Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Ten "Proofs" That The Stones Listen In Here And Care What You Think!
Posted by: DoomNGloom ()
Date: November 15, 2012 05:35

mickschix
Obviously they're NOT visiting IORR because as Gazza mentioned, ticket prices are a BIG DEAL, and for most, a deal-breaker!

Just because they listen in here (and care what we think) doesn't mean that every prayer is going to be answered. Even God sometimes says NO!

Date: November 15, 2012 05:37

Edith Grove
I truly believe Mick looks in once every blue moon, but the rest couldn't give a rat's ass.

I think Mick, DW, RW, and someone representing Keith tune in on a regular basis. Just a hunch.

Date: November 15, 2012 05:39

GumbootCloggeroo
Gazza
1) The potential of earning millions of dollars may have had more sway
2) Pretty hard to play stadiums in the northern hemisphere in December, and they're hardly going to construct a stadium stage for 5 shows. There'll be plenty of those shows next year
3) They rehearse plenty of rarities every tour. Doesnt mean they're going to have a gig consisting mostly of them. Which they wont
4) Easy to do that when theres just 5 shows if you carefully choose the setlist. There'll also probably be a few 'external' guests. Did most people want that as well?
5) You're reviewing the musical content of shows that havent taken place yet?
6) Conjecture, not proof
7) Conjecture, not proof
8) 'New album almost certain'. Yeah, right. They're going to bang out a new album in between tour legs and then release it after the tour is over when there's no logic in doing so from a promotional aspect.
9) There's no evidence that there'll be more archive releases. The arrangement was for 6 of them over a period of a year. They've done that - almost to the day in fact. And the new policy of digging into the archives began when they signed to UMG in 2008 - not within the last few months.
10) Yeah, because that has never happened before.

Absolutely spot on otherwise.

The only 'proof' here is that you're utterly delusional - and to dismiss the ticket prices as a minor exception is laughable.
but, but, but, but....there's a mountain! and DoomNGloom has been on it! or something.

Why would he position himself on a mountain he was attempting to cast into the sea?

Date: November 15, 2012 05:59

treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
ChefGuevara
Date: November 13, 2012 22:28

Well, aside from lower ticket prices that is.

#1. The majority of us wanted them to continue: They shall continue.

#2. The majority of us wanted stadium shows dumped: So far no stadium shows in sight.

#3. The majority of us wanted less warhorses and more rarities: They are currently rehearsing more rarities.

#4. The majority of us wanted less back up musicians: It appears the shows will be somewhat stripped down.

#5. Many of us wanted the songs presented at the speed they were originally played at - not "Vegas act" speeded up versions: Looks like were going to get our wish.

#6. The majority of us wanted Bill Wyman to return to the band for at least a guest appearance: It appears likely this dream will come true.

#7. Many wanted Mick Taylor to return for at least a guest appearance: This very well could happen too.

#8. The majority of us wanted new material: We got it with the two new releases and a new album next year is certain to come.

#9. All of us wanted the vault doors to swing open: Dream realized with more to come.

#10. At least one of us (me) wanted to see the Stones on PPV for at least one last time: Dream realized!

So why is Streets of Love in Grrr?

I will tell you why: The ladies absolutely love this song! Mick's gift to the Stones female fans.

Don't you think we should poll 'the ladies' before we accept that as fact?

Go for it! Let's make it a world wide poll though.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:02

More Hot Rocks
The Stones don't care what is written here. More BS than Keith's book. Most people here don't want Chuck L. His still there. So Mick and Keith say to you "F*&^ Off"

Of course they care what you think.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:10

DoomNGloom
More Hot Rocks
The Stones don't care what is written here. More BS than Keith's book. Most people here don't want Chuck L. His still there. So Mick and Keith say to you "F*&^ Off"

Of course they care what you think.

Doesn't mean you are going to get every wish on your wish list granted though.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 15, 2012 07:55

DoomNGloom
treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
ChefGuevara

#2. The majority of us wanted stadium shows dumped: So far no stadium shows in sight.

#3. The majority of us wanted less warhorses and more rarities: They are currently rehearsing more rarities.

#4. The majority of us wanted less back up musicians: It appears the shows will be somewhat stripped down.

#5. Many of us wanted the songs presented at the speed they were originally played at - not "Vegas act" speeded up versions: Looks like were going to get our wish.

#6. The majority of us wanted Bill Wyman to return to the band for at least a guest appearance: It appears likely this dream will come true.

#7. Many wanted Mick Taylor to return for at least a guest appearance: This very well could happen too.

#8. The majority of us wanted new material: We got it with the two new releases and a new album next year is certain to come.

#9. All of us wanted the vault doors to swing open: Dream realized with more to come.

#10. At least one of us (me) wanted to see the Stones on PPV for at least one last time: Dream realized!

I will tell you why: The ladies absolutely love this song! Mick's gift to the Stones female fans.

I don't have the energy, go ahead. I only suggest you don't make up sexist facts as you go...very unbecoming.

Date: November 15, 2012 20:55

treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
ChefGuevara

I don't have the energy, go ahead. I only suggest you don't make up sexist facts as you go...very unbecoming.

You might want to try a B complex?

Mick Says Stones Wouldn't Exist Without Amazing Appreciative Fans!
Date: November 15, 2012 04:54

And there are no more amazing and appreciative fans than right here at IORR!

Re: Mick Says Stones Wouldn't Exist Without Amazing Appreciative Fans!
Date: November 15, 2012 04:56

Mick's comments in USA Today article on Monday November 12.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 05:16

obviously mick hasn't read 3/4 of the posts on iorr because if he did he would take his bat and ball and simply go home. not that many appreciative fans here.

maybe he was referring to the 40 fans who were let into the rehearsals and how well behaved they were and how they ( the fans ) appreciated the opportunity.

i reckon it would be a fair bet that even some of the posters' here would still whine even if they got into the rehearsals. i could go on but........

moody smileytongue sticking out smiley
hot smiley

Date: November 15, 2012 05:20

boynamedsue69
obviously mick hasn't read 3/4 of the posts on iorr because if he did he would take his bat and ball and simply go home. not that many appreciative fans here.

maybe he was referring to the 40 fans who were let into the rehearsals and how well behaved they were and how they ( the fans ) appreciated the opportunity.

i reckon it would be a fair bet that even some of the posters' here would still whine even if they got into the rehearsals. i could go on but........

hot smiley

It just seems that way.

Date: November 15, 2012 05:25

DoomNGloom
boynamedsue69

hot smiley

It just seems that way.

No, he's pretty much nailed it.

Date: November 15, 2012 05:30

treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
boynamedsue69

hot smiley

It just seems that way.

Whining voices always appear to pack more punch than they actually do.

Date: November 15, 2012 05:38

DoomNGloom
treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
boynamedsue69

hot smiley

It just seems that way.

Whining voices always appear to pack more punch than they actually do.

Not really, they tend to sound a bit whiny.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 15, 2012 05:40

DoomNGloom
Could you maybe start another 15 threads? Because 20 in a row just isn't enough.

Date: November 15, 2012 05:45

sweetcharmedlife
DoomNGloom
Could you maybe start another 15 threads? Because 20 in a row just isn't enough.

He's only being paid for 10 new threads per day. I don't blame him for not creating any more. He should be paid for any extra work and if the Stones aren't willing to shell out a little extra, then DoomNGloom can't be expected to do this for free.

Date: November 15, 2012 05:49

sweetcharmedlife
DoomNGloom

Well, someone has to start reporting the positive around here.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:31

treaclefingers
sweetcharmedlife
DoomNGloom

He's only being paid for 10 new threads per day. I don't blame him for not creating any more. He should be paid for any extra work and if the Stones aren't willing to shell out a little extra, then DoomNGloom can't be expected to do this for free.

This is actually quite humorous. smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 15, 2012 06:43

DoomNGloom and all your other aliases -- I'm sure the Stones are appreciative of the real fans who post here, as opposed to the whiners, haters etc.

However "Doom" there are MILLIONS OF FANS throughout the world that don't access IORR but still manage to buy Stones concert tickets.

In other words, they've never heard of YOU.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:51

stonesrule
DoomNGloom and all your other aliases -- I'm sure the Stones are appreciative of the real fans who post here, as opposed to the whiners, haters etc.

However "Doom" there are MILLIONS OF FANS throughout the world that don't access IORR but still manage to buy Stones concert tickets.

True.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 15, 2012 07:26

DoomNGloom
boynamedsue69

hot smiley

It just seems that way.

Blah Blah Blah.

People who invest time on a fan board and who care enough about the Stones and take them seriously enough to have a critical viewpoint aren't "real fans?"

Good for you for cheerleading, though. And please pass this along to all the self-designated non-"whiners."

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: November 15, 2012 09:31

Sad but true. Mick can't possibly move on to serious work with new people
until Stones fans let him. So he'll keep beating this dead horse until fans
are overwhelmingly begging him to stop.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 10:24

Exact quote from [www.usatoday.com]

"It would have been very foolish to think it was going to last a long time," Jagger says by phone from a rehearsal venue in Paris. "The world around us was pretty crazy. You're battered by the winds of the wild times we lived through.

"Of course, I don't know the answer to our longevity," he says. "One of the important things is that we always had such amazing appreciative fans. If they didn't exist to keep this afloat, the Rolling Stones wouldn't exist."

Wonder when that interview was made, before or after the public rehearsal? The article is dated November 12th, the public rehearsal was on November 8th and they spent their last day in Bondy on November 9th...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 10:26 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 15, 2012 16:12

DoomNGloom
treaclefingers
sweetcharmedlife
DoomNGloom

This is actually quite humorous. smileys with beer

Thank you, I do two shows a day, 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm.

Tip your servers graciously.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 15, 2012 17:10

stonesrule

Lucky bastards

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 15, 2012 17:25

Any successful artist wouldn't exist without fans. D'uh!

Date: November 15, 2012 20:23

Gazza
stonesrule

Lucky bastards

Ingrate!smiling smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:35

good to know! Can we await some free shows around the world as a 'Big Thanx'???

Date: November 15, 2012 20:38

Ladykiller

good to know! Can we await some free shows around the world as a 'Big Thanx'???

NO! Well, maybe, we will just have to wait and see. I am very thankful for what they have given us. Be satisfied with what you have.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home