Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Going as Gregory to the London gigs
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 17, 2012 23:05

Sitting listening to the Sex Pistol's remastered Never Mind The Bollocks this evening, I had the rather off-the-wall idea of going to one of the London shows with proper Gregory face make-up, but don't know any professional make-up artists and don't wanna spends a fortune on it. Can anyone in London help out?

And.. I am serious.

Cheers,
SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 23:21 by SonicDreamer.

Re: Going as Gregory to the London gigs
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2012 23:28

SonicDreamer
Sitting listening to the Sex Pistol's remastered Never Mind The Bollocks this evening, I had the rather off-the-wall idea of going to one of the London shows with proper Gregory face make-up, but don't know any professional make-up artists and don't wanna spends a fortune on it. Can anyone in London help out?

And.. I am serious.

Cheers,
SonicD

Have you been on the fizz ce soir ? I'm gonna have serious words with you the next time I see you ........... !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 18, 2012 13:50

Ha ha ha, as you well know Pauly, I never touch alcohol so that excuse is gone. At first I loathed that gorilla image, but as I was the first person on IORR to suggest the name Gregory and this ended up being his name, I feel kinda connected to the beast. Besides it could be fun just to see peoples' reactions, ya know stir things up a bit.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: November 18, 2012 14:08

Which block are you in did you say ? I think it's only fair you post a major f***ing hazard alert for that immediate vicinity !!

Date: November 18, 2012 14:12

Ha ha ha, well I have my limits, I'm not gonna wear a gorilla suit...

Date: November 18, 2012 14:17

SonicDreamer
Ha ha ha, well I have my limits, I'm not gonna wear a gorilla suit...

Hey look, Beast and I did the swingin' palm tree thing in 2006, it seems only fair that you make an equal spectacle of yourself in 2012 and do the gorilla suit thing, be fair now !! You are in an A block after all !!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 18, 2012 15:44

- and you'll be 100% certain to get yourself filmed - though sadly nobody will be able to tell it's you.

Date: November 18, 2012 16:20

Green Lady
- and you'll be 100% certain to get yourself filmed - though sadly nobody will be able to tell it's you.

There you are you see, "done deal" so to say. SOLD - to SonicDreamer ... one ape suit !!

Don't disappoint us all now and be a crashing bore, turning up in jeans and some boring run of the mill Rolling Stones T shirt, we want a SPECTACULAR !! hot smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 18, 2012 16:25

Go for it!! Maybe it'll earn you some perks (entrance to the pit??). Keith took it in good humour when paulywaul and I waved the palms at him down at the B stage in Atlantic City. He bent down laughing and placed his pick in my hand for my troubles.

Date: November 18, 2012 16:31

Beast
Go for it!! Maybe it'll earn you some perks (entrance to the pit??). Keith took it in good humour when paulywaul and I waved the palms at him down at the B stage in Atlantic City. He bent down laughing and placed his pick in my hand for my troubles.

Yes, I've never forgiven Keith for that, SHE got the pick and I subsequently got my palm tree confiscated by the security around the B stage (OK I admit - I did throw it at Keith) .... but the same security guard did actually return it to me in due course !! Phew !!

Date: November 18, 2012 16:48

An ape suit will be too bloody hot!!! Going back to the case in point, any of you know a professional make-up person? I was thinking of contacting LD Communications and asking if they can help out?

I have a pic of us with those palm trees, they were fun at Hampden Park!

Cheers,
SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-18 16:56 by SonicDreamer.

Date: November 18, 2012 17:08

SonicDreamer
An ape suit will be too bloody hot!!! Going back to the case in point, any of you know a professional make-up person? I was thinking of contacting LD Communications and asking if they can help out?

Cheers,
SonicD

SD, we are not concerned about your welfare inside the suit, t'is you that needs to be concerned about keeping the rest of us outside the suit suitably amused !! I think it's a sacrifice you should be prepared to make, and apart from anything, EVERYONE needs to make a statement once in awhile !! This is YOUR moment ..... winking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 18, 2012 17:21

Do it!!!

Make sure to get some pics.

Date: November 18, 2012 18:00

SonicDreamer

And.. I am serious.

Cheers,
SonicD

Gibbon half a chance, I would do it myself for you SonicD......but the result may not be up to the standard you are hoping!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 18, 2012 22:53

I'm going to Newark as Sasquatch. Gonna be great

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 18, 2012 23:20

While we're at it, why don't we all dress up as monkeys and parade in behind a IORR barrel?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 19, 2012 00:22

SonicDreamer
Cheers,
SonicD
Would love to see that!

But, anyway, yes, go for the Gorilla suit !

So I missed that Gregory name thingy, did whoever's in charge of the Stones' FB page really get Gregory here ?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 00:23 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 19, 2012 00:37

SonicDreamer

And.. I am serious.

Cheers,
SonicD

Sonic, sounds like you've had two thirds of the big one! Get a grip lad. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 00:37 by Silver Dagger.

Date: November 19, 2012 00:38

gotdablouse
SonicDreamer
Cheers,
SonicD
Would love to see that!

But, anyway, yes, go for the Gorilla suit !

So I missed that Gregory name thingy, did whoever's in charge of the Stones' FB page really get Gregory here ?!

LOL, wonders if you can get air conditioned gorilla suits. Umm, I would think it is sheer coincidence they also opted for Gregory.

-------------------------

Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Date: September 4, 2012 21:31

EddieByword

Even Denzil the Dragon has more class than Gregory the Gorilla.

SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 00:52 by SonicDreamer.

Date: November 19, 2012 16:33

Sonic,

Sorted !! never let it be said 'm not helpful ............. winking smiley

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 16:34

Munichhilton

you have big shoes to fill

Date: November 20, 2012 00:15

paulywaul
Sonic,

Sorted !! never let it be said 'm not helpful ............. winking smiley

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Cheers Pauly, but errrrrrrrrrrrr, do you think I shrink in the wash? Medium ain't gonna cut it; let's see if they do other sizes, har har.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: November 20, 2012 22:03

Reviewing Gorilla gear today, make-up option looks like a long-shot.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If anyone knows where to get animal sound files I could load on to an iPhone, it would be great. I wanna be able to go GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in situ.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: November 20, 2012 22:05

Holy s**t, he's s s s s s s s s s s s s s s serious !!

SD, are you OK ? Been sleeping OK ? Not on medication ? Mid-life crisis under control ?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 20, 2012 22:22

SonicDreamer
Reviewing Gorilla gear today, make-up option looks like a long-shot.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If anyone knows where to get animal sound files I could load on to an iPhone, it would be great. I wanna be able to go GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in situ.

Cheers,
SonicD

Just goggle it on the internet, there are tons of free files. This has a bunch of sites:

[www.hongkiat.com]

Please make sure you have someone take pictures/video of you, we all want to see how it turned out.

Good luck and have a blast!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 20, 2012 22:30

Munichhilton

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home