Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:54

Zagalo
The RFU case against Viagogo goes on: [www.guardian.co.uk]

Thank you very much for posting this. As someone that has very strong views about the dubious business practices of Viagogo and their like, and a great interest in seeing their activities exposed for what they are and ultimately legislated against, this is nothing short of a landmark ruling.

Cheers

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 21, 2012 22:28

Speaking of viagogo, they are showing 8 seats in Section 420, row A, for between 220 - 225 GBP. Even with the fees, that's much less than face value, for some of the best upper tier seats. Lower tier seats also available for less than face price - many seats available, so I think further price drops are coming. As usual, though, pit, A block seats seem to be selling and are all way above face value - especially with the ticket fees and VAT.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:06

Indeed, but level 4 is really way up, even in row A...the slope in Level 1 is pretty gentle then you have two layers of boxes apparently and the the steepness starts !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:20

Again, level 4 is very detatched compared to other two-story indoor arenas. Pay the extras and get level 1, floor or pit tickets!

Date: November 21, 2012 23:39

TomGreen
Again, level 4 is very detatched compared to other two-story indoor arenas. Pay the extras and get level 1, floor or pit tickets!

It's worse than that (in my humble opinion) ... it SUCKS, and should be avoided like the plague !!

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:59

^Agreed, acoustically it is amazing for an arena - wherever you are but once again fork out for better tickets! Sold my Block 107 pair today for £600!

Date: November 22, 2012 00:07

TomGreen
^Agreed, acoustically it is amazing for an arena - wherever you are but once again fork out for better tickets! Sold my Block 107 pair today for £600!

Good for you

Date: November 22, 2012 00:14

TomGreen

I've never been in the stands at the O2 Arena, but based on that picture, the Section 420 row A looks like a good deal at 200 GBP if you consider that the last row of Row 111 would be 2-3X that much. Just thought I would mention it for those who don't want to pay the high prices.

The other thing that's clear from that picture is that the floor is wider than most arenas in the US (where the floor is configured to fit tightly around a hockey rink or basketball court.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 00:29 by drbryant.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 22, 2012 00:57

Surprisingly no ticket drops for the London shows through Eventsim yet....

Date: November 22, 2012 01:12

Didn't TM take over all the tix from seetickets and eventim a couple of weeks ago? Would be nice to see some on Eventim again because their site is a lot more user friendly! Did it happen in 2007?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:35

Just won a pair of first level tickets for Sunday on e-bay for about two-thirds of their face value - which was pretty much what I'd said I was willing to pay to begin with for that area (I'd no interest in the 400's).

Bill & Mick T being confirmed finally got me interested but happily I was able to play the Stones and scalpers at their own game - and win. It helped too that getting advance info on the concert dates meant I got a good price on a hotel nearby.

See y'all at the Pilot Inn on Sunday. thumbs up

Date: November 22, 2012 01:49

Gazza
Just won a pair of first level tickets for Sunday on e-bay for about two-thirds of their face value - which was pretty much what I'd said I was willing to pay to begin with for that area (I'd no interest in the 400's).

Bill & Mick T being confirmed finally got me interested but happily I was able to play the Stones and scalpers at their own game - and win. It helped too that getting advance info on the concert dates meant I got a good price on a hotel nearby.

Bingo .... well done that man !!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:03

The usual suspects are lining up!

Date: November 22, 2012 02:10

flairville
The usual suspects are lining up!

Speak for yerself matey boy, ain't nuffink suspicious 'bout moi !! winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 22, 2012 04:01

Yay, Gazza, yeah, with Mick T and Bill, you hadda be there.
Congrats on the score!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 22, 2012 08:32

Section 110 Row A on Ticketmaster now. I would say that these seats are better than the back of the B Block because they would be elevated.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 22, 2012 09:02

Gazza

Hah Gazzaaaaaa, I'm not falling off my branch at this, you were always gonna be there somehow or other. Look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Remember to bring me some bananas!

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: November 22, 2012 09:16

Nice work Gazza, looking forward to meeting you!

drbryant
Section 110 Row A on Ticketmaster now. I would say that these seats are better than the back of the B Block because they would be elevated.
A is a bit above the floor then? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

--------------

Posted by: stourbridgestone ()
Date: November 22, 2012 10:09

Get in Gazza, I have followed suit and have paid less than FV on ebay.
Looking forward to meeting some people at the pilot.

Might even pop in to Bills 'sticky fingers' in Kensington first for some lunch.

Can't wait

Date: November 22, 2012 10:12

Hey that's a thought, I walked by his restaurant pretty often in...1992 but never went in, sounds like a good time to go!

--------------

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 22, 2012 10:31

Gazza

Now you got me panicking a bit. Still without ticket. What to do? I really don't know.

Posted by: stourbridgestone ()
Date: November 22, 2012 10:35

Silver Dagger
Gazza

Now you got me panicking a bit. Still without ticket. What to do? I really don't know.

Silver Dagger, i think today is a good day for ebay as people will be desperate to sell. I bid on a few and have just been offered 2 in 110 for £499, which doesnt sound too bad.
If you do today, you can get them delivered tommorow. all the best.

Date: November 22, 2012 10:56

Silver Dagger
Gazza

Commit ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 22, 2012 11:01

Silver Dagger
Gazza

Win a pair?

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: Zorchman ()
Date: November 22, 2012 11:17

Hi there, first time post so hoping i'm in the right thread! I've watched from afar for a few years now and my one and only gig was Wembley 82 which I can vaguely remember (my brother got only one ticket for the Aberdeen Capitol as he was skint - you can see him on an old STV News post as they filmed the queue).Got caught out when they played last after they changed dates so lost out on seeing them at Murrayfield.
Had hoped to go down for this one but cannnot afford expensive tix, flights and hotel (had no chance of £106 tix) and was wondering what you all thought about flying down from Scotland on the day and hoping to get a spare nearby althoguh I will need to book today to get any chance of a decent price? loved the ticket chat and well done to all you guys who are making a daily effort and hanging in there for the "big prize" I've been intrigued by the way the tickets have been going and have a theory that there may be a lot of tickets left which people might want rid of so it may be possible to pick something up for around £150 last minute - is this too risky given the costs? Where would they be selling (i've seen that around the O2 is virtually impossible to get tix) Any views happily accepted in helping me make my mind up!

Date: November 22, 2012 11:19

Beast
Silver Dagger
Gazza

Win a pair?

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Thanks Sarah. I will be there but it's just making the right move at the right time. See you at the Pilot.

Date: November 22, 2012 11:46

Silver Dagger
Beast
Silver Dagger
Gazza

Win a pair?

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Thanks Sarah. I will be there but it's just making the right move at the right time. See you at the Pilot.

SD, surely there must be stuff of interest on ebay these days, it's not much more than 72 hours to showtime ? I'd have thought you'd be rather spoilt for choice at this late juncture, I mean exactly who's got who by the short n' curlies at this point in time ?

Date: November 22, 2012 12:39

paulywaul
Silver Dagger
Beast
Silver Dagger
Gazza

Win a pair?

[www.guardian.co.uk]

SD, surely there must be stuff of interest on ebay these days, it's not much more than 72 hours to showtime ? I'd have thought you'd be rather spoilt for choice at this late juncture, I mean exactly who's got who by the short n' curlies at this point in time ?

Yes, trouble is the cheap tickets are for the nosebleeds. Someone just got 2 for £450. Can't bring myself to see them from so far away.

Date: November 22, 2012 12:43

Mike, there MUST be stuff coming up now (either on the secondaries or on TM itself if you put in a lot of time searching) that's in the lower rows of 102 or 111 (opposite each other), or if you're really lucky - in 101 or 112 ? Surely ? Absolutely no need to end up in the nosebleeds, none whatsoever

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 22, 2012 12:47

Yep, getting close to decision time. Still without a ticket, and really want a decent seat near the stage.

What to do indeed...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1204
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home