Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Luxury - 4:20 or 5:01
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2024 05:24

Taylor1
Moonlight Mile was supposedly edited down a few minutes

A LOT of songs on albums were edited down.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2024 05:47

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
Same with Wanna Hold You.

Actually Wanna Hold You was originally released with both versions on LP, from what I understand ... USA version had the shorter one and the UK version had the longer one.

I thought only the cassette had the long version. I had the cassette, and later I got the vinyl with the shorter version.

That's what it states on Track Talk for Wanna Hold You:
Track Talk -- Wanna Hold You
so I guess you're right.

Ha ha

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 7, 2024 08:15

So, is the ‘cold-ending’ Paint it, Black, from Guitar Hero III, a genuine mix by the Stones, or something created for the game?

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: January 7, 2024 10:05

Big Al
So, is the ‘cold-ending’ Paint it, Black, from Guitar Hero III, a genuine mix by the Stones, or something created for the game?

Good question, but I think, if you use the multitracks that are circulating (under the title "Isolated Tracks"), you can create this ending by using a piece from the middle of the song.

PIB: [www.youtube.com]

GS: [www.youtube.com]

SFTD: [www.youtube.com]

SCB: [www.youtube.com]

HTW: [www.youtube.com]

And something funny: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-07 10:23 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 7, 2024 18:17

GasLightStreet
Taylor1
Moonlight Mile was supposedly edited down a few minutes

A LOT of songs on albums were edited down.
Yes but this is one of their greatest songs.I would like to hear a 10 minute version!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 7, 2024 23:21

Big Al

To my ears, it's clearly an edit specific for Guitar Hero, I doubt it's a genuine mix by the Stones ... I think the point of the game (never played it, my kids did) is that you play until the song completes, so I guess they don't use 'fade out' tracks unless they edit them.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 8, 2024 00:56

DandelionPowderman
exilestones
Luxury is a longer version of the song (a little more at the end of the song - more Mick Taylor lead). Same song but a little more of it.

Paint It Black had a shorter (3:22) and longer version (3:45) released. The longer version was only released in mono. I believe the longer Paint It Black is on Forty Licks.

An even longer version of Paint It Black came from the game Guitar Hero (3:50) and has a cold ending making it a little longer than the version released on Rolling Stones albums.

Taylor doesn't play on Luxury.

He probably did and Keef wiped it. Oh, Keef.

Date: January 8, 2024 08:45

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
exilestones
Luxury is a longer version of the song (a little more at the end of the song - more Mick Taylor lead). Same song but a little more of it.

Paint It Black had a shorter (3:22) and longer version (3:45) released. The longer version was only released in mono. I believe the longer Paint It Black is on Forty Licks.

An even longer version of Paint It Black came from the game Guitar Hero (3:50) and has a cold ending making it a little longer than the version released on Rolling Stones albums.

Taylor doesn't play on Luxury.

He probably did and Keef wiped it. Oh, Keef.

Haha - more likely that he was absent from that part of the sessions smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home