Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
open letter to the Stones re Tickeprices 02
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 17, 2012 18:45

This is a post for mick jagger,Keef, charlie and Ronnie

What the F.. are you doing

Fans supported you guys for 50 years!!
Now, there is a celebration with 4 shows. Thats great!!

But.. fans all over the world, average working people, or unemployed people, cant pay these prices!!! Yeah, if you have a big income, or your boss will supply you with tickets, then the 02 will sell out.

Myself, ive been a fan since 1973, seen you live 25 times.
The stress of will they, wont they tour nearly made me become an alcoholic.

But jezus christ, selling tickets at 650 pound each, and being forced to get the Brussels affair , again...Thats crazy

People have to fly to London, hotels etc..
Thats not a problem,if prices would have been at euro 150.

This is outrageous, and an insult for your fans.
I hope the diehard fans who got tickets will enjoy, but i think that the greater part of your audience at the 02 will be Rich, very rich people, who just wanna see you before you stop.

Its a big, big disappointment that you charge so high prices.
I know, you will say, its the fault of the promoter and that its got nothing to do with you.

But seriously, you all are millionaires. Except maybe for Ronnie.
had it not be nice, to give some free concerts, to thank the fans for their support and loyalty.

I know, posting this will get me a lot of shit from other people on this forum..

I dont care, i think it is a f... outrage you treat your fans this way.

jeroen

Re: open letter to the Stones re Tickeprices 02
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 18:49

A bit too long.

They can just f&*ck off with their caviar facials, their marketing and their endless sponsored prepresales and marketing crap: shorter and as efficient. yawning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 17, 2012 18:52

Dear Stones

You know how that rabbit feels going under your spinning wheels?
Blind images flashing by like a windshield towards a fly

Best

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 17, 2012 18:56

corriecas
jeroen

Err...get some help mate this is not good

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 17, 2012 18:58

i love the except for ronnie part! please support your local, irresponsible gunslinger.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 17, 2012 18:59

Posted a link to this in another thread yesterday, and it maybe fits in better with this thread. A good and very well balanced blog piece by someone whose obviously otherwise still a big fan :

[louderthanwar.com]

An open letter to Mick and Keef
Posted on October 16, 2012 by johnrobb

An open letter to Mick and Keef,

Dear Mick and Keef,

In some ways it’s good to have you back, especially as you have bothered to release a classic single this time. A single full of the dark stuff and grimy stink that, laced with that killer riff and sneering vocal, sits easily in the Stones canon.

I’ve never been one of the doubters. You know, one of those people who sneered at you because you were old. People have you been calling you old since you were young which must be a bit confusing. They were throwing the OAP card at you once you reached mighty age of 30 and yet you still carried on. Every time you came back you looked craggier and weirder which is a good thing! You took rock n roll into outer regions of age and proved it could be done.

Your records may have got less and less interesting after the early seventies but let’s face it who can keep up the flow of classics for ever but the clank and grind of the twin guitars and Keef’s insistence on the roll with the rock made you consistently great live and I’ve never seen you play a bad show even in those enormodromes where the life gets drained out of rock n roll. Keef’s book was great even if it did labour the point about Mick a bit too often and there is something about your crevassed faces peering out of the decades that is pretty empowering.

You have become though, as you once sang, respectable. Mick is a sir and Keef has been knighted by the music media, perceived as some kind of wild pirate whose swagger epitomizes rock n roll and a setter of the template for endless bands since then who want to play at pirates.

All this is fine but what I’m writing to you about is the ticket prices for your gigs which are really rubbing people’s faces in it. I doubt from the vantage point of a tropical island tax haven you will have noticed the recession yet but people, even your fans, are seriously broke out here and need to be cut a bit of slack.

You may not have noticed the backlash against greedy bankers and the rest of the establishment with their paws in the honey pot so I thought I had better tell you. People are getting pissed off out here and there are dark mutterings about greedy rock stars which is ironic because you were once seen as the vanguard of the counter culture that stood up against the establishment. Of course we now realise the counter culture was just a marketing term and you were as greedy, if not more greedy, than the people you once pretended to oppose as street fighting men.

I’m not foolish enough to believe that rock n roll was ever altruistic but there must be a limit to how much money you and the rest of the sixties dreamers can cram into your bank accounts. And I’m not claiming to be perfect here, I’m as greedy as the next person but c’mon even satanic majesties must have a limit!

I’m not writing to you asking you to give up all your wealth, god knows as a musician I know some of the money is well earned in this filthy business but surely you must have plenty by now! And stop skulking away Keef we are not fooled by your sozzled old pirate act, you know as much as Mick about all of this.

Perhaps there will come a point in your career when you put something back. Not like U2 or those charity millionaires- the Stones doing charity is an ugly thought. It doesn’t even need a grand gesture, just a bit of care and maybe cheaper ticket prices- afterall if you think rock n roll is about playing to an arena full of bankers waving bottles of champagne around you really need to get back in touch with reality.

I still love a lot of your records and your aura of invincible cool but a touch of reality would go a long way gentlemen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-17 19:00 by Gazza.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:02

Nice try but you're shouting in the desert, alone...

Posted by: stourbridgestone ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:05

thanks for sharing Gazza, an honest assessment IMHO.
doubt they give a crap though.

Date: October 17, 2012 19:09

stourbridgestone
thanks for sharing Gazza, an honest assessment IMHO.
doubt they give a crap though.

Yes, well written......would be so interesting to know if any of the band have read it.

Date: October 17, 2012 19:11

i guess it's therapeutic and cathartic for folks to write these missives? that's all i can imagine...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:16

corriecas

But.. fans all over the world, average working people, or unemployed people, cant pay these prices!!! Yeah, if you have a big income, or your boss will supply you with tickets, then the 02 will sell out.

But jezus christ, selling tickets at 650 pound each, and being forced to get the Brussels affair , again...Thats crazy

I hope the diehard fans who got tickets will enjoy, but i think that the greater part of your audience at the 02 will be Rich, very rich people, who just wanna see you before you stop.

I know, you will say, its the fault of the promoter and that its got nothing to do with you.

had it not be nice, to give some free concerts, to thank the fans for their support and loyalty.

I know, posting this will get me a lot of shit from other people on this forum..

jeroen

A bit pathetic, free concerts? It's Mr. Jagger we are talking about here, a former business student.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:22

Mick Jagger described himself as "an old prostitue". Prostitutes do not necesarrarily feel sympathy for their clients, and they rarely perform for free, even for their longtime clients.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:27

JumpinJeppeFlash

A bit pathetic, free concerts? It's Mr. Jagger we are talking about here, a former business student.

It took NO time for them to get the Toronto SARS show up and running. Ticket prices: five dollars. It could be done, it just won't.

If any member of the band ever read something like this, I'm 100% sure that they would not give a rat's ass. Which is why I'm not giving them another dime again. F$%& them.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:29

Hey Mick,

Is the following lyrics inspired by yourself?

We sell 'em missiles, We sell 'em tanks
We give 'em credit, You can call the bank
It's just a business, You can pay us in crude
You love these toys, just go play out your feuds
Got no pride, don't know whose boots to lick
We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:34

Gazza
Posted a link to this in another thread yesterday, and it maybe fits in better with this thread. A good and very well balanced blog piece by someone whose obviously otherwise still a big fan :

[louderthanwar.com]

Dear Mick and Keef,

In some ways it’s good to have you back, especially as you have bothered to release a classic single this time. A single full of the dark stuff and grimy stink that, laced with that killer riff and sneering vocal, sits easily in the Stones canon.

I’ve never been one of the doubters. You know, one of those people who sneered at you because you were old. People have you been calling you old since you were young which must be a bit confusing. They were throwing the OAP card at you once you reached mighty age of 30 and yet you still carried on. Every time you came back you looked craggier and weirder which is a good thing! You took rock n roll into outer regions of age and proved it could be done.

Your records may have got less and less interesting after the early seventies but let’s face it who can keep up the flow of classics for ever but the clank and grind of the twin guitars and Keef’s insistence on the roll with the rock made you consistently great live and I’ve never seen you play a bad show even in those enormodromes where the life gets drained out of rock n roll. Keef’s book was great even if it did labour the point about Mick a bit too often and there is something about your crevassed faces peering out of the decades that is pretty empowering.

You have become though, as you once sang, respectable. Mick is a sir and Keef has been knighted by the music media, perceived as some kind of wild pirate whose swagger epitomizes rock n roll and a setter of the template for endless bands since then who want to play at pirates.

All this is fine but what I’m writing to you about is the ticket prices for your gigs which are really rubbing people’s faces in it. I doubt from the vantage point of a tropical island tax haven you will have noticed the recession yet but people, even your fans, are seriously broke out here and need to be cut a bit of slack.

You may not have noticed the backlash against greedy bankers and the rest of the establishment with their paws in the honey pot so I thought I had better tell you. People are getting pissed off out here and there are dark mutterings about greedy rock stars which is ironic because you were once seen as the vanguard of the counter culture that stood up against the establishment. Of course we now realise the counter culture was just a marketing term and you were as greedy, if not more greedy, than the people you once pretended to oppose as street fighting men.

I’m not foolish enough to believe that rock n roll was ever altruistic but there must be a limit to how much money you and the rest of the sixties dreamers can cram into your bank accounts. And I’m not claiming to be perfect here, I’m as greedy as the next person but c’mon even satanic majesties must have a limit!

I’m not writing to you asking you to give up all your wealth, god knows as a musician I know some of the money is well earned in this filthy business but surely you must have plenty by now! And stop skulking away Keef we are not fooled by your sozzled old pirate act, you know as much as Mick about all of this.

Perhaps there will come a point in your career when you put something back. Not like U2 or those charity millionaires- the Stones doing charity is an ugly thought. It doesn’t even need a grand gesture, just a bit of care and maybe cheaper ticket prices- afterall if you think rock n roll is about playing to an arena full of bankers waving bottles of champagne around you really need to get back in touch with reality.

I still love a lot of your records and your aura of invincible cool but a touch of reality would go a long way gentlemen.
Well done - nicely said, Gazza. You have my vote for best letter. smoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:35

corriecas

jeroen

Publish this on Facebook, Twitter, Keith web site etc., then they might pay attention.
I once wrote to Keith on his website and got an answer back - not from Keith himself, but one in the office.
I think complaints like this would reach Keith's mind. Not sure about Jagger.

Date: October 17, 2012 19:35

thanks gazza for the attention to the link.

i wish everone who is gonna see the band in nov and dec a great time anyway, and hope they enjoy themselves.
i really mean this.

jeroen

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:38

I 'm looking forwards to the Rolling-Stones Concerts in 2013!!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:41

corriecas
jeroen
Aren't rich people allowed to be fans of music, as well? Do we have to put them all into a single group of non-fans and then proceed to piss all over them? Stones have poor fans, Stones have middle class fans, and Stones have rich fans. Can you not be a diehard fan and be rich at the same time???

Date: October 17, 2012 19:42

jamesfdouglas
JumpinJeppeFlash

It took NO time for them to get the Toronto SARS show up and running. Ticket prices: five dollars. It could be done, it just won't.

If any member of the band ever read something like this, I'm 100% sure that they would not give a rat's ass. Which is why I'm not giving them another dime again. F$%& them.

Yeah right, but they played a full scale tour back then in 2002-2003, they made enough money on the other shows. Now it´s only four shows and it´s far away from a big tour giving space for free or extremely cheap tickets.

Date: October 17, 2012 19:44

GumbootCloggeroo
corriecas
jeroen
Aren't rich people allowed to be fans of music, as well? Do we have to put them all into a single group of non-fans and then proceed to piss all over them? Stones have poor fans, Stones have middle class fans, and Stones have rich fans. Can you not be a diehard fan and be rich at the same time???

thumbs up

Date: October 17, 2012 19:46

GumbootCloggeroo
Can you not be a diehard fan and be rich at the same time???

it's much easier if you are dirt poor

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:48

JumpinJeppeFlash
GumbootCloggeroo
corriecas
jeroen

thumbs up
Sure - sign me up - donations welcomed...
Baby you're a rich fan... smoking smiley

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:57

I agree with GumbootClogeroo,

There are Stonesfans from all sorts as well millionaires

We all have a right to go and visit The Stones

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:58

Very long post for you jeroen,so I can see how deeply you feel about this real letdown for all us fans on IORR,RocksOff and many others.
I agree with all you say except the bit about Ronnie.
He has gotta be a multi -millionaire just like the others.
They have all got more money than anyone needs.They are like an ostrich with its head in the ground.They don't want to know or care about anyone but themselves and their families.Making more money when you don't need it is the driving force.We could all see it coming if the truth was known,but hoped that it could be more affordable to see them live for the last time.
Unfortunately us die-hard fans with limited resources are the ones who lose out. sad smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 17, 2012 20:04

JumpinJeppeFlash
jamesfdouglas
JumpinJeppeFlash

Yeah right, but they played a full scale tour back then in 2002-2003, they made enough money on the other shows. Now it´s only four shows and it´s far away from a big tour giving space for free or extremely cheap tickets.

Fair enough. But my point is... they don't NEED to do a ridiculous tour like the past. Are they beyond simply showing up somewhere, completely scaled back, you know, like lesser, mortal musicians and artists? Or (GASP!!!!)... play clubs???

We all know that they're demigods and only grace clubs for their own documentaries or music videos - to make them look "real". But they would never sweat it out FOR REAL in a club, or anywhere.

I guess it comes down to this. They aren't a real band in the sense at all anymore. We've been conditioned over the decades to think that what they're doing is "okay" or "just rrrrock and rollll", but it's bullshit. It's not okay to have such contempt for the people who put them where they are.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 17, 2012 20:05

runaway
I 'm looking forwards to the Rolling-Stones Concerts in 2013!!

So am i, so am i.
jeroen

Date: October 17, 2012 20:07

GumbootCloggeroo
corriecas
jeroen

sure, i did not mean that. if you are rich and a fan, great. good for you.
i meant rich people, who are not stones fans, and just go for the hell of it.
just to say, oh ive seen the Stones.
jeroen

Date: October 17, 2012 20:08

crawdaddy
Very long post for you jeroen,so I can see how deeply you feel about this real letdown for all us fans on IORR,RocksOff and many others.
I agree with all you say except the bit about Ronnie.
He has gotta be a multi -millionaire just like the others.
They have all got more money than anyone needs.They are like an ostrich with its head in the ground.They don't want to know or care about anyone but themselves and their families.Making more money when you don't need it is the driving force.We could all see it coming if the truth was known,but hoped that it could be more affordable to see them live for the last time.
Unfortunately us die-hard fans with limited resources are the ones who lose out. sad smiley

thank you kindly Crawdaddy
jeroen

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 17, 2012 20:08

Gazza

[louderthanwar.com]

Dear Mick and Keef,

Great quote from this excellent article..On the Money...
"After all if you think rock n roll is about playing to an arena full of bankers waving bottles of champagne around you really need to get back in touch with reality"thumbs up

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home