Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Does Mick Still Have The Fire?
Date: November 20, 2012 03:39

arthritis
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule
O'LANTERN, have you ever seen Mick Jagger and the Stones in concert?
Where and when?

Please don't mis-understand me here. I think the world of Mick. He is a real pro, but sometimes pros have a way of concealing their boredom. Mick is the greatest front man ever. Nobody comes close. However, I noticed on the last tour just a slight look of boredom and fatigue in his eyes at times. As if he was just going through the motions. Nothing real blatant, And you certainly didn't notice it at Rio. Seems like when the camera is rolling he finds a way to come through. It could be that as he has gotten older he is having to concentrate more and maybe that is what I am seeing. There was a certain spark in his eyes that seems to be missing since Licks. He still is able to "bring it" but his energy levels are definitely beginning to decline, if ever so slightly. It's OK though the man is human after all.

I don't know how the man does it, frankly. You could give me all the money in the world, and after i sang honky tonk woman 15 times i'd want to douse myself with gasoline and run into a campfire.

Very good point. All the more reason to dump the warhorses and go with more rarities this time around the block.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:57

JumpinJackOLantern
arthritis
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule
Where and when?

Please don't mis-understand me here. I think the world of Mick. He is a real pro, but sometimes pros have a way of concealing their boredom. Mick is the greatest front man ever. Nobody comes close. However, I noticed on the last tour just a slight look of boredom and fatigue in his eyes at times. As if he was just going through the motions. Nothing real blatant, And you certainly didn't notice it at Rio. Seems like when the camera is rolling he finds a way to come through. It could be that as he has gotten older he is having to concentrate more and maybe that is what I am seeing. There was a certain spark in his eyes that seems to be missing since Licks. He still is able to "bring it" but his energy levels are definitely beginning to decline, if ever so slightly. It's OK though the man is human after all.

I don't know how the man does it, frankly. You could give me all the money in the world, and after i sang honky tonk woman 15 times i'd want to douse myself with gasoline and run into a campfire.

Very good point. All the more reason to dump the warhorses and go with more rarities this time around the block.

I seriously wonder what kind of people would actually be driving home from the stones concert angry that they didn't hear "honky tonk woman" for the 370th time in their life? I'm sure people like that exist, but catering everything to please the lowest common denominator is why this world is as screwed up as it is. I can see that carload of people now. Lamenting that they didn't hear honky tonk woman and asking if that song about blue turns to gray was a new one.

Date: November 20, 2012 05:03

arthritis
JumpinJackOLantern
arthritis
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule
Where and when?

I seriously wonder what kind of people would actually be driving home from the stones concert angry that they didn't hear "honky tonk woman" for the 370th time in their life? I'm sure people like that exist, but catering everything to please the lowest common denominator is why this world is as screwed up as it is. I can see that carload of people now. Lamenting that they didn't hear honky tonk woman and asking if that song about blue turns to gray was a new one.

I know one thing: If I hear HTW one more time I am going to heave!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 18:30 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: November 20, 2012 05:06

backstreetboy1
did you see him on snl,you tell me.and as far as him slowing down on abb tour what were you watching.you tube midnight rambler from saitama 2006.

I can't put a finger on it. Maybe if he smiled more this time around? I see a real joy in Keith's eyes that I don't see in Mick's anymore.

Posted by: groopie ()
Date: November 20, 2012 05:45

for me Mick is not 69 but rather 3x23 yeah that,s the way to count down those years you bunch of simple mortals ...

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 20, 2012 05:48

Joy gone from mick's eyes! I'm not sure if i could identify how that would manifest itself visually but i'll be looking for it now.grinning smiley. Maybe he should cover "thrill is gone" on this tour if that's the case.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 20, 2012 06:06

....or get some vibrating underwear ...
The girls I know that wear 'em don't stop grinnin'....!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Loose ()
Date: November 20, 2012 09:07

This is the real question... Jagger is the one on most dangerous ground. Nobody can cover for him. For me it is what I fear the most. Not Keith or Ronnie messing up... but Jagger who suddenly on stage looks like an old man going through the motions. Hasn't happened yet... and I think he is bright enough and self-aware enough not to push it that one last time that is one time too many. Certainly hope so it would be the ultimately depressing sight.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 09:13

Loose
This is the real question... Jagger is the one on most dangerous ground. Nobody can cover for him. For me it is what I fear the most. Not Keith or Ronnie messing up... but Jagger who suddenly on stage looks like an old man going through the motions. Hasn't happened yet... and I think he is bright enough and self-aware enough not to push it that one last time that is one time too many. Certainly hope so it would be the ultimately depressing sight.

That's a good point. I believe he does have heredity on his side, and he's kept himself in remarkable shape. It's not like he's 80 yet.

He'll be fine this tour I think, and it will probably be the last one with the band. I can't imagine Keith or Charlie would ever be able to do another Rolling Stones tour.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 20, 2012 10:19

What would you like to question? Coming into age you loose bright eyes anyway and you loose sight. The sparkling fades, the energy and endurance for a two hour show is much harder to keep up.

I remember at the Circus in Stockholm when Mick delivered everything I mean his whole body you actually saw him getting 15 years older in less then two hours. I remember that Ronnie gave him a wave to do another encore, but boy Mick was absolutely burned and nodded no.
9 years later they have to economize their strength and I am sure it will be again a good show they are presenting, surely different, but good!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 20, 2012 10:54

Mick taylor sure does yeah
jeroen

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:41

If there's one Stone I'm not worried about having lost anything, it's Mick Jagger. He sure rocked out on SNL, and from the brief clips I've seen of the recent Stones club shows, he looks as energetic as ever. He lost something on the ABB Tour? I'm sorry you didn't get to see the two shows I did. He rocked like a maniac.

Date: November 20, 2012 12:45

<Re: Does Mick Still Have The Fire?>

I don't even understand the question grinning smiley

Seriously, we have read the reports from the Trabendo as well as from the rehearsals. Why doubt them? The band is in great shape (quote Bjørnulf), and we're all in for some fantastic shows very soon thumbs up

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 20, 2012 13:37

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances. You know perfectly well how old they are and what their likely impediments are. It is not 1972, either for you or for them. If you don't think 40 years of living, learning and suffering have added anything to their performance, as well as taken away, then you really shouldn't waste your time or money going to see them. It's that simple.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 20, 2012 14:50

Bliss
Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances. You know perfectly well how old they are and what their likely impediments are. It is not 1972, either for you or for them. If you don't think 40 years of living, learning and suffering have added anything to their performance, as well as taken away, then you really shouldn't waste your time or money going to see them. It's that simple.

Very well said, Bliss

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 20, 2012 16:12

proudmary
Bliss

Very well said, Bliss

That is why I finally decided to keep my ticket for the show. Yes, they are expected to tour next year and probably will. But they are old and who knows what may happen. I don't expect them to perform the way they would have 40 years ago, but then, as you put it Bliss, I'm not a kid anymore either. It's sad to think all our idols from youth are leaving this earth, so I want to just go and enjoy them for what they are now.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: November 20, 2012 16:25

I cant believe what I'm reading here Naturolust... Mick standing still singing perfectly... ha.. why bother going to a live show, just stay home and listen to the record which has been recorded perfectly... and a live show is much more than just a perfect record... even if Mick is past his best at 70 (and who isn't?) he is still a million times better than any other frontman on the planet...!!!

"till the next time..."

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 20, 2012 16:49

Mick... for sure.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:08

I can't type as quick as I once could.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 20, 2012 18:16

Yes. Can't you feel it?

Date: November 20, 2012 18:36

groopie
for me Mick is not 69 but rather 3x23 yeah that,s the way to count down those years you bunch of simple mortals ...

Mick is the ultimate trooper, but unfortunately he is mortal like the rest of us.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 18:49

If there's one Stone who still has the fire it must be Jagger.

Date: November 20, 2012 18:58

Loose

I agree. A good man knows his limitations. Personally, I would like to see him not move around so much. I did like the energy he put into Some Girls at the Beacon for 'Shine A Light'. His eyes were "alive" that night for sure. Maybe it was those girls down front that brought the "twinkle" back into his eyes?

Date: November 20, 2012 19:13

treaclefingers
Loose

That's a good point. I believe he does have heredity on his side, and he's kept himself in remarkable shape. It's not like he's 80 yet.

He'll be fine this tour I think, and it will probably be the last one with the band. I can't imagine Keith or Charlie would ever be able to do another Rolling Stones tour.

No doubt he has the genes for longevity and he keeps himself in remarkable shape - he has to. He will never disappoint, I guess I am just noting that even Mick has to answer to Father Time. What I am seeing is very subtle.

Date: November 20, 2012 19:18

DandelionPowderman
<Re: Does Mick Still Have The Fire?>

I don't even understand the question grinning smiley

Seriously, we have read the reports from the Trabendo as well as from the rehearsals. Why doubt them? The band is in great shape (quote Bjørnulf), and we're all in for some fantastic shows very soon thumbs up

I have no doubt they are ready. Would love to see Mick have that same look in his eyes that he had ten years ago at MSG for the HBO concert. His eyes were on fire that night!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 20, 2012 19:19

Unless they've found a cure for herpes I'd say yestongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 20, 2012 19:20

VT22
If there's one Stone who still has the fire it must be Jagger.

The eyes are the window to a man's soul, or something like that.

Date: November 20, 2012 19:22

Grison
What would you like to question? Coming into age you loose bright eyes anyway and you loose sight. The sparkling fades, the energy and endurance for a two hour show is much harder to keep up.

I remember at the Circus in Stockholm when Mick delivered everything I mean his whole body you actually saw him getting 15 years older in less then two hours. I remember that Ronnie gave him a wave to do another encore, but boy Mick was absolutely burned and nodded no.
9 years later they have to economize their strength and I am sure it will be again a good show they are presenting, surely different, but good!

Excellent comments.

Date: November 20, 2012 19:23

proudmary
Bliss

Very well said, Bliss

I agree.

Date: November 20, 2012 19:51

andrewt
Unless they've found a cure for herpes I'd say yestongue sticking out smiley

Ouch!smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1436
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home