Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: one more shot
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 12, 2012 20:06

mtaylor
U2 is pure Vegas. Bono has been stinking for the last many years - nothing real there, just crawing for fame.

Have you given No Line on the Horizon a real listen?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 12, 2012 21:24

jamesfdouglas
mtaylor
U2 is pure Vegas. Bono has been stinking for the last many years - nothing real there, just crawing for fame.

Yes, pure crap. Put in my shredder - that was the best sound, listening to the CD being torn apart.

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: November 13, 2012 00:59

mtaylor
jamesfdouglas
mtaylor

Yes, pure crap. Put in my shredder - that was the best sound, listening to the CD being torn apart.
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:21

Just heard it for the first time... noting special, but not bad.

Reminded me of I go Wild.

I like Doom and Gloom better, but a lot of people are saying OMS is too shirt and D&G is too long. I agree on both statements.

Could be great live, looking forward to it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:25

jamesfdouglas
mtaylor

I bought it, played it through once, and haven't been back. In fact, it turned me off of U2 altogether.

Last one I really loved was All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Date: November 13, 2012 01:38

aprilfool
All the songs recorded just to be added to their greatest hits are boring. For somes you can say at first,yeah,but after that these songs don't grow.

Somehow I've listened to Don't Stop and Losing My Touch since they came out so I guess they've grown for me. The other two, garbage. Sometimes I'll play them just to remember how awful Streets Of Love really is. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 13, 2012 02:57

The Street fighting man intro ruins it for me. It's just too obvious. Plus that KR had to go for a S. Jordan collaboration.
I still like D & G . .

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 13, 2012 02:58

..well, i like it...

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: November 13, 2012 05:30

Great track and much more original than some songs I'm hearing on the radio that I like. For example I like this song by the band FUN. THe songs chorus sounds like "What Do I Stand For." But it's stylings are like Queen and the voice and singing style at one point is the greatest Freddie Mercury impersonation ever. Then it's crossed with the precussion of Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel.

I did finally hear Doom and Gloom on the radio which was nice. Still have not heard One More Shot on the radio.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 13, 2012 08:35

You mean this one? Yes, I like it too. (cue predictable iorr outburst about modern pop crap). Just to bring it on topic, Mick is I believe a fan of Janelle Monae.

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: November 13, 2012 14:31

same band, but different song. The song begins "some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck" or something like that. I know the song "tonight, we are young." At times he sounds like Tracey Chapman. At times he sounds like Freddie Mercury.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 14:47

Great love it.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 16:17

just heard One More Shot for the first time.

Hmmm.... highly derivative to say the least!

Perhaps it will grow on me... I'll give it a chance...

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 13, 2012 17:03

tomcat2006
just heard One More Shot for the first time.

Hmmm.... highly derivative to say the least!

Perhaps it will grow on me... I'll give it a chance...

eye rolling smiley

I thought you had something against us "whiners".....

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 18:32

I only ever posted about excessive whining, which is not at all the same as either not having an opinion or being critical.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 13, 2012 18:40

I like both tracks...
And its the best rock songs out now..
Well, Its only Rock and Roll...

Funny a lot of fans didn't like that song either when it was 1st released!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 13, 2012 18:45

tomcat2006
I only ever posted about excessive whining, which is not at all the same as either not having an opinion or being critical.

some of the more talented posters here can opine, critique & excessively whine all at the SAME TIME! and all whilst smokin' a huge cigar!

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 13, 2012 18:50

I like both of the new songs with One More Shot being my favorite.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 13, 2012 18:52

hot stuff
I like both tracks...
And its the best rock songs out now..
Well, Its only Rock and Roll...

Funny a lot of fans didn't like that song either when it was 1st released!

Lol, good point Hot Stuff.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 13, 2012 18:56

johnypar
mtaylor
jamesfdouglas
mtaylor

Yes, the haters come out here. No surprise, good for you all (slow clap).
Sorry, but it's a much better and more genuine-sounding effort than anything The Stones have done since 1997.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 13, 2012 19:58

One More Shot: 'written by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Steve Jordan.

Credits confirm that WOMS is one (of the six?) songs recorded by Keef with Steve Jordan during last sessions. I think that early version doesn't have the 'na-na-na-na-' part...

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: November 13, 2012 20:07

I 100% agree with James only its frustrating to listen to b/c the first half just barely misses it while the 2nd is brillaint tried and true Stones. The chorus part when Mick sings 'Give me ONE more shot'...feels like it needs a little added line or melody there to hook it into the ryhthym line which is very catchy. Once the Ronnie solo kicks in its true old school Tattoo You/Undervocer style Stones and then Mick sings it great b/c no more verses.
Doom and Gloom on the other hand is not even Stones. Sounds like Mick solo and something he wrote in 30 minutes with nothing catchy at all

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 13, 2012 20:52

the stones are victims of their own success.

anything they put out is automatically compared to hundreds of great songs and nitpicked to death by the fans.

i do it myself-

from the first note i'm running down the laundry list of:what era does it sound like,how is keiths guitar playing,IS that keiths guitar playing,maybe its mick and ronnie.is the bass meshing with charlie.are the lyrics crap or has mick come up with something good this time.does it go on too long,maybe they shouldve kept it a little short and sweeter.is this a mick song or a keith song or did they actually write one together again.

when i just listen to the songs without thinking about them too much they seem to be a couple of really good rockers,and thats not bad at all.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:42

aprilfool
DandelionPowderman
aprilfool
All the songs recorded just to be added to their greatest hits are boring. For somes you can say at first,yeah,but after that these songs don't grow. Sound is louder and louder with the years. It is not negativity but reality. Only 2 songs recorded, this is a sign that their original creativity is over. 1 song is a Richards/Jordan song and keith doesn't sing it. 2 warm-up shows and none from Keith. I know their are old and it is normal that all things don't work very well. They gave a good present to fans at the rehearsals. Nothing premeditated. Not jealousy, I live in Paris and knew since the beginning where they were. I had my own experience with them in the past, very good memories. Waiting in the cold or the rain is not for me now, I did that so many times. It's over now. I understand younger people and I say good luck to them to meet their heroes. Old vinyls are playing on my turntable and that 's better than all their last productions.
georgelicks
Here the scans with the credits of the two new songs:

Are you sure? Is that confirmed?
Yes

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:49

Hey, D&G preproduction by...Matt Clifford! So is that an old GITD outtake or did Mick work with him recently on some new stuff?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:41

Matt Clifford did work for Jagger on the Exile outtakes so I'd guess he's still involved.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:48

Hi Teddy,
any news about new Winos project?

Posted by: qz093n ()
Date: November 16, 2012 02:13

I like both of the new releases..... I think the upcoming new album will be suprisingly good. These guys are just getting warmed up IMO.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 16, 2012 02:27

johnypar
mtaylor
jamesfdouglas
mtaylor

Heard it on headphones at a music store in Milano....almost bought it just to
shred it.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 17, 2012 10:52

Check this out. one more shot sped up by 10%. Sounds pretty good to me!
(some parts sound a bit silly of course but I like the overall tempo)

[www.youtube.com]

Cheers,
Wuudy

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home