Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: $831.90
Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: November 23, 2012 19:49

Mathijs
steverogan
Mathijs
steverogan
stayed in Amsterdam 5 nights at the Amstel Hotel
Cheers!

If you'd stay at the Park Hotel one block away you'd saved yourselve 4 tickets front row both nights.

It really is up to you.

Mathijs

I am not going to get into bickering back and forth, but how would you know? You have no idea what i paid for the Amstel Continental, when I stayed there, and comparable rates for the hotel you mention. Have fun at your show.. But please try not to be so preumputuous you know my expenses for a vacation i took. Once again the value of my vacation, i think, far far exceeds a 120 minute show for $2,5000 package that would get me one ticket in rows 6-10 here in US.
CHeers, have fun, enjoy yourself. We all make choices. Mine is righ tfor me, yours is right for you. Peace.

As I live in Amsterdam, and have lived in Amsterdam for 15 years, and as I stay in about 40 hotels a year, I quite know the current prices of most hotels.

Mathijs

The key word in your post, mr mathjis, is "current"---- as i mentioned you do not know when I stayed in amsterdam ... please read my full post...I will say this. i envy anyone living in amsterdam. it is a beautiful city, with great architecture, art,people, etc. I loved it there.. it seems to be an expensive place in which to live, but is, to me, (a citizen of NYC) a great city...can we stop the pissing match? I wish you a great experience at your show(s)... have done on a couple of replies... please READ my full reply. You have no idea who I am, how I plan a vacation, what my expenses are. Can't we just agree that we choose to perceive "value" in different terms? btw- what is going on with the marijuana laws there? Are "foreigners" banned from coffeshops in 2013?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 23, 2012 22:31

steverogan
Mathijs
steverogan
Mathijs
steverogan
Cheers!

If you'd stay at the Park Hotel one block away you'd saved yourselve 4 tickets front row both nights.

It really is up to you.

Mathijs

I am not going to get into bickering back and forth, but how would you know? You have no idea what i paid for the Amstel Continental, when I stayed there, and comparable rates for the hotel you mention. Have fun at your show.. But please try not to be so preumputuous you know my expenses for a vacation i took. Once again the value of my vacation, i think, far far exceeds a 120 minute show for $2,5000 package that would get me one ticket in rows 6-10 here in US.
CHeers, have fun, enjoy yourself. We all make choices. Mine is righ tfor me, yours is right for you. Peace.

As I live in Amsterdam, and have lived in Amsterdam for 15 years, and as I stay in about 40 hotels a year, I quite know the current prices of most hotels.

Mathijs

The key word in your post, mr mathjis, is "current"---- as i mentioned you do not know when I stayed in amsterdam ... please read my full post...I will say this. i envy anyone living in amsterdam. it is a beautiful city, with great architecture, art,people, etc. I loved it there.. it seems to be an expensive place in which to live, but is, to me, (a citizen of NYC) a great city...can we stop the pissing match? I wish you a great experience at your show(s)... have done on a couple of replies... please READ my full reply. You have no idea who I am, how I plan a vacation, what my expenses are. Can't we just agree that we choose to perceive "value" in different terms? btw- what is going on with the marijuana laws there? Are "foreigners" banned from coffeshops in 2013?

It's not bickering, I just don't agree with your maths. An average ticket for the London shows is 250 pounds, which is about the same amount as a single bed for one night in the Amstel Hotel (cheapest and most simple room). And the price of this hotel has come down considerably since the 90's, before that it really was only for the rich, famous and royalty.

As we have a new government since 3 weeks or so, all laws concerning coffee shops have been withdrawm basically. There's no need for a pass anymore, so foreigners can still buy weed, except maybe in the South, where local authorities might hold on to the pass.

Mathijs

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 23:34

I would be quite worried to go to the first night in either London or NYC. The sound at the beginning of almost every tour is a mess, and I can easily imagine that the first night may not sound all that great until half way thru the show, even though the band may actually be well-rehearsed.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 24, 2012 04:32

they'll probably do full tech shows in each place as rehearsals - a lot riding on all this

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: November 24, 2012 16:56

Mathijs
steverogan
Mathijs
steverogan
Mathijs
steverogan
Cheers!

It really is up to you.

Mathijs

Mathijs

It's not bickering, I just don't agree with your maths. An average ticket for the London shows is 250 pounds, which is about the same amount as a single bed for one night in the Amstel Hotel (cheapest and most simple room). And the price of this hotel has come down considerably since the 90's, before that it really was only for the rich, famous and royalty.

As we have a new government since 3 weeks or so, all laws concerning coffee shops have been withdrawm basically. There's no need for a pass anymore, so foreigners can still buy weed, except maybe in the South, where local authorities might hold on to the pass.

Mathijs

I appreciate the update on the govt laws on coffesshops. My expenses, as i represented them, are accurate and honest..i got a percevied value for 5 nights in amsterdam and you'll get the same for your show.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:38

a good show? hell yeah. worth this amount of money? in my opinion, not even close. i don't care how old they are - that should not factor into price - charging what they are, for that show, i'm sorry, seems more outrageous than ever to me - i think it is bigger bang part three with a few cool bonus tracks and special guests - that said - i love how much fun the attendees had and wish all attendees exceptional nights and shows

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home