Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Too many guests?
Date: November 24, 2012 20:53

Snoop is not coming because Wyman reprezents East Coast, Snoop is obviously West Coast. Dr Dre stepped in to try and have Wyman back down but Wyman threatened to put a cap in his ass and quote @Put him in another land@ end quote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 20:54 by TheBostonStrangler.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:54

I'm intrigued about what they will sing with MJB. I've seen her live, she has a great voice and man she rocks!

IMHO the guests don't detract from the act that I want to see. FFS guys it's the STONES!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:58

Gazza
hbwriter
frankotero
hbwriter are you saying 90% of the people at this concert will have paid these high ticket prices to see a band they care about? While I shouldn't be judgemental I can't help think I would go 10% for someone I wasn't into. Maybe I should just lighten up and laugh out loud. After all I'm going to see The Stones anyway.

I'm saying many dyed in the wool stones fans cannot afford the prices - and that yeah, many in the house will be thrilled by guests appearances because they want to see a spectacle as opposed to a classic stones show - just my opinion of course - that it will be a more upscale crowd less interested in the band than in simply being there - i'm sure the shows will be solid and that the crowds will eat it all up - i'd probably go if they were playing CA - but would i kill myself to travel cross country? no freaking way - anyways - have a blast, seriously - enjoy the show - here's hoping they don't water it down too much with other talent - this is the last hurrah after all - and if anyone nearby says "who's THAT" when either MT or BW appear - please punch them in the mouth.

Consider me the board's 'designated hitter' if they do. I'm already practising my left hook.

Two different sports metaphors in one sentence, Gazza? smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

Would have to be Gimme Shelter ?

BTW - did you get my email, re the Travelodge?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

What, no Christina Aguilera or Dave Matthews?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:00

71Tele
Gazza
hbwriter
frankotero
hbwriter are you saying 90% of the people at this concert will have paid these high ticket prices to see a band they care about? While I shouldn't be judgemental I can't help think I would go 10% for someone I wasn't into. Maybe I should just lighten up and laugh out loud. After all I'm going to see The Stones anyway.

I'm saying many dyed in the wool stones fans cannot afford the prices - and that yeah, many in the house will be thrilled by guests appearances because they want to see a spectacle as opposed to a classic stones show - just my opinion of course - that it will be a more upscale crowd less interested in the band than in simply being there - i'm sure the shows will be solid and that the crowds will eat it all up - i'd probably go if they were playing CA - but would i kill myself to travel cross country? no freaking way - anyways - have a blast, seriously - enjoy the show - here's hoping they don't water it down too much with other talent - this is the last hurrah after all - and if anyone nearby says "who's THAT" when either MT or BW appear - please punch them in the mouth.

Consider me the board's 'designated hitter' if they do. I'm already practising my left hook.

Well there's no way I'm going to volunteer to be IORR's 'designated hooker' !

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:15

Gazza- I always agree with your posts. Though we might disagree on the "guests" I got your back if we need to show someone the "left hook" ha-ha. I'm on block 101 row P seat 25 on Thursday. Hope to meet you, and any other iorr-ians. We're going to see THE ROLLING STONES. Shit I'm practically jumping through my skin. Best to all of you at the gigs! And to everyone else I hope we can meet next year at some shows!hot smiley

Date: November 24, 2012 21:17

frankotero
Gazza- I always agree with your posts. Though we might disagree on the "guests" I got your back if we need to show someone the "left hook" ha-ha. I'm on block 101 row P seat 25 on Thursday. Hope to meet you, and any other iorr-ians. We're going to see THE ROLLING STONES. Shit I'm practically jumping through my skin. Best to all of you at the gigs! And to everyone else I hope we can meet next year at some shows!hot smiley

smileys with beer

Hope to see you in the Pilot inn, mate - it'll be a pleasure to meet you.

Cant wait now. Wish I could be there for a few days and its going to be a lot to pack in for what will just be at most a four hour pre-show get together.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:22

Gazza
GravityBoy
Rollin92
Mary J Blige

I just don't get it.

Why is this woman a guest?

Probably because she's an excellent singer. Does the special guest list have to be limited to near geriatric white males?

i tried that line of reasoning earlier. it's not working with this crowd. they just want the stones, warts and all...well, it's mostly warts, but they'll take the rest, too

Date: November 24, 2012 21:23

OK. I will visit the Pilot Inn first on Tuesday when I get to London. Then, I will go again on show day. Hope to meet some of you guys there. Besides the band this is our time too. Time to share our passion. smileys with beer

Date: November 24, 2012 21:24

71Tele

aren't you supposed to be en route to london or something...and going to market to get some fruit to toss at chuck tomorrow?

Date: November 24, 2012 21:26

International Superstar Lorenzino has just been announced as a guest in London...

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 21:27 by TheBostonStrangler.

Date: November 24, 2012 22:04

Gazza
71Tele
Gazza
hbwriter
frankotero

Well there's no way I'm going to volunteer to be IORR's 'designated hooker' !

No, that would not reflect well on you.

Date: November 24, 2012 22:05

StonesTod
71Tele

aren't you supposed to be en route to london or something...and going to market to get some fruit to toss at chuck tomorrow?

Aren't you supposed to be seceding from the Union or something?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:15

ah IPHONE ! .. IPHONE IPHONE IPHONE IPHONE!!!!

IPHONE ! ! !

Date: November 24, 2012 22:15

frankotero
OK. I will visit the Pilot Inn first on Tuesday when I get to London. Then, I will go again on show day. Hope to meet some of you guys there. Besides the band this is our time too. Time to share our passion. smileys with beer

Damn thats too bad. Just tomorrow for me.

Date: November 24, 2012 22:18

Gazza- maybe you will find a resonably priced ticket for Thursday? I hope so.

Date: November 24, 2012 22:32

It would mean another couple of flights....financially out of the question I'm afraid plus I've no leave left at work (I'm on a 9 am flight home Monday and going straight into work afterwards - theyve allowed me to come in a couple of hours late and make the time up later)

Sunday was the only one of the two shows I was ever going to. I never even bothered trying for the Thursday one as I knew it was a non starter.

Maybe next year!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:46

TheBostonStrangler
International Superstar Lorenzino has just been announced as a guest in London...

[www.youtube.com]

>grinning smiley< Imagine a guitar duel with Mick Taylor! grinning smiley

Date: November 24, 2012 22:47

Ok Gazza. One day we shall meet! Have a great gig this Sunday. Just watched the interviews from "the one show" and I'm sure the boys are ready to roar as Keef would say. It will be magical, this I'm sure of.winking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:07

Gazza
GravityBoy
Rollin92
Mary J Blige

I just don't get it.

Probably because she's an excellent singer. Does the special guest list have to be limited to near geriatric white males?

Frack the special guest list.

Nobody gives a crap.

People have paid £400 for The Rolling Stones, not filler.

Date: November 24, 2012 23:11

StonesTod
Gazza
GravityBoy
Rollin92
Mary J Blige

I just don't get it.

i tried that line of reasoning earlier. it's not working with this crowd. they just want the stones, warts and all...well, it's mostly warts, but they'll take the rest, too

Yes!!

Warts and all.

No sellotape.

No nonsense.

I want want what it says on the tin.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:21

MT and Bill guests for the entire show would be great.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 23:24 by bigfrankie.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:22

GravityBoy
StonesTod
Gazza
GravityBoy
Rollin92
Mary J Blige

I just don't get it.

Yes!!

Warts and all.

No sellotape.

No nonsense.

I want want what it says on the tin.

Ah, but would you still accept The Stones if Ron and especially Mick no longer dyed their hair. Picture Mick in lemon yellow tights and Mount Everest hair. Could you accept Jumping Jack Flash as presented by a group of rockin' sno cones?

Date: November 24, 2012 23:31

stonesnow
Ah, but would you still accept The Stones if Ron and especially Mick no longer dyed their hair. Picture Mick in lemon yellow tights and Mount Everest hair. Could you accept Jumping Jack Flash as presented by a group of rockin' sno cones?

I'm thinking....

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:34

straycatuk
Rolling Stones past and present only !

I hope the others are only for the PPV.

sc uk

..including Dick Taylor??!!

Date: November 24, 2012 23:42

GravityBoy
stonesnow

I'm thinking....

What about... wigs as special guests?

Date: November 24, 2012 23:45

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

Aren't you supposed to be seceding from the Union or something?

we tried. we failed. i know, i know...if at first you don't secede...

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:53

GravityBoy
GravityBoy
stonesnow

I'm thinking....

What about... wigs as special guests?

But do the wigs have to feature colored hair?....

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 25, 2012 00:01

LOL! What a bunch of whiners.....STFU and enjoy the show or go watch a cricket match.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home