Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will Ronnie and Keith end up drinking?
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:32

Do you think after this few weeks together being "rockers" Keith and Ronnie will be able to stay clear from booze?
I bet is very difficult.....

And that would be it with the 2013 "tour"

This reminds me of Keith & Anita & smack. They just could´nt be together.

Re: Will Ronnie and Keith end up drinking?
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:36

We can only hope so.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:38

No keep 'em dehydrated and crackin' around theeeee edges

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:54

varilla
Do you think after this few weeks together being "rockers" Keith and Ronnie will be able to stay clear from booze?
I bet is very difficult.....

And that would be it with the 2013 "tour"

This reminds me of Keith & Anita & smack. They just could´nt be together.

Keith still drinks...

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:55

GravityBoy

We can only hope so.

Of course!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:25

HM

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:49

i hope ronnie stays sober.
for keef, its just a pose
jeroen

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:16

keith not only drinks but he is an alcoholic

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:31

I wonder how much the booze decapitates their onstage performances? 50 %?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 25, 2012 00:59

Which other artists can turn up plastered performing in front of an audience of 50 000? Imagine a tennis star or a formula one driver performing drunk!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:00

Imagine a tennis star or a formula one driver performing drunk!

Or a bike rider........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:02

melillo
keith not only drinks but he is an alcoholic

Just because he has drank/gotten drunk every day of his life, doesn't mean he's an alcoholic.

Where do you get your information?!

Date: October 25, 2012 01:05

LOL! Keith rarely drinks anymore. How fooled can u get by a little media show off?

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:05

Yes.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 25, 2012 01:24

I think they should start on blue Meth..They will play great..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: October 25, 2012 06:04

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 25, 2012 06:31

Stoneage
Which other artists can turn up plastered performing in front of an audience of 50 000? Imagine a tennis star or a formula one driver performing drunk!

Well, a tennis star is an athlete, rather than an artist, and a formula one driver.... well, let's put it this way: I'm not a racing fan, but if they would all just get loaded before racing even I would tune in, because I would be assured of some real entertainment out of car racing for a change.

Guitar playing on the other hand is something you can do while smoking cigarettes simultaneously--and hey, speaking of tennis stars, I would tune in and become a fan if they would sprint around the court while chain-smoking Marlboros, just to see who collapses first.

Date: October 25, 2012 06:48

stonesnow
Stoneage

Well, a tennis star is an athlete, rather than an artist, and a formula one driver.... well, let's put it this way: I'm not a racing fan, but if they would all just get loaded before racing even I would tune in, because I would be assured of some real entertainment out of car racing for a change.

Guitar playing on the other hand is something you can do while smoking cigarettes simultaneously--and hey, speaking of tennis stars, I would tune in and become a fan if they would sprint around the court while chain-smoking Marlboros, just to see who collapses first.

That's hilarious! You could rubberneck from your couch with as many instant replays as you want while getting and being smashed! Or loaded, whatever you prefer.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 25, 2012 07:11

Playin' and drinkin' just goes well. When my band plays, we'll take a shot of tequila between sets. Relaxes the jitters a bit and the mood just flows. Now the weed on the other hand doesn't mix well. You forget changes, start zoning out on the nice rack in the front row etc.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:52

This story is from the November 8th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone.

Inside the Rolling Stones' Reunion

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards tell all about the band's 50th-anniversary blowout
Comment

Richards is also drinking significantly less. "I don't get ridiculous," he says. "I like a glass of wine with my meal and everything, but I've given up sort of waking up and having a drink, you know? I gave up smack, I can give up anything. No big deal to me, I do it to impress other people. But if they come up with a great new drug, I'll be the first one on it, believe me."

By Brian Hiatt
October 24, 2012 7:00 AM ET

Ouch! O si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses. This is goofy Keith the showman. But, to whom he needs to prove how cool he is, to whom he needs to show off like that? All he proves is his own imbecility. All that looks infantile to me, as if he was indefinitely stuck in his late puberty. Or has he meanwhile become a victim of old-age and other manifestations of dementia? - dead.flowers

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:25

dead.flowers
This story is from the November 8th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone.

Inside the Rolling Stones' Reunion

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards tell all about the band's 50th-anniversary blowout
Comment

Richards is also drinking significantly less. "I don't get ridiculous," he says. "I like a glass of wine with my meal and everything, but I've given up sort of waking up and having a drink, you know? I gave up smack, I can give up anything. No big deal to me, I do it to impress other people. But if they come up with a great new drug, I'll be the first one on it, believe me."

By Brian Hiatt
October 24, 2012 7:00 AM ET

Ouch! O si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses. This is goofy Keith the showman. But, to whom he needs to prove how cool he is, to whom he needs to show off like that? All he proves is his own imbecility. All that looks infantile to me, as if he was indefinitely stuck in his late puberty. Or has he meanwhile become a victim of old-age and other manifestations of dementia? - dead.flowers

Oh, for pete's sake, can everyone just give it a rest? Who the heck cares how Keith presents it, the point is he's not drinking much and is ready to rock. Keith has always presented himself to the public as the quintessential rock and roll god. From all reports, he is a much different person in his private life.
I don't understand why these kind of remarks from Keith always provoke so much vitriol from the fans on this board. I wish people would just give it a rest and try to enjoy the fact that the band is going out on the road again and may do some great things. Life's too short for all this bitchin and moaning.

Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:28

DandelionPowderman
LOL! Keith rarely drinks anymore. How fooled can u get by a little media show off?

Not sure if you're serious but I was up front at the Isle of Wight 2007 and KR was steaming drunk. It was brutally obvious to the crowd.

Date: October 25, 2012 16:35

Tricky76
DandelionPowderman

Not sure if you're serious but I was up front at the Isle of Wight 2007 and KR was steaming drunk. It was brutally obvious to the crowd.

I am serious. He rarely drinks anymore, according to my sources - at least compared to a few years back, probably at the Isle of Wight as well smiling smiley

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:36

Other major rockers/artists in their league, with a similar age than Keith and Ron still are playing great. In some cases even better i think (and Jagger is maybe one in some aspects, like singing)
I seen recentle Macca, really good, really playing, on the spot, Clapton, you like it or not, but he stills plays at the top of the game. He PLAYS. Buddy Guy! Man , he still blows your head.

They are all mainly clean. Ronnie himself , recently has proved that he is able to do it very well (I feel like playing, Faces, Live solo) if sober.

Bad performances have much more to do with excesses than with age. Age doesn´t seem to affect that much (at least up to a cetain point). I remember seeing BB King with 70 years and i was really hot.

However, as i am saying this, i tell you that is practically impossible for me to play drums with my band in a little club without a couple of vodkas or scotch,
but i am not 70 and i am not an alcoholic....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:08

HerMajestyBrenda
Yes.

How can you be sure ?

Isnt the real question, "Will we up end drinking?"
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:22

Isnt the real question, "Will we end up drinking?"... I hope we do.

Why do we drink? We drink to get drunk... EVERYBODY SING ALONG!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 17:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:18

Yes. Caramel shots spread on apple slices Halloween night.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:27

Keith of course Ronnie I hope not. I'll bet they will be sparking up plenty of weed though. It is a daily thing for Keith I'm pretty sure. peace

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:37

I don't give a darn about Keith's drinking, but why are they rehearsing the same old setlist? Toss out all those songs and play other stuff, like Gotta Getaway.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:39

jazzbass
. Now the weed on the other hand doesn't mix well. You forget changes, start zoning out on the nice rack in the front row etc.

and all the tunes start sounding like Grateful Dead songs...but at least the band is enjoying them..peace

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home