Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
$831.90
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:11

Could that be the most expensive face value seat in history for anyone? On ticketmaster right now - BACK OF THE FLOOR - with the option to buy an $863.00 brussles package that is not even signed.

Re: $831.90
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:14

Ladies and Gentlemen...

hot smiley The Rolling Stones hot smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:16

Getting a few of those HB? smiling smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: November 22, 2012 02:16

I was just curious - how sad is it that those shows will most likely not even sell out? you can search - LOTS of seats remain - obstructed view seats for over $200? unbelievable.Look, I know I'm late to this party - but i love this -

GOLD VIP PACKAGE:
- One premium reserved PL1 ticket (floor center rows 6-10)
- VIP entrance
- Pre-show buffet dinner - specially selected menu, bar (wine, beer, beverages), wait staff service
- Exclusive merchandise item
- Official tour program
- Collectible laminate
- Onsite event management staff

ONSITE MANAGEMENT STAFF - WOW - if the purchaser weren't already getting f--cked i'd make a hooker joke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 02:19 by hbwriter.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:19

They are a corporation, not a band.

$€£$€£$€£$€£$€£$€£$€£$€£$€£$

Date: November 22, 2012 02:20

hbwriter
I was just curious - how sad is it that those shows will most likely not even sell out? you can search - LOTS of seats remain - obstructed view seats for over $200? unbelievable.Look, I know I'm late to this party - but i love this -

GOLD VIP PACKAGE:
- One premium reserved PL1 ticket (floor center rows 6-10)
- VIP entrance
- Pre-show buffet dinner - specially selected menu, bar (wine, beer, beverages), wait staff service
- Exclusive merchandise item
- Official tour program
- Collectible laminate
- Onsite event management staff

ONSITE MANAGEMENT STAFF - WOW - if the purchaser weren't already getting f--cked i'd make a hooker joke

Greed my friend that's all...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:23

hbwriter
Could that be the most expensive face value seat in history for anyone?

No. Streisand's charged more. Not much more, though.

Date: November 22, 2012 02:24

what really sucks is - no show can be that good - if you drop 2.5 K on the "gold" package - sorry - it just ain't possible. i smell a debacle.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:24

we are so proud to call ourselves fans of the band. we are, right?

Date: November 22, 2012 02:26

I'm a fan of everything up until now. Price gouging is price gouging - no matter what it is - and this flat out sucks. and FYI - family and friends still pay face value - confirmed to me today - and yeah - family and friends are pissed, too

Date: November 22, 2012 02:28

But Chris, think about it man,you could have a Pre-show buffet dinner - specially selected menu, bar (wine, beer, beverages), wait staff service,and then you could rock out,its perfect...winking smiley

Date: November 22, 2012 02:29

my family and friends would be too...if i had any

Date: November 22, 2012 02:31

ROPENI
But Chris, think about it man,you could have a Pre-show buffet dinner - specially selected menu, bar (wine, beer, beverages), wait staff service,and then you could rock out,its perfect...winking smiley

ALSO- that tongue stage? makes the floor seats TWICE as far back as usual - even the front section is a huge distance away -

Date: November 22, 2012 02:31

HB, l guess there goes my invitation from you know who...drinking smiley

Date: November 22, 2012 02:32

hbwriter
ROPENI

ALSO- that tongue stage? makes the floor seats TWICE as far back as usual - even the front section is a huge distance away -

you know...it's like they really ARE sticking their collective tongue out at the fans. didn't occur to me until now...

Date: November 22, 2012 02:34

StonesTod
hbwriter
ROPENI

you know...it's like they really ARE sticking their collective tongue out at the fans. didn't occur to me until now...

good point - wonder which package wyman and taylor purchased for their tickets?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:38

They spent millions on the rehearsals, the stage and Keith's hat.

And they are only getting $16 out of it.

You people need to wake up and smell the coffee that they have to drink.

They gotta live.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:40

hbwriter
StonesTod
hbwriter
ROPENI

But I thought these tickets were so outrageously high because of the allure of the classic special guests--you mean they're 400% higher just for the heck of it?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:47

hbwriter
StonesTod
hbwriter
ROPENI

you're BAD!tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:47

Back in 2005, I paid $450 to see the Stones at Madison Square Garden in NYC.
A ton of money, right?

I felt uncomfortable buying the tickets at the time, but I met one of my best friends who also lived out of town for a special, 40th birthday kind of trip.

The seat was in the 9th row, right on the walkway to the B Stage. Dead center.
I watched as the Stones walked right by me, and turned and followed them to the B Stage, ending up right on the rail. I was so close, that Keith could actually hear me call him over and he staggered right up and crouched down to my level. Truly spectacular positioning.

Mick, when he chose to use the walkway, was singing right next to me.

Oh, and I met the one and only BV on that trip too!
Unbelievable stuff.

But, let's bring this back to today...

On this mini tour, I don't see any seat that looks anything close to similar.
And the prices are almost double.

The last time I checked, inflation hadn't risen 100% in the last seven years.

No way to justify these prices.
Seriously, $ 831.90 to sit in the back of the arena? More power to the people who are buying these.
I can't do it.
I won't do it.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:53

you know.....some of the questions asked at the shoot for the pre-concert fan video were peculiar....
the wording of them felt a li'l awkward, like maybe they'd been translated into English from another
language confused smiley....and therefore a bit challenging to answer.

One question went something like: "What have the Stones ever done that caused you disappointment?"

That was a total head scratcher. I may have said something facetious like "They didn't come to my last birthday
party" -- but now I think perhaps someone was fishing for responses regarding the tkt prices. I wish I'd thought
to say that.

- swiss

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 22, 2012 03:04

Honestly this is just plain sad. I am not angry or surprised, just disappointed in them. My wife and I got married 3 years ago and she has heard every story I can remember about my concert attending/bootlegging. All the awesome folks I met, fun performances... And she has always said "Whenever they go on tour, you HAVE to take me". This pricing has pushed me far away from these concerts.

In 2013 if they keep this pricing it wont matter one bit where they play. They could play a few blocks from my house but I can't afford it. Never thought my favorite band would alienate me so much.

Date: November 22, 2012 03:34

ROPENI

SHE probably has to buy tix, too!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 22, 2012 03:38

flacnvinyl
Honestly this is just plain sad. I am not angry or surprised, just disappointed in them. My wife and I got married 3 years ago and she has heard every story I can remember about my concert attending/bootlegging. All the awesome folks I met, fun performances... And she has always said "Whenever they go on tour, you HAVE to take me". This pricing has pushed me far away from these concerts.

In 2013 if they keep this pricing it wont matter one bit where they play. They could play a few blocks from my house but I can't afford it. Never thought my favorite band would alienate me so much.

I feel the same way. I have largely stayed away from complaints about this, mainly because it is irrelevant to me as I couldn't afford it by a longshot anyway. But reading about this pisses me off. Sure, I am thrilled they're back in any capacity, but this is ridiculous. Elaborate stage or no, they're rich enough. This (presumably) final go round would be a fine opportunity to say thanks to the fans (us) who have helped to keep their legend alive for so long. Instead, we get bloodsucking ticket prices, limited venues (I can't afford to fly to New York anyway, but maybe I could have made it work had the seating been decently priced), all to celebrate a "50th anniversary" with a ho-hum compilation, insanely-priced concert tickets for a handful of shows - all after years of total inactivity. I've said it before and will again - they should have called it a day with the Licks tour. A great tour, with high but at least affordable prices, and a generous selection of songs many of us never thought we would hear. Instead, every time that Mick's latest attempt at becoming a solo star craps out, we get increasingly overpriced tours that alienate the core fanbase of people like the IORRn's that post here daily, even during those long periods of inactivity.

Sorry for the long rant, I suppose I just finally had to vent. Stones, we still love you and you're still the favorite band to most of us on here - you have a chance to make it up to us next year. Make it easier on the people who would love to say "I am so glad I got to see my favorite band again" instead of those with huge bank accounts who are simply content to say "yeah, I saw the Stones, it was really cool. They even played 'Satisfaction'!"

Date: November 22, 2012 03:41

theimposter
flacnvinyl

I feel the same way. I have largely stayed away from complaints about this, mainly because it is irrelevant to me as I couldn't afford it by a longshot anyway. But reading about this pisses me off. Sure, I am thrilled they're back in any capacity, but this is ridiculous. Elaborate stage or no, they're rich enough. This (presumably) final go round would be a fine opportunity to say thanks to the fans (us) who have helped to keep their legend alive for so long. Instead, we get bloodsucking ticket prices, limited venues (I can't afford to fly to New York anyway, but maybe I could have made it work had the seating been decently priced), all to celebrate a "50th anniversary" with a ho-hum compilation, insanely-priced concert tickets for a handful of shows - all after years of total inactivity. I've said it before and will again - they should have called it a day with the Licks tour. A great tour, with high but at least affordable prices, and a generous selection of songs many of us never thought we would hear. Instead, every time that Mick's latest attempt at becoming a solo star craps out, we get increasingly overpriced tours that alienate the core fanbase of people like the IORRn's that post here daily, even during those long periods of inactivity.

Sorry for the long rant, I suppose I just finally had to vent. Stones, we still love you and you're still the favorite band to most of us on here - you have a chance to make it up to us next year. Make it easier on the people who would love to say "I am so glad I got to see my favorite band again" instead of those with huge bank accounts who are simply content to say "yeah, I saw the Stones, it was really cool. They even played 'Satisfaction'!"

solid comment.

Date: November 22, 2012 03:45

hbwriter
ROPENI

SHE probably has to buy tix, too!
Probably, l will let you know..winking smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 03:46

I am reminded of the glorious song c o c k s u c k e r Blues..." where can I get my ass....?" Buy one of those tickets and you have found where you can get your ass rooted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 03:47 by whitem8.

Date: November 22, 2012 03:48

whitem8
I am reminded of the glorious song c o c k s u c k e r Blues..." where can I get my ass....?" Buy one of those tickets and you have found where you can get your ass rooted.
thumbs up

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: November 22, 2012 04:02

theimposter
Stones, we still love you and you're still the favorite band to most of us on here - you have a chance to make it up to us next year. Make it easier on the people who would love to say "I am so glad I got to see my favorite band again"

sheesh, just what does it take to kill off zombies these days ?

you charge em 831.90, you rip them off and insult them continuously, and they
just keep coming.

mick even put them in the doom and gloom vid, at the end, where there's a
quick shot of the zombies who, instead of trying to eat people, are boogying to
the stones, and probably cheering for taylor and wyman. at the 3:45 mark.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 22, 2012 04:45

Beyond ridiculous. They're in another world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 04:51 by ryanpow.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home