Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What To Do...About Dec 8
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:41

I was hoping to hear from fans who already have tickets for the Barclay Center show on Dec 8, or those trying to score tickets. A friend has been twisting my arm to go with her and I have said I won't be paying $800 for a nose bleed seat...what are my options? Are the seats that are upper level worth buying? Can you SEE anything from there? Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: What To Do...About Dec 8
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:50

IMO, anyone who pays even half that for a nosebleed in an arena for any artist has more money than sense - and taste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 21:52 by Gazza.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:15

It's a real problem for the die hard fan. Either pay the $800 + for a decent ticket or go with the $500.00 to be in the building. Some of the 200 level tickets are not bad if you are in one of the side sections by the stage(certainly not worth the money) but the view will be pretty good and you will have a great time.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:23

gather ye rosebuds while ye may, I usually say. but $800? I think on principle alone I stay home. Pay $50 to see a different show and give $750 to a charity.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:43

The PPV will be OK, but there is nothing like being IN the building. I realize that at these prices many(most) will not pay it but you cannot capture The Stones on video.

Date: November 19, 2012 22:52

Gazza
IMO, anyone who pays even half that for a nosebleed in an arena for any artist has more money than sense - and taste.

It's all relative. "Mick's crowd" doesn't bat an eyelid at these prices. The amount they spend on clothing for the show will far exceed the price of their tickets. Great to be wealthy isn't it?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:28

Mr. O'Lantern, what venues and dates do you base your comment on?
"Mick's crowd"? Explain with examples.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:30

Gazza

But this is the Rolling Stones we're talking about, baby!

Having said that, I don't have that kind of dough either. I shall stay home and remember Jim Morrison (Dec. 8 would have been his 69th birthday)

Date: November 19, 2012 23:43

stonesrule
Mr. O'Lantern, what venues and dates do you base your comment on?
"Mick's crowd"? Explain with examples.

Just a general statement that the wealthy never quibble over the cost of tickets. There are only so many tickets for these five shows so you can bet that some of the wealthy crowd may end up in the "nosebleeds" this time around and be more than willing to pay the cost without any hesitation.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:55

I agree with you, Gazza, that's why I just may be staying home, watching the show on the 15th at home, PFV. Thanks for all of your comments! It still breaks my heart that I haven't already bought my ticket, booked my hotel etc...to NOT go to a Stones show is MURDER!

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:10

Well I am not staying home. And I don't want to stand before the Lord on judgment day after being asked what my biggest mistake in life was ><><>><<

Well God I was the cheap mother fkkr who stayed at home during the Stones last days.

That being said I still think the best approach to the Brooklyn show is to work the outside of the venue the day of the show.

Already have my 12/15 tickets. But that's my opinion.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:24

mickschix, no one can tell you what to do but I doubt you would be very happy in a nose bleed seat for over $500. There is lots of good entertainment out there for that price that includes the hotel and a nice meal.

That being said, who knows what can happen at a RS show? Maybe you will be magically selected from the crowd and given Pit tickets. Maybe a T-Shirt stating "I am mickschix" would help, and don't forget the fun just hanging with the crowd and checking out the merch. Money is important but you can't take it with ya when you go, sometimes you just gotta order the Dom Perion, you only live once. peace

Date: November 20, 2012 00:38

GADAWG
Well I am not staying home. And I don't want to stand before the Lord on judgment day after being asked what my biggest mistake in life was ><><>><<

Well God I was the cheap mother fkkr who stayed at home during the Stones last days.

That being said I still think the best approach to the Brooklyn show is to work the outside of the venue the day of the show.

Your definition of being 'cheap' is most sensible people's definition of not being desperate or dumb enough to see a rip off a mile away.

Saying that, I hope you and everyone else who are going have a great time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 00:39 by Gazza.

Date: November 20, 2012 00:42

JumpinJackOLantern
Gazza

It's all relative. "Mick's crowd" doesn't bat an eyelid at these prices. The amount they spend on clothing for the show will far exceed the price of their tickets. Great to be wealthy isn't it?

It is, but it's not necessarily a wealth-related issue. I could afford the tickets. I just don't think they're worth it. I've seen them almost 50 times for a lot less and its not as if the shows are suddenly going to be so much better that it justifies such a severe price hike.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:42

Save your money and just do the PPV.

You can even treat yourself to a couple of Super Deluxe Box sets while you're at it.

Charlie is My Darling and maybe even GRRR! and you'll still have lot's of money to spare for Christmas presents.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:44

Gazza
GADAWG

Your definition of being 'cheap' is most sensible people's definition of not being desperate or dumb enough to see a rip off a mile away.

Thank you Gazza

I am honored a person of your stature responded to a little southern bigot like myself. Don't think stupid describes my purchase so far @ $400 below face on E-bay. but I will defer to the more enlightened on this site.

See you in the Big Apple

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:49

Send It To me
gather ye rosebuds while ye may, I usually say. but $800? I think on principle alone I stay home. Pay $50 to see a different show and give $750 to a charity.

There we go...that is a generous idea. I'd have been thrilled to pay $800 if that's how they distributed the revenue.

A beautiful way to end their reign.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:04

Claire_M
Gazza

Having said that, I don't have that kind of dough either. I shall stay home and remember Jim Morrison (Dec. 8 would have been his 69th birthday)

Claire - Don't forget to remember that other famous person no longer with us on Dec. 8

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:04

Hey - If Taylor/Wyman are only making an appearance in London, count me out
on the PPV in the US...

MLC

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:08

mickschix
I agree with you, Gazza, that's why I just may be staying home, watching the show on the 15th at home, PFV. Thanks for all of your comments! It still breaks my heart that I haven't already bought my ticket, booked my hotel etc...to NOT go to a Stones show is MURDER!

I also agree. Wait to they get to Boston to see them sometime in the near future. These 5 shows are not their farewell to us.

Date: November 20, 2012 01:12

GADAWG
Gazza
GADAWG

Thank you Gazza

I am honored a person of your stature responded to a little southern bigot like myself. Don't think stupid describes my purchase so far @ $400 below face on E-bay. but I will defer to the more enlightened on this site.

See you in the Big Apple

You wont but congratulations on getting so far below face (which you didnt mention) THAT is a good bargain indeed. I sincerely wish you a great night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 01:16 by Gazza.

Date: November 20, 2012 01:14

MCDDTLC
on the PPV in the US...

MLC

Nothing to keep MT from appearing at the USA shows. Taylor/Wyman is certainly not a single entity. I would also love to see Wyman shock everyone and show up for the East coast USA shows, stranger things have happened. They've got some pretty fast boats crossing the Atlantic these days. peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:35

I think posters can offer their opinion without making moral judgements on how people choose to spend or not spend their money. I'm going to the Dec. 15th show. I will admit I was pretty freaked out when I first bought the ticket because of the cost of the show (got a seat on the lower level for $813) and the cost of traveling up there from DC. Now that I've worked it out, I've decided to relax and enjoy the weekend. At a certain point you just have to make a decision and then put it behind you. Good luck with whatever you decide Mickschix. If you go, I'm sure you'll have a good time, if not, then there's always the ppv and all the goodies the Stones have put out this year, and the very good chance that they will tour in 2013.

Date: November 20, 2012 01:37

Naturalust
MCDDTLC
on the PPV in the US...

MLC

Nothing to keep MT from appearing at the USA shows. Taylor/Wyman is certainly not a single entity. I would also love to see Wyman shock everyone and show up for the East coast USA shows, stranger things have happened. They've got some pretty fast boats crossing the Atlantic these days. peace

There is. He's playing in Spain on December 15th. In fact the show was rescheduled FOR that date just a week or two ago. of course thats not to say he couldnt play at the other two, but I think most people would imagine the Newark show(s) are more likely to feature guest performers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 01:38 by Gazza.

Date: November 20, 2012 01:48

Claire_M
Gazza

I know, Claire, but I've seen the Rolling Stones for a lot less money even on their last tour (and the shows were overpriced even then) and the fact that they havent played together in five years, some of them have been barely active in that time, haven't been in the best of health and are all around 70 years of age doesn't really suggest to me that even a ticket in the same price range as before (with an adjustment for inflation) would be of a similar standard.

Each to their own, but it's a lot to ask of anyone to deliver such a brilliant gig under the circumstances that it would justify anything like what they're asking for a ticket. And the 'but its the Stones' argument doesnt hold up for me - we're being asked to pay to see and hear a band perform live, not see a museum exhibit. And for that kind of dough I could see a LOT of very good live music. In a way I'm kinda lucky that I'm at a stage where whilst I'd LIKE to see the Stones again, I don't feel that I NEED to. For other fans whose compulsion or need is greater, its clearly a bigger dilemma.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:15

Just score some tickets and go.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:43

What to do yeah, i really don't know What to do. Ok my attempted humor sucks

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 20, 2012 07:18

2000 LYFH
mickschix

I also agree. Wait to they get to Boston to see them sometime in the near future. These 5 shows are not their farewell to us.

No, these 5 shows are not their farewell, and they are not so special in and of themselves to justify a 400% hike in ticket prices over their last live performance 5 years ago. What I want to know is what makes people think that after they get done playing this handful of $800 shows that tickets are suddenly going to be affordable again when they do their next batch of shows? That's all it is this time out, shows by the handful in arenas, nothing long term to be announced so that demand is created around a couple of metropolitan areas at a time. Watch as the first shows for 2013 are announced, and see the pattern at work. The latest rumor is the Madison Square Garden in January 2013. Don't expect $50 tickets for that one either....

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 20, 2012 07:42

mickschix

Don't let the Stones push you around, mickschix.

You'll feel better about yourself if you stay home and save your money, rather than blowing over a thousand on a couple hours of entertainment, even if it is the Stones.

Date: November 20, 2012 18:41

Gazza
Naturalust
MCDDTLC
on the PPV in the US...

MLC

There is. He's playing in Spain on December 15th. In fact the show was rescheduled FOR that date just a week or two ago. of course thats not to say he couldnt play at the other two, but I think most people would imagine the Newark show(s) are more likely to feature guest performers.

Not so sure about that, I'm hoping to see MT in fine form, practiced for some real contribution (not just 12 bar blues jam) to the Stones set in Brooklyn. But I am indeed feeling a bit foolish for spending as much time and cash to make the show. If I had seen 49 shows like you I would be glad to stay home for this one but I have a feeling this may be the last time. I think Charlie will be the one to say enough after these shows or possibly after a brief 2013 tour. peace

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home