Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: How many of you are prepared to buy a RS concert ticket?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 9, 2012 09:10

I beleive it will be difficult no matter what the availablity or ticket prices will be. There's plenty of people (starf#&*ers) that will do anything for bragging rights, scoring tickets for a big event is their goal in life. It's hard to compete with that since there are so many, imo. Matter of fact I feel most people in todays rock concerts fall into that category. Maybe I'm wrong? Anyhow this time around I've decided that I'm not going to have any panic attics over concert tickets. Can't believe it, for the first time in my life I think I will be ok if I miss a Rolling Stones Tour. Regardless I hope there will be a tour and The Stones will roll for many more years. That's my wish, though seemingly not realistic.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 9, 2012 10:58

Not only I am prepared, I just can't wait to buy it!!!

C

Date: October 9, 2012 11:14

Will buy thumbs up

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 11:26

DaveG
Undecided. If it's the same old same old, I won't go. But, if there are some others joining the band (Bill, MT??) which probably won't happen, or if it is a vastly different setlist than the past few tours, I would consider spending the cash to see them.

Because they will tell us the setlist when they announce the shows

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 11:34

Justin
I can't even bring myself to the idea of maybe going to a NY show. The ticket will no doubt cost more than the plane ticket to get there. We'd need a true miracle to expect ticket prices to be at mangeable price range for fans to go considering many will have to travel to see them.

Exactly. NY is absolutely out of reach for me and the London show(s) would cost me fortune, so I am sure I won't see any of those, but if they start rolling this year, then I am optimistic about some shows the next year and then I am in. Being realistic, even that would be an expensive fun, demanding some travelling, booking hotels..., but I am willing to do it and to pay a reasonably high price for that.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 9, 2012 11:51

I won't ever buy any concert ticket for over 100 euros (again) , I'd just feel stupid if I did so; so I guess I won't be seeing Rolling Stones again.

Date: October 9, 2012 11:52

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 12:42 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 9, 2012 12:11

stonesrule
IF you have three weeks notice, how many of you are prepared to buy a ticket to a Rolling Stones concert ticket for a US show this year?

why do you ask?

Date: October 9, 2012 12:14

swiss
stonesrule
IF you have three weeks notice, how many of you are prepared to buy a ticket to a Rolling Stones concert ticket for a US show this year?

why do you ask?

"what's your favourite song on Exile?" "why do you ask?"
"what do you think about Main Offender?" "why do you ask?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 12:42 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 9, 2012 13:03

It will depend on the place, the date and the price.
People with job and family can't just decide to go and hop on a plane. I did so in 2002/3, I cannot do it anymore, but in a way I'm glad I can't.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 9, 2012 13:55

A month ago I would have said yes without hesitation, now the bank account is somewhat depleted so I am not sure. I have to be in NYC in Dec. to bring my girl home from college, so if the stars align then I will try to get a ticket. If not, then I am staying optimistic they will tour and I can catch them in DC next year.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 14:20

If they pay me $300 for a ticket, ex hotel and travel expenses, I might consider to go.

Date: October 9, 2012 14:22

VT22
If they pay me $300 for a ticket, ex hotel and travel expenses, I might consider to go.

Fandom at its best winking smiley

Date: October 9, 2012 14:32

DandelionPowderman
VT22

I have seen them twice, MKII and MKIII, I know what I'am talking about.smiling smiley
Unfortunately I was too young for MKI...

Date: October 9, 2012 14:47

VT22
DandelionPowderman
VT22

I have seen them twice, MKII and MKIII, I know what I'am talking about.smiling smiley

Just pulling your leg a bit smiling smiley

What is MK II & III, btw, second (Taylor) and third (Wood) era?

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: October 9, 2012 15:13

I've been so adamant about them never playing live again that I'll only believe they've done it until after they actually do. That said, the only possible way I'd go is if they came here to L.A., the tickets were affordable (as someone else said, $150.00 each or less) AND the set list was varied. I've seen enough 18-19 song shows. It's been almost six yers now, but I'd rather this ( [www.iorr.org] ) be the last show I see I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 02:38 by Long John Stoner.

Date: October 9, 2012 15:14

DandelionPowderman
VT22
DandelionPowderman
VT22

What is MK II & III, btw, second (Taylor) and third (Wood) era?

thumbs up

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: October 9, 2012 15:19

Doc
It will depend on the place, the date and the price.
People with job and family can't just decide to go and hop on a plane. I did so in 2002/3, I cannot do it anymore, but in a way I'm glad I can't.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 9, 2012 15:24

London only, not going to NYC.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 9, 2012 16:10

swiss
stonesrule

why do you ask?

stonesrule is actually Mick. Trying to get a feel for ticket sales if they're able to book Barclay's at a 'last minute discount'.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:10

tatters
I'm prepared to be the lucky 92nd caller if my local radio station is giving away an all expenses paid trip to New York or London.

That's Plan A for mesmileys with beer

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:17

If it's only 4 shows I'll try to see all 4 because I won't retire from my hobby 10 yards before the finish line.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:20

I'm hoping to get in.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:27

latvianinexile
If it's only 4 shows I'll try to see all 4 because I won't retire from my hobby 10 yards before the finish line.

Probably won't know until after these shows whether a regular tour will be scheduled. The way I look at it is, unless they are really ready to end it all, this is just their warm up act to a spring/summer 2013 tour (it just has to be winking smiley). So what do you do, gamble that this is it and go broke (for some) trying to see these shows or gamble that there will be more shows closer to where you live. I just love these decisions...

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:36

I really depends on how available the tickets will be. If 'I' can buy tickets from ticketmaster, then I'll go. I WILL NOT buy from StubHub, ebay, etc.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:36

I will not pay $500 just to "be in the building" with all the rich businessmen (who usually leave after an hour or so). In New York the scalpers rule so you can expect the usual "No tickets are available..." Ticketbastard message, 2 seconds after they go on sale. I paid $450 to see them from 3rd row side of stage at MSG last time and I have no regrets because I felt like I was on the stage. Great sight lines and acoustics. I would go for a similar deal at Barclay. So...yes, if the seats are good.

Date: October 9, 2012 17:49

Yes, I really want to go to any NY shows if I can afford/get tickets. As mentioned in another thread the Stones could probably sell out two Barclay's shows @$1000 a ticket. People will travel from all over the world to see them. Obviously, the Stones are not spring chickens anymore. And while there is great hope that there will be a 2013 tour with lots of shows, these may well be the last Stones concerts if they even happen at all. Hopefully, the Stones will instead do a lottery system for tickets or just randomly throw them up on Ticket Master for $60, ala the Beacon shows, with a 2 ticket limit, wristband pick up before show etc.etc. In spite of all the bitching about setlist's and the Stones can't play rubbish, I fully expect at least 50% of the people doing the complaining will be jumping through hoops to try to attend these shows.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 9, 2012 18:08

200 euro max. and airplane, hotel,alcohol.
its gonna be expensive.
i am just ann unemployed guy from holland, so i have to be aware of the money, my wife tells me

But.. my adrenaline is pumping and i wanna be there

so Mick,,give me a spare ticket please

jeroen

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 9, 2012 18:44

"Stonesrule is Mick.." Ha ha ha. He should be so lucky as to be me!

Why do I ask? In the nature of our regular conversaions here, it seems that many posters are diehard Stones fans while numerous others are simply are fixated on for tabloid stuff that happened decades ago.

But there are also many younger,new fans who have never seen the band. I suppose I wondered if those who didn't go to the concerts in the sixties or seventies are particularly eager to see a band that is quite a bit older than they are.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: October 9, 2012 18:52

i want to get the absolute worst seat in the house just to see what the experience is like.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home