Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CS Blues public screening in NYC
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 18, 2012 17:11

On November 15, 2012, the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in New York City hosted a very rare public screening of the Rolling Stones documentary "@#$%& Blues," which was filmed during the Stones' drug-fueled 1972 North American tour but never officially released due to its controversial content. "@#$%& Blues" (directed by Robert Frank) has been bootlegged for decades, and a lot of the movies' footage can be seen in the 2012 Rolling Stones documentary "Crossfire Hurricane."

As previously reported, the MOMA screening of "@#$%& Blues" was part of the the museum's Rolling Stones retrospective "The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film," which runs from November 15 and December 13, 2012.

Read full article here : [www.examiner.com]

No one went to this? Or to any other movies included in the retrospective? Wish they had done the same thing in other cities...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-18 17:15 by bv.

Re: CS Blues public screening in NYC
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 18, 2012 17:37

kowalski

On November 15, 2012, the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in New York City hosted a very rare public screening of the Rolling Stones documentary "@#$%& Blues," which was filmed during the Stones' drug-fueled 1972 North American tour but never officially released due to its controversial content. "@#$%& Blues" (directed by Robert Frank) has been bootlegged for decades, and a lot of the movies' footage can be seen in the 2012 Rolling Stones documentary "Crossfire Hurricane."

As previously reported, the MOMA screening of "@#$%& Blues" was part of the the museum's Rolling Stones retrospective "The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film," which runs from November 15 and December 13, 2012.

No one went to this? Or to any other movies included in the retrospective? Wish they had done the same thing in other cities...

The link's not working, getting "404: opps!" instead.

I don't know why MOMA wouldn't continue the exhibit through the weekend of Dec. 15. I would think that a lot of people coming in for the concert would want to go see it. I know I would.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: November 18, 2012 17:56

This was not the first time this was shown in NYC! I was there and saw it for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. Apparently, someone representing Robert Frank must be at ANY time this film is shown.
PS: I really love seeing this on a large screen!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 18, 2012 18:05

What's the quality of the official version like? I think I recognized some pictures in crossfire hurricane (possibly when they play "it's funny") and they don't look a lot better than the last VHS I bothered looking at about 15 years ago and I suspect there are better versions out there now.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 18, 2012 18:13

latebloomer
kowalski

The link's not working, getting "404: opps!" instead.

It's because of IORR forum censorship policy...

here's the link again : www.examiner.com/article/rolling-stones-allow-rare-public-screening-of-controversial-c.ocksucker-blues
copy and paste and don't forget to remove the dot between 'c' and 'o' .....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home