Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Too many guests?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 25, 2012 19:01

Mathijs
Beff Jack. I hate the bugger.

Mathijs

take heart...i'm sure it's reciprocated

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 25, 2012 19:25

swiss
Gazza
GravityBoy
Rollin92
Mary J Blige

I just don't get it.

Why is this woman a guest?

Probably because she's an excellent singer. Does the special guest list have to be limited to near geriatric white males?

Gazza - thank you - I'm on Page 2 of these comments and have been thinking the same thing. Sheesh.

The outrage that a black woman guests might sing with Mick on...oh I dunno? Gimme Shelter?

I don't mean to be unsympathetic, but some of you guys are acting like a little bit like babies.
I mean, you bitch and bitch for 5 years for the Stones to perform again -- and lo and behold! here
they come. And you're shocked and appalled that the Stones are going to create the biggest
star-studded extravaganza they can conceivably pull together?

As hbwriter says, most of the people who will attend these shows are people who looking for
a flashy celebrity-soaked spectacle. So, to them, they are getting to see this old relic
band, the Rolling Stones, who sang that song Brown Sugar, featuring Mick Jagger and Keith
Richards (who was in that pirate movie their kids loved), PLUS some of today's biggest stars
and best guitarists etc having a heckuva night together.

If I were given tkts for close-up seats I would be THRILLED to see this show. How much would
I actually pay for this type of show? Not sure. But it's going to be cool in it's own way.

Cuz, I mean, this is what the Stones wanted to do, so here we have it. We're lucky they're playing!
And there will be plenty of Stones-only songs.

C'mon you guys, cheer up - it'll be a historic concert stuffed with talent and energy.

- swiss

Amen Brother. The show tonight is as big as it gets and I am sure it will be stellar!!!!!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 25, 2012 19:25

Can Jeff Beck weave?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 25, 2012 19:26

bob r
I don't consider Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor guests at all....they are Stones and its great to have them back.
If the Stones "need" to have guests, it would be so much better to have musicians that actually mean something to them, or have a connection to the Stones: McCartney, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lee Perry, Neville Bros, Toots or the like-- not this steady stream of "B' listers----
I'm just thankful they didn't ask Justin Beiber.......................

Most of the musicians you mention are performers that the Stones have looked up to or have been influenced by. The Stones are now and have been a band that many musicians look up to especially in their later years. They are mentors to many a performer and bands alike. They are no longer guests at the show as they are the host.

In all fairness, the wisdom of elder always reaches down to the subordinate and just maybe in a optimistic attempt for continuing relevancy to the different genres they diversify their guest list. Consider this, maybe these musicians are well liked and listened to by Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Ron.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 25, 2012 19:52

GravityBoy
Can Jeff Beck weave?
No. But he can knit.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 25, 2012 20:04

Too Many Guests...can spoil the soup.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: November 25, 2012 21:43

dcba
GravityBoy
How many guests did Led Zeppelin have?

Yeah but they always were full of themselves... Plus live they sucked for most of the 1975-80 period so it's a wrong example.
zeppelin live 1975-1980 > vegas stones live from 1989 on, not even close. at least latter-day zeppelin resembled them as they were in their prime.

Date: November 25, 2012 22:13

sweetcharmedlife
GravityBoy
Can Jeff Beck weave?
No. But he can knit.

He needs to knit some sleeves.

Date: November 26, 2012 01:32

Imagine if they dropped the totally unnecessary Jeff Beck number and did something of their own instead.

Who.. besides Jeff Beck.. would have been gutted?

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 26, 2012 01:59

and Mary Blige?wtf. wHO THE HELL IS THAT!????

Date: November 26, 2012 02:01

mickscarey

At least she didn't do her own thing which is what was bothering me.

She just sang on Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:35

mickscarey

It's called "the 21st Century", mickscarey. Look into it.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:27

What a joke bringing her onstage. What's next, Kid Rock?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:37

mickscarey
What a joke bringing her onstage. What's next, Kid Rock?

Hey. That was my idea. Back off.

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 05:56

Taylor only on ONE song and Wyman on two????? I'm glad I didn't pay $800 to see that, apart from the guests, it looks like the same old Vaudville act we have been seeing for the past 25 years....

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:31

Woz
swiss
Gazza - thank you - I'm on Page 2 of these comments and have been thinking the same thing. Sheesh.

The outrage that a black woman guests might sing with Mick on...oh I dunno? Gimme Shelter?

I don't mean to be unsympathetic, but some of you guys are acting like a little bit like babies.
I mean, you bitch and bitch for 5 years for the Stones to perform again -- and lo and behold! here
they come. And you're shocked and appalled that the Stones are going to create the biggest
star-studded extravaganza they can conceivably pull together?

As hbwriter says, most of the people who will attend these shows are people who looking for
a flashy celebrity-soaked spectacle. So, to them, they are getting to see this old relic
band, the Rolling Stones, who sang that song Brown Sugar, featuring Mick Jagger and Keith
Richards (who was in that pirate movie their kids loved), PLUS some of today's biggest stars
and best guitarists etc having a heckuva night together.

If I were given tkts for close-up seats I would be THRILLED to see this show. How much would
I actually pay for this type of show? Not sure. But it's going to be cool in it's own way.

Cuz, I mean, this is what the Stones wanted to do, so here we have it. We're lucky they're playing!
And there will be plenty of Stones-only songs.

C'mon you guys, cheer up - it'll be a historic concert stuffed with talent and energy.

- swiss

Amen Brother. The show tonight is as big as it gets and I am sure it will be stellar!!!!!

grinning smiley I'm a sister, not a brother - but right on! smiling smiley

-swiss

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:47

mickscarey --- they say Ginkgo Biloba improves memory, concentration, and other mental faculties.

mickscarey

Date: November 26, 2012 01:59

apparently you knew who she was 3 years ago when stonesrule mentioned her favorably...

Re: 3-4 performers,who defined the decades
Posted by: stonesrule
Date: July 22, 2009 01:55

00's Remains to be seen Mary J. Blige and Kanye West, to my mind, are worthwhile

---------------------------
your response

Re: 3-4 performers,who defined the decades
Posted by: mickscarey
Date: July 22, 2009 16:35

blige and west. are you sick out of your mind!

but in 2010 you forgot who she was but were bent out of shape about her as you are now

Re: Lisa Fischer switches to the "enemy"...
Posted by: mickscarey
Date: January 26, 2010 01:50

who is Mary J Blige???!!

Posted by: salty ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:48

They should have got Maggie Thatcher on to sing "sympathy for the devil".

Posted by: basti ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:52

I HOPE BY THE PAY PER VIEW SHOW, ALICIA KEYS ARE THE GUEST BY GIMME SHELTER

Date: November 26, 2012 22:54

salty
They should have got Maggie Thatcher on to sing "sympathy for the devil".

Nah.

Bitch.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home