Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ABKCO Releases Deluxe Box Set Content For "Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965"INCREDIBLE
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 28, 2012 12:10

This is great. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: ABKCO Releases Deluxe Box Set Content For "Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965"INCREDIBLE
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 28, 2012 12:17

How much known TV appearance footage is there from from the 60s? I reckon I've got at least four hours worth of stuff from Ready Steady Go, Thank Your Lucky Stars, Arthur Haynes Show, Top Of The Pops, Shindig and all those other American shows.

Anyone know if they appeared on German, French, Dutch or other European TV shows and if this material still exists?

Posted by: Cygnus02 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 14:26

according to ABKCO website
Rolling Stones - Charlie is my Darling – Ireland 1965

Original Soundtrack – track listing

1) Play With Fire - The Aranbee Pop Symphony Orchestra
2) Heart Of Stone - The Rolling Stones
3) Who Do You Like In The Group? - Peter Whitehead and Fans
4) The Last Time (Live) - The Rolling Stones
5) Time Is On My Side (Live) - The Rolling Stones
6) I´m Alright (Live) - The Rolling Stones
7) The Next House We´ll Turn The Screaming Down - Andrew Loog Oldham and Priest
8) Theme For A Rolling Stone - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
9) Nice Tea - The Rolling Stones and Andrew Loog Oldham
10) Maybe It´s Because I´m A Londoner - ALO Productions
11) Play With Fire - The Rolling Stones
12) Tell Me - Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Oldham
13) Heart Of Stone - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
14) Are You Going To The Show Tonight? - Peter Whitehead and Fans
15) Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Live) - The Rolling Stones
16) Pain In My Heart (Live) - The Rolling Stones
17) Blue Turns To Grey - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
18) Subconsciously Supernatural - Mick Jagger and Andrew Oldham
19) (I Can´t Get No) Satisfaction - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
20) The Moon In June - Mick Jagger
21) (I Can´t Get No) Satisfaction (Live) - The Rolling Stones
22) Going Home - The Rolling Stones

Live In England 1965 – Track Listing/CD

1) Show Intro
2) Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
3) Pain In My Heart
4) Down The Road Apiece
5) Time Is On My Side
6) I'm Alright
7) Off The Hook
8) Charlie's Intro to Little Red Rooster
9) Little Red Rooster
10) Route 66
11) I'm Moving On
12) The Last Time
13) Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Finale)

Live In England 1965 – Track Listing/10” Vinyl

Side 1
1) We Want The Stones
3) Pain In My Heart
4) Down The Road Apiece
5) Time Is On My Side
6) I'm Alright
7) Off The Hook

Side 2
9) Little Red Rooster
10) Route 66
11) I'm Moving On
12) The Last Time

[www.abkco.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 28, 2012 14:40

70 euro for the deluxe edition with the LP included?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-28 14:41 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 28, 2012 14:42

Thanks Cygnus02!

Now we are having a proper full Brian era live concert. Probably not from the same show, but still a pretty good approximation of that. Or could we say, an extension of The UK GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT! EP.

thumbs up!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-28 14:46 by Doxa.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 28, 2012 14:43

Erik_Snow
70 euro for the deluxe edition with the LP included?

Prices keep changing slightly on amazon etc, but essentially, yes. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-28 14:44 by His Majesty.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 28, 2012 14:52

Doxa
Thanks Cygnus02!

Now we are having a proper full Brian era live concert. Probably not from the same show, but still a pretty good approximation of that.

thumbs up!

- Doxa

At last!!!

I can't afford this deluxe thing at the moment though! sad smiley I hope they release the concert as a normal CD later.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 28, 2012 15:03

His Majesty
Doxa
Now we are having a proper full Brian era live concert. Probably not from the same show, but still a pretty good approximation of that.

At last!!!
I can't afford this deluxe thing at the moment though! sad smiley I hope they release the concert as a normal CD later.

If you wait 2 years, it'll probably be for sale for 20 pounds, like that L&G Deluxe box.....no kidding.

Date: September 28, 2012 15:06

His Majesty
Doxa
Thanks Cygnus02!

thumbs up!

- Doxa

At last!!!

I hope too. I never been a fan of these huge boxes containing books, posters, postcards, or whatever, and I don't have a need to have a vinyl and CD version of the same album. For me just to have the musical content is enough. Though it could be that having the DVD and the CD in different packages would not pay much less than the whole package offered now... so probably I just purchase the box now...

- Doxa

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 28, 2012 18:17

any idea of the price ?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: September 28, 2012 20:20

Cygnus02
according to ABKCO website
Rolling Stones - Charlie is my Darling – Ireland 1965

Original Soundtrack – track listing

1) Play With Fire - The Aranbee Pop Symphony Orchestra
2) Heart Of Stone - The Rolling Stones
3) Who Do You Like In The Group? - Peter Whitehead and Fans
4) The Last Time (Live) - The Rolling Stones
5) Time Is On My Side (Live) - The Rolling Stones
6) I´m Alright (Live) - The Rolling Stones
7) The Next House We´ll Turn The Screaming Down - Andrew Loog Oldham and Priest
8) Theme For A Rolling Stone - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
9) Nice Tea - The Rolling Stones and Andrew Loog Oldham
10) Maybe It´s Because I´m A Londoner - ALO Productions
11) Play With Fire - The Rolling Stones
12) Tell Me - Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Oldham
13) Heart Of Stone - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
14) Are You Going To The Show Tonight? - Peter Whitehead and Fans
15) Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Live) - The Rolling Stones
16) Pain In My Heart (Live) - The Rolling Stones
17) Blue Turns To Grey - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
18) Subconsciously Supernatural - Mick Jagger and Andrew Oldham
19) (I Can´t Get No) Satisfaction - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
20) The Moon In June - Mick Jagger
21) (I Can´t Get No) Satisfaction (Live) - The Rolling Stones
22) Going Home - The Rolling Stones

Live In England 1965 – Track Listing/CD

1) Show Intro
3) Pain In My Heart
4) Down The Road Apiece
5) Time Is On My Side
6) I'm Alright
7) Off The Hook
9) Little Red Rooster
10) Route 66
11) I'm Moving On
12) The Last Time

Live In England 1965 – Track Listing/10” Vinyl

Side 1
1) We Want The Stones
3) Pain In My Heart
4) Down The Road Apiece
5) Time Is On My Side
6) I'm Alright
7) Off The Hook

Side 2
9) Little Red Rooster
10) Route 66
11) I'm Moving On
12) The Last Time

[www.abkco.com]

Great release!!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 21:51

Charlie is My Darling superdeluxe boxset is the greatest Stones release in years. The movie Crossfire Hurricane is great, too. Concerning Grrr! I think we can just download the 2 new songs and save our money. It´s just my opinion, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-28 22:08 by carlostones10.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 28, 2012 22:41

Interview with Andrew Oldham:

[www.rollingstone.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 29, 2012 00:34

Deltics
Interview with Andrew Oldham:

[www.rollingstone.com]

this is brilliant, thank you!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 29, 2012 03:17

Doxa
His Majesty
Interesting that they are including Whitehead - Jagger circa mid - late 1966 interview.

I wonder how much this project overlaps with CROSSFIRE HURRICANE. The director spoke - as I am sure you His Majesty remeber that - of how much unseen material there is from 1964-66. Even we know how much legal bullshit there is between ABCKO and the Stones, I think it would be extremily stupid to 'sapotage' each other's projects, when in the end all of this works for the legacy of The Stones, which has its effects on the bank accounts of the principal members of the band. So could it be the case that some of discoveries by CROSSFIRE HURRICANE project are directed to CHARLIE IS MY DARLING.

- Doxa

The "legal bullshit between ABKCO and the Stones" is no more; it's a thing of the past. Both parties are now in a good, cooperative mood/modus operandi, and this Charlie Is My Darling-project is one outcome of a by now fruitful relationship. A german friend of mine knows some behind-the-scenes details how this all developed in recent years, and given that things stay as they are now, there will be more exciting stuff coming from the archives that are legally under ABKCO's control.

Andrew mentions that they found the "Sitting On A Fence"-material in the Stones vault in London, which indicates how close the two parties cooperate right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-29 03:22 by alimente.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 29, 2012 06:55

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 29, 2012 16:50

The live version of The Last Time in the trailer smokes wild! We are getting a geniue Brian Jones era live album. It can't be anything other than fantastic!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 29, 2012 17:02

carlostones10
Charlie is My Darling superdeluxe boxset is the greatest Stones release in years. The movie Crossfire Hurricane is great, too. Concerning Grrr! I think we can just download the 2 new songs and save our money. It´s just my opinion, of course.

Agree

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 29, 2012 17:27

If there was so much 'legal bullshit' with ABKCO, you would not have had the releases of 40 Licks, Grrr and the expanded Ya Yas and Charlie is My Darling in recent years.

Apart from the US, ABKCO is distributed by Universal, to the best of my knowledge.

Jody Klein mentioned in a pretty good interview published in IORR a couple of years ago that theres a lot more co-operation now between the Stones and ABKCO than people seem to realise.

Date: September 29, 2012 17:35

Gazza
If there was so much 'legal bullshit' with ABKCO, you would not have had the releases of 40 Licks, Grrr and the expanded Ya Yas and Charlie is My Darling in recent years.

Apart from the US, ABKCO is distributed by Universal, to the best of my knowledge.

Jody Klein mentioned in a pretty good interview published in IORR a couple of years ago that theres a lot more co-operation now between the Stones and ABKCO than people seem to realise.

Now that Allen Klein is gone, I think the realization has to be, whatever happened in the 60s, their's still a shitload of money to be made right now.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 29, 2012 22:40

Gazza

It pretty much sums up what I've said in my previous post. Focus on "recent years", of course. It used to be much different for decades, as we all know.

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: September 30, 2012 17:50

Last night I went to the premiere of ‘Charlie Is My Darling – Ireland 1965’ at the Walter Reade Theater in New York City, and I must say ABKCO did an amazing job on the film. To me this new version of the film is much better than the bootleg version we’ve been watching over the last 30 years. Not in just picture and audio quality but in the superiority of footage. The footage was so amazing it’s hard to believe Peter Whitehead didn’t use it in the original version. To me this is the superior version of the film.

The new footage ABKCO used was astonishing. About sixty percent of the footage is completely different than the bootleg edition. The 2012 version includes a press conference interview, with mostly Mick and Brian answering the questions. Mick and Keith in their hotel room singing an early version of Sittin On A Fence and singing Beatles songs with Andrew Oldham and Charlie looking on. This version has slightly different one-on-one interviews with the entire band members, (still no Keith), talking about their future as musicians and Bill Wyman showing concern about a fan who fractured both legs at one of the shows the night before. Great footage of Mick and Andrew walking down the street being followed by a growing crowd of fans. And the new concert footage was INCREDIBLE. There are entire performances of The Last Time, I’m Alright (interrupted by fans getting on stage), Satisfaction, Time Is On My Side, Around And Around, and I believe Pain In My Heart and Everybody Needs Somebody To Love. The Stones warming up backstage with Brian strumming his Gibson Firebird guitar. And the scene of the band standing behind the curtain with Brian going into the opening riff of The Last Time as the curtain draws is electrifying.

I’m a picky Stones fan and I thought it was awesome. I will have to watch this again to absorb everything in it. I can’t wait for the official release. Stones fans will not be disappointed.

Rob

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 30, 2012 18:53

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 30, 2012 18:57

This sounds excellent.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: October 3, 2012 22:10

Can this one be preorderd in Germany? Still not listed on amazon.de ....

Date: October 3, 2012 22:15

I have so much money tied up in pre-orders, I think I'm going to get a call from my credit card company come mid-November.

Christmas is definitely coming early this year at my household!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: October 3, 2012 22:33

treaclefingers
I have so much money tied up in pre-orders, I think I'm going to get a call from my credit card company come mid-November.

YEP ... but we wanted this so much!

Date: October 3, 2012 23:55

muenke
treaclefingers

YEP ... but we wanted this so much!

Careful what we wish for eh?

The next cry from rabid fans will be "CLOSE THE FREAKIN' VAULTS ALREADY!".

Date: October 4, 2012 09:26

Thanks, Stones1962, for your review!

Sounds a real gem... delicious!thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: October 4, 2012 11:53

thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home