Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: AMEX Sale today
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 22, 2012 20:33

You are getting sleepy.... very sleeepy... you will pay what
ever we charge, you will pay now, type in your cc number now

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 22, 2012 20:38

HA now that is hilarious

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 22, 2012 20:46

Max'sKansasCity

Awww Max, I can't laugh right now, but I am smiling. Feeling like an idiot, so I'll probably sell the damn ticket...then I'll feel sad that I'm missing the concert. No win situation for me, but I'm not gonna whine...I did it to myself.sad smiley

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 22, 2012 20:47

i love how you can spend upwards of $1,000 and then be prompted to BUY a commemorative t shirt!! only $32 extra!

Has anyone heard of a $95 dollar seat being sold yet? My next show will be my 20th and I just want to get my foot in the door, but Im not sure at that price you even get in the building...that might just be the parking!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 20:49 by HalfNanker.

Date: October 22, 2012 20:48

latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity

Awww Max, I can't laugh right now, but I am smiling. Feeling like an idiot, so I'll probably sell the damn ticket...then I'll feel sad that I'm missing the concert. No win situation for me, but I'm not gonna whine...I did it to myself.sad smiley

My mean/rowdy comments are to other people, not you LB. You did good.
I always make exceptions for a beautiful woman, like you. Great picture smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 20:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:03

Because I'm addicted, I had to go to Ticketmaster just now and check Newark.

Brussels Package of 2 tickets in Section 20...looks good until the price comes up.
Damn.

I broke out of the hypnotic state and X'ed out of Ticketmaster safely and securely.

I'm sad.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:05

HalfNanker
i love how you can spend upwards of $1,000 and then be prompted to BUY a commemorative t shirt!! only $32 extra!

Has anyone heard of a $95 dollar seat being sold yet? My next show will be my 20th and I just want to get my foot in the door, but Im not sure at that price you even get in the building...that might just be the parking!!

I figured that the amount of $95 tickets would be very minimal and that I could have better luck trying for the $150 tickets, which fortunately worked out for me. It was in section 231. I'm just glad it's not behind the stage. I'm guessing that whatever $95 tickets exist are in the last sections on the 200 level, in 208 and 233.

This will be my 30th show. I just need to figure out if I can get cheap enough airfare from Los Angeles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 21:07 by Halup.

Date: October 22, 2012 21:06

Kurt

Brussels Package of 2 tickets in Section 20...looks good until the price comes up.
Damn.

I broke out of the hypnotic state and X'ed out of Ticketmaster safely and securely.
smileys with beer

You passed the test... now consider going out and wasting some money an awesome meal for dinner tonight... splurge on your favorite food/drink.... and still have 95% of your money left.

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:11

I set up two computers. One with my AMEX info and the other with a friends. I then went back and forth. I was unable to pull up two $500 seats together so I went for a single. BOOM! Got one in the rear mezzanine using my buddy's info. Went to my account for one and got a "no." Went back for another single on my buddy's account and BOOM! Got a second seat in the rear mezzanine ---- RIGHT NEXT TO THE FIRST ONE! How cool (and weird) is that?

As of 2:10pm EDT you can still get $800 tickets in pairs but even those are at about mid-court or center ice or what have you. It would appear the front half of the house is being sold to the GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE customers beginning at $900+ per!!!

What this means is EVEN THE PEOPLE BUYING THE $800 SEATS ARE GETTING HOSED!.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:15

Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity

My mean/rowdy comments are to other people, not you LB. You did good.
I always make exceptions for a beautiful woman, like you. Great picture smiling smiley

I didn't take your comments as mean Max'sKS, so no worries, and thanks for the compliment. I'm sure I'll go back and forth on whether or not to keep the ticket for a few days. The whole thing feels a bit like high stakes gambling...with a questionable payoff.

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:23

Try Virgin Air into Philly - I flew Philly to LAX round tripe for under $300...
Newark is about a 2 hour drive from Philadelphia.

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:25

Congratulations to all who got the tickets. I was offered two tickets at 800 USD in a very bad place and I didnt take them. Have to say that I already have two VIP packages for London so paying another big amount for bad tickets was not my plan.

I would love to see them in NJ and ready to pay a high price for good tickets or lower price for not so good ones...but paying a lot for bad ones was not so good...Anyway I will try again on Friday!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:28

I am so tempted to post "my" GA ticket on Stubhub for $999999 - maybe some hedge fund banker will buy it to boast he got the highest priced ticked ever for the Stones... and then I'll go ahead and buy an actual overpriced ticket for myself.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:39

R
I set up two computers. One with my AMEX info and the other with a friends. I then went back and forth. I was unable to pull up two $500 seats together so I went for a single. BOOM! Got one in the rear mezzanine using my buddy's info. Went to my account for one and got a "no." Went back for another single on my buddy's account and BOOM! Got a second seat in the rear mezzanine ---- RIGHT NEXT TO THE FIRST ONE! How cool (and weird) is that?

As of 2:10pm EDT you can still get $800 tickets in pairs but even those are at about mid-court or center ice or what have you. It would appear the front half of the house is being sold to the GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE customers beginning at $900+ per!!!

I thought you had told them to stuff it! Dont do it! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:40

Max'sKansasCity

that is hilarious!!!-

i've said it before and i'll say it again,go the night of the show with $100 in your hand and you get in.there will be more people in the parking lot trying to sell tickets than people actually sitting inside the arena.
these idiots are gonna get a hard lesson in mathematics.the question-why jethro couldnt sell a concert ticket for $5000 in the worst economy since the great depression.

maybe take $150 with you just to be safe.

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:44

Gazza
R

I thought you had told them to stuff it! Dont do it! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

After much soul searching I changed my mind. What's done is done.

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:47

I screwed around with this off and on for several hours. Just about the time I was ready to give up I got 2 tickets in section 21 lower level. These are much better than the ones I was offered earlier in sections 4 and 5.
I can live with these!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:56

The Amex tickets appear to be 'sold out' for the Dec. 13 show...didn't check the Dec 15 date.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: October 23, 2012 01:44

halup what section.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:03

Sec 20 is WAY BACK...for $800...no thanks!

Date: October 23, 2012 02:35

Let´s drink to the hardworking people, let´s drink to the

SALT OF THE EARTH !

Anyway: Enjoy the show !!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:39

On another note, you can see RUSH on its current tour for incredibly reasonable prices.

If classic rock is not your thing check out the Stones tinged Blitzen Trapper. They're fantastic and incredibly reasonable as well..

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 23, 2012 03:55

mickschix
Sec 20 is WAY BACK...for $800...no thanks!

They were $1200

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 23, 2012 04:10

Max'sKansasCity

This is the best thing I've seen here in a long time!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 23, 2012 04:16

Max'sKansasCity
Thanks Max, you have made my evening...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 23, 2012 04:33

grinning smiley Thanks you guys... makes me smile...
but all credit goes to schillid, it is his artwork, I was just hypnotizing you.... give me all you money, give me all your gold, give me the house on Zuma beach... give me all of everything you own...

ahahahha.... That was my Mick imitation....

smileys with beer Cheers Ya'll cool smiley

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: October 23, 2012 05:22

Kurt

Damn.

I'm sad.

Exact thing happend to me today. The first try and section 22 row 8 two Total $2,400 Then as I began to check out tickets side by side. I was feeling lucky and ready to proceed. Boom.
I came to my senses and let the tickets go

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 05:23 by GADAWG.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: October 23, 2012 13:14

GADAWG
Kurt

Damn.

I'm sad.

Exact thing happend to me today. The first try and section 22 row 8 two Total $2,400 Then as I began to check out tickets side by side. I was feeling lucky and ready to proceed. Boom.
I came to my senses and let the tickets go

Same thing for me... I have tried a tongue pit package for Newark and was successful.
A dream ticket I think, but with a dream price ($ 1850) and I let it go. Let's go back to reality.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 23, 2012 15:29

Max'sKansasCity

good one

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 23, 2012 17:50

Max'sKansasCity
SomeTorontoGirl
The only prices showing up now are $450 and $750. And I'm in a 15 minute wait death spiral. Shite!

EEeerg, was offered a $813 ticket in section 20. No can do. Double shite!

800 bucks for a crappy balcony seat? ?
That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard
in all my concert going days... you are wise for passing.

Fk everything about this nonsense.

Yeah, but remember, "Membership Has Its Privileges" lol
(I agree with you though..)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home