Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Luxury - 4:20 or 5:01
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2024 05:24

Taylor1
Moonlight Mile was supposedly edited down a few minutes

A LOT of songs on albums were edited down.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2024 05:47

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
Same with Wanna Hold You.

Actually Wanna Hold You was originally released with both versions on LP, from what I understand ... USA version had the shorter one and the UK version had the longer one.

I thought only the cassette had the long version. I had the cassette, and later I got the vinyl with the shorter version.

That's what it states on Track Talk for Wanna Hold You:
Track Talk -- Wanna Hold You
so I guess you're right.

Ha ha

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 7, 2024 08:15

So, is the ‘cold-ending’ Paint it, Black, from Guitar Hero III, a genuine mix by the Stones, or something created for the game?

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: January 7, 2024 10:05

Big Al
So, is the ‘cold-ending’ Paint it, Black, from Guitar Hero III, a genuine mix by the Stones, or something created for the game?

Good question, but I think, if you use the multitracks that are circulating (under the title "Isolated Tracks"), you can create this ending by using a piece from the middle of the song.

PIB: [www.youtube.com]

GS: [www.youtube.com]

SFTD: [www.youtube.com]

SCB: [www.youtube.com]

HTW: [www.youtube.com]

And something funny: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-07 10:23 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 7, 2024 18:17

GasLightStreet
Taylor1
Moonlight Mile was supposedly edited down a few minutes

A LOT of songs on albums were edited down.
Yes but this is one of their greatest songs.I would like to hear a 10 minute version!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 7, 2024 23:21

Big Al

To my ears, it's clearly an edit specific for Guitar Hero, I doubt it's a genuine mix by the Stones ... I think the point of the game (never played it, my kids did) is that you play until the song completes, so I guess they don't use 'fade out' tracks unless they edit them.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 8, 2024 00:56

DandelionPowderman
exilestones
Luxury is a longer version of the song (a little more at the end of the song - more Mick Taylor lead). Same song but a little more of it.

Paint It Black had a shorter (3:22) and longer version (3:45) released. The longer version was only released in mono. I believe the longer Paint It Black is on Forty Licks.

An even longer version of Paint It Black came from the game Guitar Hero (3:50) and has a cold ending making it a little longer than the version released on Rolling Stones albums.

Taylor doesn't play on Luxury.

He probably did and Keef wiped it. Oh, Keef.

Date: January 8, 2024 08:45

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
exilestones
Luxury is a longer version of the song (a little more at the end of the song - more Mick Taylor lead). Same song but a little more of it.

Paint It Black had a shorter (3:22) and longer version (3:45) released. The longer version was only released in mono. I believe the longer Paint It Black is on Forty Licks.

An even longer version of Paint It Black came from the game Guitar Hero (3:50) and has a cold ending making it a little longer than the version released on Rolling Stones albums.

Taylor doesn't play on Luxury.

He probably did and Keef wiped it. Oh, Keef.

Haha - more likely that he was absent from that part of the sessions smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home