Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
one more shot
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 12, 2012 03:21

starting to grow on me.

Re: one more shot
Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 12, 2012 03:40

I like it as well!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 12, 2012 03:54

At first I didn't like it but now I like it way better than Doom and Gloom!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 12, 2012 04:51

Nope.. nope... The 'nah nah nah' part is horrifying. One More Shot starts off strong, then the chorus just stinks. The melody just doesn't go anywhere.

I have given it a fresh listen every day, including today. It has gotten worse. I HATE 'nah nah' 'mmm bop' 'la la la' crap in music. Its lazy songwriting and generally sounds like small children taunting some kid on recess. Just stupid.

Wish they had spent more than one day on it. A different chorus and removing the stupid nah nah nah junk would elevate the song bigtime.

On the plus, the sound mix is stellar! Great to hear them sounding solid. Would love to hear more Ronnie though. Charlie sounds killer.

Looking forward to hearing Doom & Gloom and One More Shot live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-12 04:52 by flacnvinyl.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 12, 2012 04:56

flacnvinyl
On the plus, the sound mix is stellar! Great to hear them sounding solid. Would love to hear more Ronnie though. Charlie sounds killer.

To me, the only thing of value on this track is that it acts like a little status update on how well each of them sound today in 2012. Regardless of the song being very very lukewarm, each member sounds really great.

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: November 12, 2012 05:34

The track is great. Best Stones song since Beast of Burden. I'm worried that the song won't get any airplay. Maybe its best chance for some exposure is a Martin Scorsese film sound track.

Doom and Gloom sounded way better at first. One More Shot didn't sound good at first. Now I don't want to hear Doom and Gloom anymore. I'm not sure why. The riff is pretty good. I still like listening to One More shot. All those little parts and nuiances just kind of unfold I suppose.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 12, 2012 06:25

I was in the Disk Union record store on my lunch break here in Tokyo, and they were playing Grrr. The two new tracks sounded amazing.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 12, 2012 07:26

The two new tracks sounded amazing.....they are

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 12, 2012 07:48

Yes Rockman, I agree, two great tracks! Love 'em!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 12, 2012 08:52

Maybe a little weak guitar-sound on 'One more shot', but yeah, a pretty good Stones-rocker....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 12, 2012 10:43

The guitars do indeed sound a bit weak on the recording but that is completely fixed on the live version, Keith's guitar was roaring the other day, and the addition of a second "na na na na na na na", while not very inspired lyrically (to say the least) does give a better balance to the song, and it is Keith on backing vocals (I wasn't sure based on the recording).

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 12, 2012 10:48

I'm waiting for the disco-remix Mick's mix.

And the mix after that of course.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 12, 2012 11:27

Dsiliked it at first, REALLY HATED IT IN FACT, but now, I really like it a lot.

Rgds
Rod

Date: November 12, 2012 12:24

gotdablouse
The guitars do indeed sound a bit weak on the recording but that is completely fixed on the live version, Keith's guitar was roaring the other day, and the addition of a second "na na na na na na na", while not very inspired lyrically (to say the least) does give a better balance to the song, and it is Keith on backing vocals (I wasn't sure based on the recording).

I agree, based on what I could hear on the live rehearsal recording thumbs up

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 12, 2012 13:00

All the songs recorded just to be added to their greatest hits are boring. For somes you can say at first,yeah,but after that these songs don't grow. Sound is louder and louder with the years. It is not negativity but reality. Only 2 songs recorded, this is a sign that their original creativity is over. 1 song is a Richards/Jordan song and keith doesn't sing it. 2 warm-up shows and none from Keith. I know their are old and it is normal that all things don't work very well. They gave a good present to fans at the rehearsals. Nothing premeditated. Not jealousy, I live in Paris and knew since the beginning where they were. I had my own experience with them in the past, very good memories. Waiting in the cold or the rain is not for me now, I did that so many times. It's over now. I understand younger people and I say good luck to them to meet their heroes. Old vinyls are playing on my turntable and that 's better than all their last productions.

Date: November 12, 2012 13:06

aprilfool
All the songs recorded just to be added to their greatest hits are boring. For somes you can say at first,yeah,but after that these songs don't grow. Sound is louder and louder with the years. It is not negativity but reality. Only 2 songs recorded, this is a sign that their original creativity is over. 1 song is a Richards/Jordan song and keith doesn't sing it. 2 warm-up shows and none from Keith. I know their are old and it is normal that all things don't work very well. They gave a good present to fans at the rehearsals. Nothing premeditated. Not jealousy, I live in Paris and knew since the beginning where they were. I had my own experience with them in the past, very good memories. Waiting in the cold or the rain is not for me now, I did that so many times. It's over now. I understand younger people and I say good luck to them to meet their heroes. Old vinyls are playing on my turntable and that 's better than all their last productions.

Are you sure? Is that confirmed?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 12, 2012 13:15

irregardless of which new tune you like, dislike, or like more than the other...on both Mick is singing unaffected and thats a good thing...

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 12, 2012 13:34

DandelionPowderman
aprilfool

zzzzz!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 12, 2012 14:06

flacnvinyl
The melody just doesn't go anywhere.

the what?

Date: November 12, 2012 14:08

aprilfool
DandelionPowderman
aprilfool

zzzzz!

Nice one... Just wondered if you had any info on OMS was written with Jordan.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 12, 2012 14:16

StonesTod
flacnvinyl
The melody just doesn't go anywhere.

the what?

It's a Keith song. Keith songs are built on grooves rather than melodies. If you're not a Winos fan you're not going to like this one anyhow. Feel lucky it was not another ballad...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2012 14:51

DandelionPowderman
aprilfool
DandelionPowderman
aprilfool

zzzzz!

If I understood right the credition in GRRR! is 'Jagger/Richards/Jordan'. And someone 'in the know' said that it was one of the solo songs Keith had done earlier in the studio.

- Doxa

Date: November 12, 2012 14:56

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
aprilfool
DandelionPowderman
aprilfool

zzzzz!

If I understood right the credition in GRRR! is 'Jagger/Richards/Jordan'. And someone 'in the know' said that it was one of the solo songs Keith had done earlier in the studio.

- Doxa

Thanks! Yeah, I saw the speculation, but haven't seen the GRRR-credits as yet.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 12, 2012 17:22

Stoneage
It's a Keith song. Keith songs are built on grooves rather than melodies. If you're not a Winos fan you're not going to like this one anyhow. Feel lucky it was not another ballad...

Love the Winos. Love all of Keith's solo work actually. The chorus is just weak, and the nah nah nahs kill the song for me. It is embarassing. Starts off strong (Randy Whore from the Voodoo outtakes is the intro), and has a solid groove. Then the weak lyrics hit, and everything else..

But you are right... Atleast we avoided another Streets of Love!

Date: November 12, 2012 17:28

aprilfool
They gave a good present to fans at the rehearsals. Nothing premeditated.

One of the rare times something actually was premeditated: they thought of that before they did it. It certainly wasn't meditated right then and there.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 12, 2012 17:31

DandelionPowderman
The credits say so.

Date: November 12, 2012 17:34

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
aprilfool
DandelionPowderman
aprilfool

zzzzz!

- Doxa

Well, according to this it's not Jagger/Richards/Jordan.

Taken from the forthcoming album GRRR!, ‘One More Shot’ is a Jagger/Richards composition...

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: November 12, 2012 18:54

Nah nah nah

I like it. Reminded me of a Troggs song

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 12, 2012 19:57

aprilfool

With the exception of "Last Dance with Mary Jane", you're correct about tracks added to greatest hits albums.

Age isn't an excuse to put out crappy music either - look at Dylan, Young, McCartney, Springsteen, even U2 (the Stones were already WELL into the Vegas era at the age that U2 is now). No, the Stones are a broken band, period.

Mick's muses these days are inconsistent, but he CERTAINLY isn't inspired by anything Keith has done since 1977 (which is why the bonus tracks on Exlie and Some Girls are SO MUCH better than these 2 new stinkers, A Bigger Bang, the 4 Licks, 3/4 of Bridges, etc.

Keith doesn't seem to have any muse at all. If Mick's input is spotty then Keith's is simply vacant and meaningless. He's not had anything 'amazing' since Thru and Thru, and nothing even listenable since 'Theif in the Night'. One Last Shot - sorry, there's way better music being released by other artists out there to care about it at all. It will be forgotten as quickly as the GRRR! complitation.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 12, 2012 20:03

jamesfdouglas
aprilfool

With the exception of "Last Dance with Mary Jane", you're correct about tracks added to greatest hits albums.

Age isn't an excuse to put out crappy music either - look at Dylan, Young, McCartney, Springsteen, even U2 (the Stones were already WELL into the Vegas era at the age that U2 is now). No, the Stones are a broken band, period.

Mick's muses these days are inconsistent, but he CERTAINLY isn't inspired by anything Keith has done since 1977 (which is why the bonus tracks on Exlie and Some Girls are SO MUCH better than these 2 new stinkers, A Bigger Bang, the 4 Licks, 3/4 of Bridges, etc.

Keith doesn't seem to have any muse at all. If Mick's input is spotty then Keith's is simply vacant and meaningless. He's not had anything 'amazing' since Thru and Thru, and nothing even listenable since 'Theif in the Night'. One Last Shot - sorry, there's way better music being released by other artists out there to care about it at all. It will be forgotten as quickly as the GRRR! complitation.
U2 is pure Vegas. Bono has been stinking for the last many years - nothing real there, just crawing for fame.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home