele
Well, I suppose we can now officially talk about Mick Taylor's "controversial" appearance with the Stones. smoking smiley

The first "controversial" MT guest spot. The second one will be Thursday when he uses that newfound stage movement to even greater effect and completes a walk around the pit circle causing Jagger's jaw to drop in admiration at his shy former guitarist's new willingness to engage. He is 'hired' on the spot to play 6-7 songs a night on the 2013 tour and given immediate access to Stones' security, trainers, tech crew and Chuck's live song arrangements coaching to get ready.

The third controversial Taylor show will be in NJ when he steps up to the mic and nails all of the scraggly harmonies that Keith should be singing. The fourth controversial Taylor appearance will be NJ#2 on the PPV when MJ's mic cuts out again on Miss You and MT runs out onstage from the wings and covers Jagger's falsetto lead vocals flawlessly on Bernard's mic until MJ's mic problems are fixed. The controversies are just gettin' started, 71Tele.

Date: November 27, 2012 07:01

winter
71Tele

The first "controversial" MT guest spot. The second one will be Thursday when he uses that newfound stage movement to even greater effect and completes a walk around the pit circle causing Jagger's jaw to drop in admiration at his shy former guitarist's new willingness to engage. He is 'hired' on the spot to play 6-7 songs a night on the 2013 tour and given immediate access to Stones' security, trainers, tech crew and Chuck's live song arrangements coaching to get ready.

The third controversial Taylor show will be in NJ when he steps up to the mic and nails all of the scraggly harmonies that Keith should be singing. The fourth controversial Taylor appearance will be NJ#2 on the PPV when MJ's mic cuts out again on Miss You and MT runs out onstage from the wings and covers Jagger's falsetto lead vocals flawlessly on Bernard's mic until MJ's mic problems are fixed. The controversies are just gettin' started, 71Tele.

You know something I don't? smoking smiley

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:18

71Tele
winter
71Tele

You know something I don't? smoking smiley

Nothing I can divulge at this moment, Tele. What happens in Taylor Club stays in Taylor Club. Although didja notice MT had sneakers kinda like Ronnie's, and Ronnie always moves about? It's the shoes. shhh.

Posted by: GrandToad ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:23

winter
71Tele

He's also going to make a lot more money on his regular gigs. eye popping smiley

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:32

winter
71Tele

Maybe this is why the Stones nominated,King Kong as there mascot,because they new they were in for a smothering job by Taylor!lol.I think Kansas City,gave them a peak preview! When Richards wanted to tear his cord out of the amp because he was so $#%$#^% loud!We all know your a great guitar player Taylor but please play with the tempo and with the band your playing with. That's all i asked and it would be phenominol.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:42

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
Erik_Snow
Rokyfan
look up "guest" in an English dictionary. he used to be in the band, he's not anymore. And if they go on tour in 2013, he's not trotting around the world with them to do 1 or 2 songs. It's slightly more sensible than wishing Joey, Dee Dee and Johnny would come back to life and go on tour again.

Not 1 or 2 songs, no, that's why I'm hoping for more than that.

You can look up whatever you want in the dictionary, but if Blondie can be with the band for every show during a tour, then it surely is not impossible that Taylor could be included - if the band, and Taylor wanted to

Why do you suppose they put him on a song that isn't even from the Taylor era? Because of Ya Ya's? I'm trying to look that up in the dictionary but its not cooperating

Ya Ya is not in the dictionary? Try looking on "Taylor" or "Midnight Rambler" then

I guess they chose Rambler because it's long enough and because it's the highlight of the 1969-1973 era, concertwise. If they went for Tumbling Dice or something, then they had to have him for another song as well. Just 5 minutes of this historical sight/listen is way too less

Edit: oops, don't know how my bit got into the middle of someone else's comment.. Should be here:

Several people have said that Mick T seemed under-rehearsed (and does anybody know exactly when he did rehearse with the band? At Wembley, presumably - he wasn't in Paris). Given that, Midnight Rambler, which has that big "jam" element to it was a better choice than songs that depend more heavily on timing and teamwork. Mick T on Rambler was great to hear. Not sure I'd have wanted him on HTW or ADTL on Sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 08:18 by Green Lady.

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:57

Shame Bill won't fly over and join them as well. I imagine MT will only get more in the groove and click with the band musically more. I hope he gets to play more than one song a night. I also hope his playing ignites the passion inside Keith and Ronnie.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:35

They could always play CYHMK, Taylor could handle that. no problem after all, he still plays it.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 27, 2012 09:23

TimeIs

haha...he fits in extremely well with the rest of the band then....
substitute "overplaying" with "overacting" then he is the perfect clone !

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: November 27, 2012 09:42

The MT tour website definitely shows that he will be playing both nights in London. Spain is still on there for the 15th -- anxiously waiting for that to change -- even after what happened in London. Off topic note: Keith's solo on Going Down was phenomenal. If you haven't listened to it yet, please do. It's short, but great.

Date: November 27, 2012 17:08

It would be nice if the original poster would would say why he thinks his thread title is correct, as there has been no official word, and many of us are basing our decision on whether to buy tickets on the appearance or non-apearance of Taylor at the other gigs.

Date: November 27, 2012 17:13

Taylor sounded great. Actually, you had to be there - seeing him on stage, hearing the real sound mix as well as getting that positive energy from this performance.

So what if he was a bit nervous, or played a couple of bum notes.

It was good seeing Taylor with the Stones. Period.

Date: November 27, 2012 18:11

71Tele
It would be nice if the original poster would would say why he thinks his thread title is correct, as there has been no official word, and many of us are basing our decision on whether to buy tickets on the appearance or non-apearance of Taylor at the other gigs.

he said he is a Taylor insider and we should believe him. Skeptical? Think someone would just be taking the piss like that? Me too.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 27, 2012 18:14

71Tele

Inside info is no basis for ticket purchases of this magnitude. Act accordingly.

Date: November 27, 2012 18:30

Munichhilton
71Tele

Inside info is no basis for ticket purchases of this magnitude. Act accordingly.

thumbs up

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: November 27, 2012 18:46

I would love to tell you all but I respect my contact very much. I was told I could pass this info on so I am doing so. I will not go into anything else that we have spoke about so I guess you will just have to take my info with a grain of salt.
As for the so called Official MT web site, I would not put much faith in that site.
I strongly believe that MT was not officially asked to join them for the show(s) until about a week or two max before the event occured.

Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Date: November 27, 2012 18:54

Fredluvzstones
I would love to tell you all but I respect my contact very much. I was told I could pass this info on so I am doing so. I will not go into anything else that we have spoke about so I guess you will just have to take my info with a grain of salt.
As for the so called Official MT web site, I would not put much faith in that site.
I strongly believe that MT was not officially asked to join them for the show(s) until about a week or two max before the event occured.

Fred Hardin

Well, he was apparently only asked to join the London show a few days before. We knew that.

While I certainly respect your wish not to divulge your sources, I hope you see the problem with your thread title being stated as fact. But thanks for the partial clarification. I hope you are right.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 18:58

Fredluvzstones

Fred Hardin

About 2 days max as I understood it, but what the f*ck.

Date: November 27, 2012 19:04

If it was put to me in a way that would make me belive it was not going to happen, I would never have titled it that way.
I was told he is to play the next 4 shows!

Fred Hardin

Date: November 27, 2012 19:06

Fredluvzstones
If it was put to me in a way that would make me belive it was not going to happen, I would never have titled it that way.
I was told he is to play the next 4 shows!

Fred Hardin

Great.

Date: November 27, 2012 19:07

VT22
Fredluvzstones

Fred Hardin

About 2 days max as I understood it, but what the f*ck.

I was not given any of the timing details and did not ask.
I know that about 10 days prior to the show he had still not been asked yet.

Fred Hardin

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 19:19

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Date: November 27, 2012 19:40

OK, feeling better about it now Fred, but you can unerstand the skepticism (as much, based on history, due to the fear that plans may change before they are announced, as on anything else).

I'm guessing keith is telling him "Ok you can come to the US with us but you got to take a breath now and then and leave some room in the mix for the rest of us."

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home