Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith claims he did not know about the tour until last week..WTF
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:58

In all honesty with so many threads l don't know if this has been posted,if it has,BV or any of his assistants can delete this one..
We all know how Keith loves the spotlight,and is always embellishing facts,so he looks cool,but this statement tops the cake. l thought last week he said something to the effect that "his" band was rehearsing,l mean all of sudden Mick tells him we are going on tour,and he just picks up his guitar,and says goodbye to the family?.Total bullshit and a lie...
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: Keith claims he did not know about the tour until last week..WTF
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:08

Don't believe everything....well I should say don't believe anything you read in the Daily Mail.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:10

Is this some kind of scandal?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:20

what he probably meant was he didnt hear it was confirmed until then

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:42

lettingitbleed
Don't believe everything....well I should say don't believe anything you read in the Daily Mail.
True that,l don't know what kind of paper The Daily Mail is,it could be a gossip rag ala New York Post,but the statement defenetely sounds like the kind of BS that Keith loves to spout....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:47

Yeah, I don't know that we can really blame The Daily Mail for Keith Richards now standard dose of nonsense.

Date: October 19, 2012 02:55

To me it sounds like he didn't know about the concrete DATES. Of course he knew they were rehearsing for the purpose of going on a stage in the near future. Didn't somebody state here recently, that the concrete dates were made by the promoter, the band just has to keep a time frame free of other business? Keith said, he believed they booked gigs in London and New York a week ago, didn't he? Maybe that was shortly after he got the news of confirmed dates. But I wonder if Mick knew more before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 02:56 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:57

StrawberriesBlueberries
To me it sounds lie he didn't know about the concrete dates. Of course he new they were rehearsing for the purpose of going on a stage in the near future. Didn't somebody state here recently, that the concrete dates were made by the promoter, the band just has to keep a time frame free of other business? Keith said be believed they booked gigs in London and New York a week ago, didn't he? Maybe that was shortly after he got the news of confirmed dates. Could be true. But I wonder if Mick knew more before.

Ronnie did say several months ago Mick told him to keep November and December open, so that makes sense.

Date: October 19, 2012 02:58

melillo
thumbs up

Date: October 19, 2012 03:01

Maybe even the Barclays Centre was really an option until some time ago, so that's where the rumour about that venue might have come from. It's possible, the way it turned out now just developed recently. So I don't thinks it's necessarily bullshit from Keith.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 19, 2012 03:54

Well, not surprising. It seemed he didn't know that Mick Taylor had played on PMS until after the fact.

Date: October 19, 2012 04:02

It's good to believe something, it's good to believe anything! Ah ha ha harrrrgh!

Posted by: hoopsmccann ()
Date: October 19, 2012 05:28

"it's been a bit of a secret from me until about a week ago as to exactly what was happening"

"EXACTLY what was happening" is VERY different from "he didn't know about tour until 'a week ago'

Spin, Slander, B.S., Headlines, out of context etc

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 19, 2012 05:41

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
It's good to believe something, it's good to believe anything! Ah ha ha harrrrgh!
Good one! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 19, 2012 07:42

er... is keith aware that he is expected to actually play guitar or....will someone let him know when they launch into the first number?....

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: October 19, 2012 09:00

71Tele
Well, not surprising. It seemed he didn't know that Mick Taylor had played on PMS until after the fact.

About 6 months after the fact, to be precise.

Date: October 19, 2012 09:14

This would confirm (and it seems reasonable) that everything has depended on Jagger. Jagger has appraised, evaluated his own (ant the rest of the band's) abilitiy to tour. Jagger would have also appraised for instance late Keith perfomance on stage and the budget, income statement of the next gigs and so on. Then ultimately his decision would have been confirmed to Keith at the las minute. Just a thought.

Date: October 19, 2012 09:14

If he didn't hear about Taylor doing the quick overdub, that shouldn't be so strange?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 19, 2012 09:25

emotionalbarbecue
This would confirm (and it seems reasonable) that everything has depended on Jagger. Jagger has appraised, evaluated his own (ant the rest of the band's) abilitiy to tour. Jagger would have also appraised for instance late Keith perfomance on stage and the budget, income statement of the next gigs and so on. Then ultimately his decision would have been confirmed to Keith at the las minute. Just a thought.

I dont know how their dynamic really works, but I can sympathize that at some point in a deal, if one is making good money, and things are moving forward, then maybe there is no real point in exerting lot of effort arguing and battling about things, only to have them wind up the same basic way in the end. Maybe Keith learned from 1983-1988... maybe he learned "why fight about it?" maybe just go along, to get along. I dont know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 09:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 19, 2012 09:55

emotionalbarbecue

The promoters let the band know the dates, and that was probably what Keith was talking about. It would be the same for Mick.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 19, 2012 11:57

Why on earth is Anthea Turner at the premiere ? She has Van Gogh's ear for music

Date: October 19, 2012 13:27

If (for instance) 1981 tour (to some people the last "classic" stones one: debatable) needed to be thoroughly prepared (in their fashion...) in Long View Farm...I wonder if they are currently musically fit, having had so little time to work together...

Date: October 19, 2012 13:31

emotionalbarbecue
If (for instance) 1981 tour (to some people the last "classic" stones one: debatable) needed to be thoroughly prepared (in their fashion...) in Long View Farm...I wonder if they are currently musically fit, having had so little time to work together...

The rehearsal recordings from Paris say they are.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 19, 2012 14:13

melillo

I find it hard to believe that Keith Richards didnt know the Stones were playing the 02 on November 25 and 29 yet I and a few other fans have known the dates for about three weeks.

utter nonsense.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 19, 2012 14:26

keith is so cute and coy and cuddly....

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 19, 2012 15:53

ROPENI
In all honesty with so many threads l don't know if this has been posted,if it has,BV or any of his assistants can delete this one..
We all know how Keith loves the spotlight,and is always embellishing facts,so he looks cool,but this statement tops the cake. l thought last week he said something to the effect that "his" band was rehearsing,l mean all of sudden Mick tells him we are going on tour,and he just picks up his guitar,and says goodbye to the family?.Total bullshit and a lie...
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Why would he know about the tour ? - Keith is not the promoter and he's not the manager of the band - the concrete dates were made by the promoter, - I'm sure he knew they were going to do something and play somewhere, but why would the artist take care of the business side of things, when they have professional managers, agents, promoters, lawyers, assistants, etc etc ..to take care of the biz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 15:54 by seitan.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 19, 2012 15:57

The exact dates were not signed off until recently. But I am sure Keith had a reason for being at the rehearsals...

Bjornulf

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: October 19, 2012 15:59

Keith is an a**ehole of the highest order, forever perpetuating the image of some rock and roll troubador bringing music to the masses. Keith found out the exact same second as Mick about the dates, approved the extortionate ticket prices and doesn't give a flying f**k who can or can't afford to see him pretend to play guitar for ninety minutes. Rock and Roll is dead.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 19, 2012 17:34

Gazza
melillo

I find it hard to believe that Keith Richards didnt know the Stones were playing the 02 on November 25 and 29 yet I and a few other fans have known the dates for about three weeks.

utter nonsense.

just trying to give keith the benefit of the doubt

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 19, 2012 17:42

melillo
Gazza
melillo

utter nonsense.

just trying to give keith the benefit of the doubt

are you his mommy?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home