Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Anyone still listening to D&G?
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:43

A decent song, it is good to do some exercises to it.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:53

ohcarol
It's somthing they can write in their sleep. Good,not great by their standards. Somthing us mere mortals would be proud to write.

I can write a better song than doom and gloom. The only reason we're discussing this song is the Rolling Stones

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:56

I still listen to it all the time.....and its still getting plenty of airplay on Radio 2

Great song.

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 16:47

I still love it! Best Stones song in years (since Love Is Strong imho).

Not a fan of Mick or the drums being so high in the mix, but, hey...whatever.

A great song and no mistake!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 27, 2012 17:46

Redhotcarpet
ohcarol
It's somthing they can write in their sleep. Good,not great by their standards. Somthing us mere mortals would be proud to write.

I can write a better song than doom and gloom. The only reason we're discussing this song is the Rolling Stones

mhm. i wrote two that were better just yesterday. no lie. can't believe radio isn't giving them more play. i hate the rolling stones.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: October 27, 2012 22:52

"Ronnie Gaubert:The Landscapes of Louisiana"

(Louisiana swamp pic)

http://

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 27, 2012 23:00

StonesTod
Redhotcarpet
ohcarol

mhm. i wrote two that were better just yesterday. no lie. can't believe radio isn't giving them more play. i hate the rolling stones.

Only two?

Slouch!

I Wrote ten.

And another six better than the Beatles.

I tried to write one better than Bowie but it was late, I was tired and its impossible anyway.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 23:08

LieB

I actually seldom listen to single tracks. I'm always listening to an album, so if a song isn't tied to one, it tends to be forgotten in my house/headphones.

This ^ when I get the physical copy of Grrr, I'll listen to it more.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 28, 2012 02:40

Sure! $1.29 for a new Stones' song? No brainer! Especially after the lame shit they threw on 40 licks.

The real question ought to be when was the last time you listened to Don't Stop or the other 3?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 28, 2012 02:47

stonesstein
Sure! $1.29 for a new Stones' song? No brainer! Especially after the lame shit they threw on 40 licks.

The real question ought to be when was the last time you listened to Don't Stop or the other 3?

Don't Stop is alright and improves with further listens. I like the fact that those Forty Licks tunes were not overproduced, just basic catchy songs. Of the four, Losing My Lunch is the only one that falls flat with me.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: October 28, 2012 03:34

stonesnow
stonesstein

Don't Stop is alright and improves with further listens. I like the fact that those Forty Licks tunes were not overproduced, just basic catchy songs. Of the four, Losing My Lunch is the only one that falls flat with me.

I agree with you on Don't Stop. Whatever overly sterile production values they used on Doom and Gloom kind of turn me off to it. On Don't Stop i hear guitars. On Doom&Gloom i hear a producer deciding that the guitars should sound friendly and non commital in case somebody wants to pipe the song into a grocery store.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 28, 2012 04:31

Don't Stop is a turd compared to D&G. IMO.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: October 28, 2012 04:39

Midnight Toker

What about the production values and guitar sound of each? Even if you like d&g better, how do the guitars sound to you?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:06

Midnight Toker

Don't Stop is turd...you don't have to compare it to any song.

D & G is great.

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:47

How was it at the trabendo gig ? Keith intro ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 28, 2012 12:27

Nope Mick plays that 10th/7th fret riff and the solo progression as well. It was a bit hard to keep track of everything wih Mick about 2 meters away but Ronnie did some nice licks, less "hard rock" than on the recording. I must admit I only took a quick glance at Keith and he was playing the Open G suspension towards the end of the riff.

Mick must have been pleased by the good reception that song got, none of the "when you play a new song you get blank stares in the crowd" problem he sometimes mentioned in interviews. Everyone in the front seemed to know the lyrics.

A killer track on record, even more son on stage !

"Don't Stop" is a nice song but doesn't come close in terms of pure rock power, it's too "melodic" and "clean" really. The D&G lyrics are also much more interesting, not that it necessarily matters in a rock song but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 28, 2012 16:36

Listened a few times and am bored with it to tell the truth. Vocals really grate on me after a while, yes they are mixed too loud. Needs a breakdown and a decent bridge. If it wasn't the Stones it probably would have received 1 or 2 listens at the most. It might be more interesting live, I sure hope so.

That being said I did listen to songs from Hot Rocks about 10 times this week. peace

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 28, 2012 23:44

..After 15 days it's growing in me..I really appreciate it now even more than when it start ....

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home