Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 43
Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: October 20, 2012 11:36

hère is à new rumour . According to a serions french newspaper the rolling stones are going to play on 29/10/2012 à secret gig to some VIP. This Will Take place In théâtre mogador In Paris.

[www.lepoint.fr]

Quelques happy few parisiens ont reçu une mystérieuse invitation. Lundi 29 octobre, la société de gestion Carmignac invite la crème de la crème à un concert exceptionnel au théâtre Mogador. Le "bristol" ne mentionne pas le titre du spectacle ou l'objet de l'invitation, mais un alléchant "the biggest secret event of the year", "le plus grand secret de l'année". Rien que ça ! La comédie musicale Sister Act, qui se joue actuellement sur la scène de ce théâtre du 9e arrondissement de Paris, ne semble pas justifier un tel frontispice. La rumeur bien informée évoque un concert secret des Rolling Stones. Mick Jagger et ses amis ont dévoilé les dates de quatre prestations à Londres puis aux États-Unis en novembre et en décembre. Ce "show case" parisien aura donc l'allure d'une répétition générale. À huis clos, car téléphones portables et appareils photo devront rester au vestiaire. Les Stones valent bien un instant de recueillement...

Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 20, 2012 11:41

"It seems to be ready....".

Date: October 20, 2012 11:47

Capacity is roughly 1,600 with a downfloor of 800.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 20, 2012 12:25

Hm, interesting. But a warm up gig 4 weeks before the actual gigs seems to be a bit early.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 20, 2012 12:35

Were I French this is the gig I would go for. I'm sure there is a way of getting in here without being a bigwig. And, most probably, to a price 1/100 of the London ones.

Date: October 20, 2012 12:42

We will try if real.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 20, 2012 13:17

!! this is during the holidays... won't be around Paris sad smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-20 13:18 by toomuchforme.

Date: October 20, 2012 13:32

toomuchforme
!! this is during the holidays... won't be around Paris sad smiley
Damned.

Date: October 20, 2012 13:49

Hopefully normal people and not just VIPs with invitation can get in there, if it's really a Stones gig. The VIPs already have a bigger chance to be able to afford the other shows in London and Newark. Maybe this concert will be affordable.

Good look to the French fans. If they don't let you in demonstrate and scream "We are the fans! We are the fans!" Worked already with "We are the people! (Wir sind das Volk)" in the former German Democraric Republic (DDR). moody smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-20 14:08 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 20, 2012 13:51

latvianinexile
Hm, interesting. But a warm up gig 4 weeks before the actual gigs seems to be a bit early.

Maybe it'll be the first of a couple or few around & about..........

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 20, 2012 14:22

From my experience with rehearsal gigs in Toronto, the timing does seem to be right. They'll do the gig, sit down and seriously watch the tapes, then return to rehearsals for another three weeks or so.

It also falls into what I've been hearing:
- the gig will be in Paris (not London)
- the timing is bang on.

smoking smiley

ETA: Oh and 'normal people' should be able to get in. Just be patient, inventive and always respectful to the handlers, etc.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-20 14:25 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 20, 2012 14:22

It makes sense that they will play a club gig or several before the London shows. After 5 years away from it as a band, they need to get reacquainted with the stage. Paris is cool place for that.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: October 20, 2012 15:50

It is à good timing. The théâtre Will be free on the 29th. Monday is off. So we can imagine. To be followed...

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: October 20, 2012 16:09

The questions that I have may seem ridiculous, but is there a reliable way of knowing if this is true? And, if so, is there a reliable way to get tickets? I don't have much money, so I can't take risks, but it would be a dream to attend to a secret gig.

Date: October 20, 2012 16:15

capsula
The questions that I have may seem ridiculous, but is there a reliable way of knowing if this is true? And, if so, is there a reliable way to get tickets? I don't have much money, so I can't take risks, but it would be a dream to attend to a secret gig.

It's not a silly set of questions. Really, the ONLY way to be certain is to have someone (a runner) watching to see if trucks are taking the equipment to the venue. They start setting up the venue (securing it, trucks coming and going) about ONE DAY before the gig. All the other preparations are done quietly and it's difficult to know.

If you have a local scalper.....he'll know for certain.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 20, 2012 16:24

Its odd that this one is labelled "for VIPs"...It seemed the whole 4 show run is for VIPs

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 20, 2012 18:25

From a "source sûre " ,the meeting didn't take place at Mogador .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 20, 2012 18:27

SwayStones

I hope you make it into this show Sway... it is a good chance.

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: October 20, 2012 18:30

SwayStones

What meeting ?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 20, 2012 18:33

Max,the package left two days ago .E- mail me .
Kisses Al Pacino

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: October 20, 2012 18:43

I know someone who has received the invitation for the Mogador.
But i don't know if that's for the Stones.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: October 20, 2012 19:14

marclaff

It isn't...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 20, 2012 19:31

It's for Johnny Halliday!

Date: October 20, 2012 19:33

Will they release the Toronto Live 2005 download on stonesarchive.com later for European fans as a hint on or in context of this possible warm up gig in Paris? The show in Toronto was a warm up gig, too, and Keith talks a lot about the necessity to warm up in the video about the google release. I try to make sense of the fact, that it's already available for people in the US, but in Europe people are waiting, which hasn't been the case with the releases before. Do they think people won't fly in to Paris because of this rumour anyway, so they can give it to them earlier?

Or they released it on Google too early accidentally, I mean, it's strange they didn't even report the release on Facebook or Twitter or their website yet, right? They always did with the other albums. So maybe they were a week or so too early on Google, while it was actually planned to release it together with information about the secret gig.

Or, third possible variation of a reason for the delay: In Europe fans were busy with pre-sale of concert tickets and the Hurricane premiere, while the pre-sale in the US started later, so they gave them something to do in the US in between (Toronto 2005 download), Europe will get it a little later. Still I see the album release at this time in the context of a coming warm up gig.

Keith mentions Toronto of course a lot, and Toronto isn't exactly Paris, so it could mean nothing. But there is really much talking about small clubs in the video... and it seems to be the perfect time for this release if you look at the context of a possible warm up gig now.

Rolling Stones: "We're A Club Band"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-20 20:36 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: October 20, 2012 19:34

This gig is very much on.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: October 20, 2012 19:48

Thank you very much Cocaine Eyes, I'm afraid that I don't have sources. I will be alert just in case a miracle happens and I can be there!

Date: October 20, 2012 20:38

Good luck to everyone in Paris. Hopefully, they'll stop traffic like they did here in Toronto:

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: October 20, 2012 21:27

More importantly - I hope someone records it.

Date: October 20, 2012 21:31

strettonbull
More importantly - I hope someone records it.

They'll record it; someone will get greedy; it'll get out. Simple, really.

smoking smiley

Date: October 20, 2012 22:48

marclaff
I know someone who has received the invitation for the Mogador.

So That means something Will happen... What Time ? Your "some one" is journalist ? You wrote too much and enough... Let us know Buddy

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home