Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Gloom and Doom" is a political song and "One Last Shot" is a Keith rocker
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 15, 2012 06:46

Dont know if anyone posted this, but according to Rolling Stone Magazine "Gloom and Doom" is a political rocker written by Jagger and "One Last Shot" is a Keith rocker that sounds like classic Stones.

I for one could do without more political songs by Jagger. Not that I think his message is wrong, but their is nothing worse than a celebrity on a soap box. Besides, between that song he performed on SNL and "Sweet Neocon" he doesn't have a great track record with these type of songs.

I'm looking forward to "One Last Shot" much more than "Gloom and Doom"

Re: "Gloom and Doom" is a political song and "One Last Shot" is a Keith rocker
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: September 15, 2012 06:58

Apparently u didnt read the Chuck Levelle inteveiw when he talks about the song... its posted .

Date: September 15, 2012 06:59

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 15, 2012 07:01

Sorry guys. I didn't see that story.

Date: September 15, 2012 07:03

No big deal JK, maybe that chick is a politician!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 15, 2012 09:38

I doubt it's a political song but hope it is just to piss off uptight folks; I relish the fact that the Stones can still do that.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 15, 2012 10:18

I thought "Gloom and doom" was about Jagger talking to his date where she is all grumpy, worried and complaining about everything... and he is saying lets go to a party and have some fun.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 15, 2012 10:56

Why not just ask MightyStonesStillRollin50? He seems to think the songs are "killer"--I mean, he's already posted [even threads] to this effect, so surely he would be able to tell you all you would ever need to know about these tracks, even before they've been released to, or even heard by, the general public.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 15, 2012 12:22

From Chuck's description, Gloom and Doom sounds a bit like Pass The Wine in its lyrics: stop the perpetual G & D and enjoy your life... Didn't sound like politics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-15 12:28 by Green Lady.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 15, 2012 12:35

Is it going to be Keith or Mick singing on 'One more shot'? Anybody know?

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: September 15, 2012 15:49

James Kirk
Dont know if anyone posted this, but according to Rolling Stone Magazine "Gloom and Doom" is a political rocker written by Jagger and "One Last Shot" is a Keith rocker that sounds like classic Stones.

I for one could do without more political songs by Jagger. Not that I think his message is wrong, but their is nothing worse than a celebrity on a soap box. Besides, between that song he performed on SNL and "Sweet Neocon" he doesn't have a great track record with these type of songs.

I'm looking forward to "One Last Shot" much more than "Gloom and Doom"

I hope they would write politicial songs - that would mean they have something to say, instead of just singin " oh babybaby baby baby " and the track record in politicial songs is rather good with the Stones (salt of the earth, street fightin man, gimme shelter - isnt that about Vietnam War ? - undercover of the night )

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 15, 2012 16:01

Green Lady
From Chuck's description, Gloom and Doom sounds a bit like Pass The Wine in its lyrics: stop the perpetual G & D and enjoy your life... Didn't sound like politics.

I wish G & D be at same level as Pass The Wine. I really like this song, it's great on my humble opinion

Date: September 16, 2012 23:45

You mean to tell me that MightyTrollin didn't post this "disninfo"? What's the world come to?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 17, 2012 00:37

Max'sKansasCity
I thought "Gloom and doom" was about Jagger talking to his date where she is all grumpy, worried and complaining about everything... and he is saying lets go to a party and have some fun.

That's deemed 'political' to some of the more sensitive people on here.

Date: September 17, 2012 00:43

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity

grinning smiley

Date: September 17, 2012 01:10

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
Max'sKansasCity

grinning smiley

and surely she (whomever she is)(just dont call her her Shirley) will have a response song/video soon after the release of "Gloom and doom" explaining how it is her right to be grumpy, worried and complaining about everything... any time she wants to.

winking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 17, 2012 02:04

Max'sKansasCity

That's very close to the actual refrain, Max. "Button your lip, baby/button your coat/lets go out dancing/go for the throat/let's bury the hatchet/wipe out the past/make love together/stay on the path/[chorus]you don't have to be so gloom and doom"

It's a nice midtempo rocker that some fans might find somewhat familiar.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 17, 2012 02:10

Rocky Dijon
Max'sKansasCity

That's very close to the actual refrain, Max. "Button your lip, baby/button your coat/lets go out dancing/go for the throat/let's bury the hatchet/wipe out the past/make love together/stay on the path/[chorus]you don't have to be so gloom and doom"

The lyrics call to mind Mixed Emotions. And where did you get the lyrics for this before it's even released? Have you heard the 2 new tracks?

Date: September 17, 2012 02:12

Rocky Dijon
Max'sKansasCity

Right on Rocky!!thumbs up thanks... I am ready for some new Stones.

Date: September 17, 2012 04:16

I was kidding about the lyrics, Max. The "let's go to a party and have some fun" immediately made me think of "Mixed Emotions." To a degree, "Don't Stop" was another stab at a similar song. I wouldn't be at all surprised if "Gloom and Doom" is more of the same.

Date: September 17, 2012 04:24

Rocky Dijon
I was kidding about the lyrics, Max. The "let's go to a party and have some fun" immediately made me think of "Mixed Emotions." To a degree, "Don't Stop" was another stab at a similar song. I wouldn't be at all surprised if "Gloom and Doom" is more of the same.
I bet we are on the right track... not too far off.

I actually did read somewhere that G&D was about Mick talking to a gal though... we shall see soon... [www.youtube.com]

Date: September 17, 2012 05:25

Yeah, I read it too. I think it was one of Chuck's interviews. I suspect it will be Mick talking to a girl about her obsessing on politics and the world today. He wants to go out and have a good time instead of worrying. A bit like the lyrics to "Pass the Wine" as well.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 17, 2012 11:04

Put on the shelves your cristal balls and let's wait for the availability of these 2 songs. Tired and bored of people who think knowing before everybody what will be the next record, tour or a setlist show.

Date: September 17, 2012 12:08

aprilfool
Put on the shelves your cristal balls and let's wait for the availability of these 2 songs. Tired and bored of people who think knowing before everybody what will be the next record, tour or a setlist show.
Tired and bored? awwwww..... you poor thing.
Maybe take a nap... or stop opening properly titled threads, but then how/what would you complain at people?

Date: September 17, 2012 17:36

Max'sKansasCity
aprilfool
Maybe take a nap... or stop opening properly titled threads, but then how/what would you complain at people?
T'es un petit marrant toi!

Date: September 17, 2012 23:29

aprilfool
Max'sKansasCity
aprilfool
T'es un petit marrant toi!
Je suis heureux de vous faire rire

Date: September 17, 2012 23:44

If this is your destiny, you have so much work. So goodnightsmiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 17, 2012 23:46

stonesnow
Rocky Dijon
Max'sKansasCity

The lyrics call to mind Mixed Emotions. And where did you get the lyrics for this before it's even released? Have you heard the 2 new tracks?

No one's touching this eh?

Date: September 19, 2012 13:20

Well, it was a joke or at least half a joke. It's not like I've heard the song.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: September 19, 2012 14:07

seitan
I hope they would write politicial songs - that would mean they have something to say, instead of just singin " oh babybaby baby baby "

I think they should stick to what they can do, ie "oh baby baby yeah", rather than trying, like many others, to have some sort of "political message" (which would just be repeating the mainstream boring political stances). Any way those people do not have any experience of what real life is so if they could avoid trying to have an opinion on it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-19 14:08 by beepee2.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home