Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Protest pages against high ticket prices on Facebook
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 21, 2012 17:08

Continues to amaze me the vitriol spewed by certain people who feel they can afford to go towards fans that either do not have the money, or do not feel the desired to waste so much money.

Very low class.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 21, 2012 17:09

BingotheCabbie
More Hot Rocks
Just becasue you can't afford a ticket doesn't mean people that do aren't real fans. IF your in your 50's or 60's and don't have money in the bank by now that your fault.

I have to chime in here. If you're going to scold people about how much money they should have at a certain point in their life, that's one thing. Please scold them using proper english. Know when to use, your and you're. Also spell because the correct way. Comma's are a useful tool.

I wonder how much of life has passed you by?

You really come off as a twat.

Commas are indeed a useful tool but completely wrong in the way you used one.
I suggest that before you correct other people's (note correct usage) grammar that you make sure that yours is correct otherwise you might "come off as a twat" yourself.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: BingotheCabbie ()
Date: October 21, 2012 18:06

Deltics
BingotheCabbie
More Hot Rocks
Just becasue you can't afford a ticket doesn't mean people that do aren't real fans. IF your in your 50's or 60's and don't have money in the bank by now that your fault.

I have to chime in here. If you're going to scold people about how much money they should have at a certain point in their life, that's one thing. Please scold them using proper english. Know when to use, your and you're. Also spell because the correct way. Comma's are a useful tool.

I suggest that before you correct other people's (note correct usage) grammar that you make sure that yours is correct otherwise you might "come off as a twat" yourself.

lol,,,,,,,, cheers. <<<<<<<misuse intentional, that's a misuse of the apostrophe in the example you sited. Thanks and cheers again. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 18:09 by BingotheCabbie.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: October 21, 2012 18:10

Doxa
Phil Good
To those who are complaining.

I really can't understand all the fighting about prices. ...who is a fool, ... ignorant, ... the Stones are not loyal to their true fans ... etc.

That all just makes me laughing. I'm friend with people who not even care
if the prices are 2.500 $ or 5.500 $. They will buy the tickets, have a good time and after
the show they will have dinner and party that will cost them more than twice that much.
And no, they are no ignorants. They have worked hard to get there and now
they are enjoying their lives. They are cool people.
So just try to keep it cool too.

So you think the shows should only be directed to the "cool people" you are friends with? And the rest can go to hell?

- Doxa

Honestly, I don't get it why grown men/women should feel like "going to hell" just because some concert tickets are out of their ballpark.
I attended my first Stones concert in 1967. Can't say how many times I saw them over the last 45 years. About 30 times I guess. This summer I turned 60
and most likely I will not see them doing their last gigs. But believe it to me,there are more important things in life to worry about.

Phil

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 21, 2012 18:23

His Majesty
More Hot Rocks
IF your in your 50's or 60's and don't have money in the bank by now that your fault.

You are very ignorant.

I'll qualify this by saying that in your above post you show no understanding for how cruel life can be to people.

Through no fault of their own there are many reasons why someone might not have money in the bank by the time they reach their 50's or 60's.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 21, 2012 18:36

More Hot Rocks

A very, very douchey thing tho say.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 21, 2012 19:08

BingotheCabbie
Deltics
BingotheCabbie
More Hot Rocks

lol,,,,,,,, cheers. <<<<<<<misuse intentional, that's a misuse of the apostrophe in the example you sited. Thanks and cheers again. :-)

I think you'll find that my use of the apostrophe was quite correct unlike your spelling of the word "cited" which, I'm sure, you'll tell us was also intentional.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 14:28 by Deltics.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 22, 2012 01:34

melillo
More Hot Rocks

right so thats why you work all your life to spend $2500 on a stones ticket, thats just brilliant, you are an absolute fool

Actually I didn't make this money working all my life. I bought stock in Apple years ago and sat on my ass. ,,,,,,fool.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 22, 2012 01:53

wow i guess you told me, if you read closely youi will see no one likes you here

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 22, 2012 03:42

More Hot Rocks
melillo
More Hot Rocks

right so thats why you work all your life to spend $2500 on a stones ticket, thats just brilliant, you are an absolute fool

Actually I didn't make this money working all my life. I bought stock in Apple years ago and sat on my ass. ,,,,,,fool.

Hey,you forgot the people in their 40´s.
To make it clear...your post is simply bullshit.

Date: October 22, 2012 11:57

One of the pages, Rolling Stones : LIKE IT !!! -> To protest against the high cost of tickets, aims at 10000 "likes" to send a copy to the Stones management. It doesn't look promising at all, they only got 133 until now.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 22, 2012 14:21

Its a very honourable stance but as the Stones and the promoters now have their money in the bank and the tickets are officially 'sold' (although the seats are nowhere near filled), I think most people realise its like banging your head off a brick wall.

the band dont give a s**t. Their fanbase is beneath their contempt. Its as simple as that. The only possible 'plus' that can come out of all of this is that when they tour properly in 2013, they'll a) do something to prevent tickets being bought up and resold at inflated prices and b) make the shows more affordable.

By doing a) it makes it harder for them to sell what were already very highly priced tickets, so its not in their or the promoters financial interest to do anything. The only way is that between now and then there is some legal crackdown on this and thats unlikely.

Option b) simply isnt going to happen if they can get away with a). Stones ticket prices only ever go in one direction, and thats up. As they're aware that there are enough brokers and scalpers around, they're quite happy to let THEM take the strain of offloading the tickets

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 14:23 by Gazza.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 22, 2012 14:23

Gazza
Its a very honourable stance but as the Stones and the promoters now have their money in the bank and the tickets are officially 'sold' (although the seats are nowhere near filled), I think most people realise its like banging your head off a brick wall.

the band dont give a s**t. Its as simple as that. The only possible 'plus' that can come out of all of this is that when they tour properly in 2013, they'll a) do something to prevent tickets being bought up and resold at inflated prices and b) make the shows more affordable.

By doing a) it makes it harder for them to sell what were already very highly priced tickets, so its not in their or the promoters financial interest to do anything. The only way is that between now and then there is some legal crackdown on this and thats unlikely.

Option b) simply isnt going to happen if they can get away with a). Stones ticket prices only ever go in one direction, and thats up. As they're aware that there are enough brokers and scalpers around, they're quite happy to let THEM take the strain of offloading the tickets
Very True Gazza...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 22, 2012 14:27

The problem is that fans can't be focused into the same channel for expressing their dislikes. Their are too many initiatives. Why three facebook projects? And then 5 messageboards, 100 online newspapers.
Hell, even on this board we have two facebookthreads already! Look it up, the other one must be on page 26 by now.

That's excaclty the strategy, by the way, by the sellers. Creating non-transparency and non-collectiveness.

The fact that everyone is individually behind their computers trying to get a ticket, instead of a well organised, transparant process with fixed prices and one ticketcounter or telephoneline.
In the old days, when you were standing in line being unhappy about something, you could collectively start a riot (or a protest at least).
Modern technology has improved sellers' chances of being non transparent thus optimising their profits.

If everyone decides to protest in his own preferred way, with the main purpose to be the one that changed the world, it will never make an impression.
What was the merit of this 'individualism' again? My ass, individualism is a marketing technology based on 'divide and rule'. And there we are.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 22, 2012 14:42

Gazza
The only possible 'plus' that can come out of all of this is that when they tour properly in 2013, they'll a) do something to prevent tickets being bought up and resold at inflated prices and b) make the shows more affordable.

Option b) simply isnt going to happen if they can get away with a)

Nonono.... Option a) is not going to happen either. Don't forget that 'they' is not the Stones (since they don't care) but the others, the ticketsmasters cum suis.

And it just is not in your interest to prevent tickets from being bought up if you're also running scalpingtout.com.

Why do you think the ticketselling, as one of the few businesses, has not adepted the print-at-home ticket system? These tickets get e-mailed to you in pdf and have your name printed on it with which you have to identify yourself at the venue.
In ohter businesses, like train ticketing, this is considered highly efficient. It is way easier, cheaper and there's no postal mailing involved with all its flaws.

Yet ticketmaster c.s. still hold on to old fashioned sending by royal mail (costing 30 pounds to Europe!). They're made to be resold!

Date: October 22, 2012 14:53

Thats sort of my point, Limbo. Option a) isnt going to happen because the system allows them to get away with it and between themselves, the promoters and the ticket agencies they have a sort of unholy alliance to generate revenue by fleecing the gullible and desperate.

The only issue where we appear to differ, as far as I can see, is the extent of Stones inc's involvement. In my opinion they're every bit as much to blame as its within their power to dictate some kind of code of ethics to the promoter and TM re ticket distribution. They choose not to. Their involvement is actually worse because for TM and the promoters, I dont really expect them to care who gets tickets as its 100% about business. Its not unreasonable to expect the artist to be a BIT fan friendly at least and be concerned to some degree that their fanbase are being shafted. Some bands do, but sadly, not this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 14:54 by Gazza.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 22, 2012 15:29

But these are at least somehow special concerts - and only 4. I can't see them taking these prices on a full tour in more normal places. But of course it won't be much less.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 22, 2012 15:43

It is a joke to dream protest pages on FB will change anything about how this all works... it is all as rigged as the tour de france.

Date: October 22, 2012 16:00

Max'sKansasCity
It is a joke to dream protest pages on FB will change anything about how this all works... it is all as rigged as the tour de france.

If Armstrong can have his 7 Tour de Frances stripped from him, can we have the Stones' $25 million back as well?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:22

corriecas
More Hot Rocks

you are a completely and insone moron, fool and a twat.
you dont know what you are saying.

hope if you have a job, you get fired andwont be able to go to concerts.

You are completely ignorant and probably dont have any brains

jeroen

jeroen, that,was,not,nice,now,say,your,sorry,

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:25

"I wouldn't exclude anyone, including band members"

OK, Fantasy Hour is Over Now...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:31

If they all dropped dead of heart attacks on stage right after the last note at the 12/15 show, then maybe it might be worth the dough.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:38

More Hot Rocks
No its not, its the f...... Stones fault. I fit this age group and I am skint. Why? Seen every European Tour since 73 in various countries by re-mortgaging the house more than once. Not my fault!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:46

More Hot Rocks
well i am 46 , i can afford to go but i will stay home because i don't find correct to spend all that money + flight + hotel for a concert, even if it is my favourite band in the universe. That's it. It is not my concept of r'n'r anymore. Beside that, if you are happy to go seems perfect to' me. Have fun

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:51

shortfatfanny
More Hot Rocks
melillo
More Hot Rocks

Really? You don't have any money? Who's fault is that? Don't spend money on hookers and you will.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 22, 2012 18:32

More Hot Rocks
shortfatfanny
More Hot Rocks
melillo
More Hot Rocks

Really? You don't have any money? Who's fault is that? Don't spend money on hookers and you will.

It's the hookers fault for charging so much..

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 22, 2012 18:51

Damn it ! 47 years old and not rolling in it.

Shouldn't have spent it all on hookers and crack. Wasted the rest on Stones tickets.

Lesson learnt there eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1405
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home