Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
So has Keith recovered from "The Palm Tree" Medication side effects or Booze in 07?
Posted by: JC21769 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 04:04

The last few months I read and heard several rumors that KR was not in good physical shape due to the head injury and continued medication side effects, which led those same rumors to say he cannot remember songs and more.

I understand that he got messed up after the BRAIN injury and that it is an older man, but now I have heard that booze was messing with him during shows, after surgery, during last legs of Bigger Bang tour and his physical condition was the reason behind no tour in 2012.

Does anyone know? I have sseen pics of KR recently and he looks well....and I hope he is.

JC NYC

I

Re: So has Keith recovered from "The Palm Tree" Medication side effects or Booze in 07?
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 29, 2012 04:21

doesnt look like it

Re: So has Keith recovered from "The Palm Tree" Medication side effects or Booze in 07?
Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 29, 2012 04:33

Could be a combination of booze and the meds he was on for the brain injury. Plus the man is old with a life of mayhem.

Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: October 29, 2012 04:34

Some stories suggest that the tree thing was just a front, that he really
had a stroke.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: October 29, 2012 06:03

sonyzzz
had a stroke.

This is exactly what my wife said to me when he first had the fall...that it was a cover for something more severe

Honestly I don't know. He's so odd with his movements and speaking style anyway that if something is truly "off" we may just not notice it. If it was a stroke it was probably a very mild one, because he doesn't appear to be slurring, or droopy, or anything like that

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 29, 2012 06:37

chop
sonyzzz
had a stroke.

This is exactly what my wife said to me when he first had the fall...that it was a cover for something more severe

Honestly I don't know. He's so odd with his movements and speaking style anyway that if something is truly "off" we may just not notice it. If it was a stroke it was probably a very mild one, because he doesn't appear to be slurring, or droopy, or anything like that

Good point!

He's sort of got the movements for decades now that I most associate with junkies and former junkies. I've often wondered what it is that causes certain mannerisms to linger with many (not all I am sure) ex junkies. But apart from the music he has always been fascinating to watch in interviews and such. A turn off in many ways in terms of what he might actually say in more recent years, but on better occasions clearly very thoughtful and intelligent in conversation and his "odd" movements seem to help convey expression more than hinder it. But yeah, since some of that has always been there, hard to draw too many conclusions these days.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 07:33

I have always wondered why Keith's head wasn't shaved for a major operation on his skull.

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: October 29, 2012 08:03

I always wondered about that too. I just figured the "operation" to relieve cranial pressure was maybe limited to drilling a hole or something along those lines. I'm not a doctor though, nor do I play one on tv.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 29, 2012 08:40

keithglimmer
I always wondered about that too. I just figured the "operation" to relieve cranial pressure was maybe limited to drilling a hole or something along those lines. I'm not a doctor though, nor do I play one on tv.

It said in the Sunday Times yesterday that Keith has 9 titianium pins in his skull.

I was surprised when I read that.

Maybe he wore a wig when he came back or just put more fish hooks in his hair.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 29, 2012 08:56

GravityBoy
keithglimmer

It said in the Sunday Times yesterday that Keith has 9 titianium pins in his skull.

What Keith said in a recent interview from a couple of months ago was that he was trepanned, so they probably only had to shave a patch.

Date: October 29, 2012 10:12

The tightness in his rhythm playing on Shattered, Whip and JJF tells me that Keith is fine - not to mention it's seems like he chose his licks more sparsely and his timing was a lot better. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 11:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 29, 2012 10:21

stonesnow
What Keith said in a recent interview from a couple of months ago was that he was trepanned, so they probably only had to shave a patch.

Keith says a lot of things.. for effect usually.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 29, 2012 10:37

In his book 'Life' he states that after the fall he had two strokes in the hospital which led to an emergency operation.

Mathijs

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:45

IMHO,The jury still out on Keith,the litmus test will be if he can"actually play" a two hour show in front of 20,000,without having Blondie and Pierre cover his ass,from the videos l have seen of the Paris show,his playing was nothing to get excited about,some very simple licks,and much posing..We'll see..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: October 29, 2012 14:53

KeefintheNight82
I have always wondered why Keith's head wasn't shaved for a major operation on his skull.

Since the tree incident you rarely see a pic of Keith without a hat or a bandana. I assumed they were covering scars and general male pattern baldness.

Posted by: sunsetshades ()
Date: October 29, 2012 17:34

given how uncharacteristically lucid and relatively tick-free keith was during that jimmy fallon appearance not too long ago, i think that his guitar problems are more the result of old-age ailments like arthritis. i don't think you can use that 'both hands off the wheel' move as often as keith does without a designated driver like blondie holding down the fort, but having heard blondie solo recently
it's safe to say that no one is better qualified for ghost-guitarist:

[youtu.be]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 29, 2012 17:45

So why was he playing in the wrong key in SFTD during the licks tour? He's been fried for a long time.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: October 29, 2012 21:21

More Hot Rocks
So why was he playing in the wrong key in SFTD during the licks tour? He's been fried for a long time.

My memory may be failing, but I thought he did that on the VL or Bridges tour for almost the whole Sympathy solo.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:41

Keith wasn't playing in the wrong key, we were listening in the wrong key.grinning smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:19

The video from the 2012 Paris' gig show that Keith is able to play. JJF's tempo is a title bit slow but Keith is focused and he plays well. I don't think Keith will be able to kick ass like before but if he commits to the music he could surprise us once more.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:28

I do not beleive the fall was a front. Keith wrote rather lucidly or told the guy who wrote Life that he fell went out on a boat and had a crushing headache. i don't rmember all the details but he went into it quite a bit and this I don't beleive is "made up" I don't think that even Keith would embellish on this that much.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 07:42

sonyzzz
had a stroke.

Did any 'stories' ever suggest this or just people on this forum?

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 30, 2012 08:04

GravityBoy
keithglimmer

lmao

Date: October 30, 2012 12:36

carlorossi
More Hot Rocks

My memory may be failing, but I thought he did that on the VL or Bridges tour for almost the whole Sympathy solo.

I believe your right. Can't blame the fall on his playing before that. You can't go through that much drug and alcohol abuse without any damage.

Date: October 30, 2012 13:57

He uses SFTD as the song where he is out greeting the audience. He obviously doesn't care what he plays when he interacts with the audience.

He's been doing that since the VL-tour.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:09

DandelionPowderman
He uses SFTD as the song where he is out greeting the audience. He obviously doesn't care what he plays when he interacts with the audience.

He's been doing that since the VL-tour.

Lame excuse. It has nothing to do with that. You don't play solos in the wrong key even if your dying. But i agree in that you say he doesn't care. Keith please do never play any lead again. You're terrible at it. Let Ronnie do the work.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:13

i've tried to read keith's book but it's impossible. what pages in LIFE does keith state he had some strokes after his hospitalization. the issue for me is, yes keith has been getting older, but it's the winging it like he's still 25, the exessive drinking and the fact he pays attention to the audience now as opposed to the '78 tour film where is the center of the band and unaware of the audience to a certain degree.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:43

KeefintheNight82
sonyzzz
had a stroke.

Did any 'stories' ever suggest this or just people on this forum?

I remember that I read on this board that after the palm tree incident even the Stones' office mentioned that Keith had a stroke.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:48

after fall accident there was a pictures of shaved area in head.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:50

chop
sonyzzz
had a stroke.

You could successfully recover from a stroke and not have any permanent physical "defects".

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home