Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Too many guests?
Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:18

Special guests always ruin the pace of the show, and Mick's duets are painfully awkward.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:34

is dave stewart busy? or joss stone? ugh.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:55

hbwriter

oh now i suppose you're gonna say she's not a real stone or something

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:59

StonesTod
hbwriter

oh now i suppose you're gonna say she's not a real stone or something

Actually she isn't!

Classic.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:59

Rollin92
Mary J Blige and Jeff Beck confirmed by GRRRegory on twitter

I've had just about enough of GRRRegory and his monkeyshines!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:34

Susan "Wild Horses" Boyle, anyone?

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:41

Love in Vain featuring special guests Mick Taylor & Cathy lee Gifford.

Date: November 24, 2012 18:46

GravityBoy
I just saw in The Times more pictures of more guests appearing at the O2.

So far it's Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman... ok with me.. not really guests... but Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Mary J Blige (who?), Florence Welch (who?)...

I bet their are others.

They don't need this crap.

Might as well get One Direction on as well.

Oh come on! The more the merrier, as they say. How about Rihanna for the 15th?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:51

I've just been asked to guest on a song too! This is a fantastic opportunity. What should I wear...

Date: November 24, 2012 18:55

Lady Gaga and Bill Wyman will perform Little Indian Girl and Winning Ugly.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 24, 2012 18:57

Sorry but I don't see the point of Mary J. Blige or even Jeff Beck. Both of them are respected artist, but I would say in their own genre. Sure they can mix but in my opinion not in this case. We didn't pay big bucks to see anyone but The Stones. Furthermore, to be honest after thinking about Bill and Mick T who I really want to see very badly, I'm glad they'll only play a few songs. After all they may not fit in very well and it could turn awkward. I don't want this for anybody, band or fans. That's my two cents. In my opinion a proper guest would be someone like Chuck berry.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 24, 2012 19:01

The Stones have a lot to hide these days, and even more to distract us from...the more talented layers the better...

Date: November 24, 2012 19:25

what's a drag is - 90% of the crowd would probably go crazy for more guests - this is mainstream- not about the die hards - remember that when mick and mary j. are doing "State of shock" smiling smiley

Date: November 24, 2012 19:35

Monica lewinsky will guest to play tambourine on caulksucker blues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 19:35 by arthritis.

Date: November 24, 2012 19:40

hbwriter are you saying 90% of the people at this concert will have paid these high ticket prices to see a band they care about? While I shouldn't be judgemental I can't help think I would go 10% for someone I wasn't into. Maybe I should just lighten up and laugh out loud. After all I'm going to see The Stones anyway.

Date: November 24, 2012 19:50

frankotero
hbwriter are you saying 90% of the people at this concert will have paid these high ticket prices to see a band they care about? While I shouldn't be judgemental I can't help think I would go 10% for someone I wasn't into. Maybe I should just lighten up and laugh out loud. After all I'm going to see The Stones anyway.

I'm saying many dyed in the wool stones fans cannot afford the prices - and that yeah, many in the house will be thrilled by guests appearances because they want to see a spectacle as opposed to a classic stones show - just my opinion of course - that it will be a more upscale crowd less interested in the band than in simply being there - i'm sure the shows will be solid and that the crowds will eat it all up - i'd probably go if they were playing CA - but would i kill myself to travel cross country? no freaking way - anyways - have a blast, seriously - enjoy the show - here's hoping they don't water it down too much with other talent - this is the last hurrah after all - and if anyone nearby says "who's THAT" when either MT or BW appear - please punch them in the mouth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 19:51 by hbwriter.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2012 19:52

GravityBoy
Rollin92
Mary J Blige

I just don't get it.

Why is this woman a guest?

Probably because she's an excellent singer. Does the special guest list have to be limited to near geriatric white males?

Date: November 24, 2012 20:09

hbwriter
if anyone nearby says "who's THAT" when either MT or BW appear - please punch them in the mouth.

Ha-ha, I'm sure that will be my sentiment, but maybe I'll just give them a dirty look instead so I'm not thrown out.cool smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:22

I thought that this might be coming but now I feel disappointed. I want to see Stones, not a variety...

Date: November 24, 2012 20:31

"yo Jay Z in the hoouuuuussssseeee! yo what up y'all? what? what? what? what? i been hanging out so long, i been waiting on the phone oooooooooooooooooooohhhh! Snoop dawg in the housze! Yawl motherf-----s want to hear some bill wyman?"

(crowd goes crazy)

Date: November 24, 2012 20:33

frankotero
Sorry but I don't see the point of Mary J. Blige or even Jeff Beck. Both of them are respected artist, but I would say in their own genre. Sure they can mix but in my opinion not in this case. We didn't pay big bucks to see anyone but The Stones. Furthermore, to be honest after thinking about Bill and Mick T who I really want to see very badly, I'm glad they'll only play a few songs. After all they may not fit in very well and it could turn awkward. I don't want this for anybody, band or fans. That's my two cents. In my opinion a proper guest would be someone like Chuck berry.

In Beck's case - blues. Obviously no connection with the Stones there.eye rolling smiley. I mean, he even auditioned to be Mick Taylor's replacement for goodness sake.

As for Blige - What was that Keith said about the biggest tribute a musician can have on his tombstone would be 'he passed it on'.

I find it bizarre that Stones fans seem, by and large, to be of the opinion that the only guests they should ever have sharing their stage are 60's contemporaries or that the only black acts who should be anywhere near a Stones show should be septuagenarian or octogenarian blues musicians. Do fans really want the band to have no musical influence on anyone born after 1950?

Granted, there should be a line drawn in the sand in terms of pandering, but there are enough songs in the Stones' repertoire where a black woman with great pipes could fit in very nicely. One of which happens IMO to be the greatest song they ever recorded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 20:35 by Gazza.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:36

Gazza
frankotero

In Beck's case - blues. Obviously no connection with the Stones there.eye rolling smiley. I mean, he even auditioned to be Mick Taylor's replacement for goodness sake.

As for Blige - What was that Keith said about the biggest tribute a musician can have on his tombstone would be 'he passed it on'.

I find it bizarre that Stones fans seem, by and large, to be of the opinion that the only guests they should ever have sharing their stage are 60's contemporaries or that the only black acts who should be anywhere near a Stones show should be septuagenarian or octogenarian blues musicians.

Granted, there should be a line drawn in the sand in terms of pandering, but there are enough songs in the Stones' repertoire where a black woman with great pipes could fit in very nicely. One of which happens IMO to be the greatest song they ever recorded.

I find it bizarre how people love to make so many vast generalizations about so many things and paople and opinions.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: November 24, 2012 20:37

gotdablouse
Mary Blige announced on GS apparently, no Lisa after all?

But yes, the fewer the guests apart from MT, BW and I guess JB, the better!
noooooooooooooooooooooooo sad smiley

Date: November 24, 2012 20:37

hbwriter
frankotero

I'm saying many dyed in the wool stones fans cannot afford the prices - and that yeah, many in the house will be thrilled by guests appearances because they want to see a spectacle as opposed to a classic stones show - just my opinion of course - that it will be a more upscale crowd less interested in the band than in simply being there - i'm sure the shows will be solid and that the crowds will eat it all up - i'd probably go if they were playing CA - but would i kill myself to travel cross country? no freaking way - anyways - have a blast, seriously - enjoy the show - here's hoping they don't water it down too much with other talent - this is the last hurrah after all - and if anyone nearby says "who's THAT" when either MT or BW appear - please punch them in the mouth.

Consider me the board's 'designated hitter' if they do. I'm already practising my left hook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 20:37 by Gazza.

Date: November 24, 2012 20:39

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
frankotero

I find it bizarre that Stones fans seem, by and large, to be of the opinion that the only guests they should ever have sharing their stage are 60's contemporaries or that the only black acts who should be anywhere near a Stones show should be septuagenarian or octogenarian blues musicians.

I find it bizarre how people love to make so many vast generalizations about so many things and paople and opinions.

Me? I've read enough posts on these boards over the years to consider that to be a relatively fair assessment that I'm quite willing to stand by.

The shows are now even being effectively written off by some on here as a MOR or rapper bun fight with hardly any guest-free songs at all, which is hysterical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 20:41 by Gazza.

Date: November 24, 2012 20:41

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
frankotero

Me? I've read enough posts on these boards over the years to consider that to be a relatively fair assessment that I'm quite willing to stand by.

As if the people who post on these boards represent what all Stones fans (everywhere) seem to want, by and large?

Date: November 24, 2012 20:45

Not to mention how people in general just love to make vast generalizations about so many things and people and opinions.... not to make a vast generalization about what people do, or anything

Date: November 24, 2012 20:48

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
frankotero

As if the people who post on these boards represent what all Stones fans (everywhere) seem to want, by and large?

These people by and large make up most of the Stones fans that I'm familiar with.

I doubt most other Stones fans care that much to be honest.

Date: November 24, 2012 20:49

Max'sKansasCity
Not to mention how people in general just love to make vast generalizations about so many things and people and opinions.... not to make a vast generalization about what people do, or anything

Now you're just generalizing. Vastly. Or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 20:49 by Gazza.

Date: November 24, 2012 20:49

hbwriter
"yo Jay Z in the hoouuuuussssseeee! yo what up y'all? what? what? what? what? i been hanging out so long, i been waiting on the phone oooooooooooooooooooohhhh! Snoop dawg in the housze! Yawl motherf-----s want to hear some bill wyman?"

(crowd goes crazy)

I got a good laugh out of snoop dog saying "yall mother######s wanna hear some bill wyman."grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home