Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Charlie is My Darling BONUS STUFF
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: September 8, 2012 01:35

Apparently includes 2 cds and an EP ! Along with more video than original film. This COULD BE GRRRREAT!!

Re: Charlie is My Darling BONUS STUFF
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 8, 2012 07:43

DrPete
Apparently includes 2 cds and an EP ! Along with more video than original film. This COULD BE GRRRREAT!!

That's exactly what I thought, too!

If it's really 2cds worth of live material with Brian from 1965/66, I finally can die a happy man!

The live version of The Last Time from the movie alone is ABSOLUTE KILLER.

Posted by: Simon ()
Date: September 8, 2012 10:11

Where can i find this? Or is this just your "dream"?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 8, 2012 10:23

Look my post about the wallet > cd japan

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 8, 2012 11:08

Fantastic news - this might be one of the biggest RS treats of the decade

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2012 13:14

Erik_Snow

Exactly. Together with the footage to LIVE IN TEXAS.

I wonder might this have something to do with upcoming Stones documentary? It was said that there was incredible amount of never-seen footage/stuff from 64-66 era (alone). If some of that discovery is to be presented in this package. Yeah, it is ABCKO deal, but since both parties belong under the same umbrella record company these days, probably making co-operation is easier these days.

If those rumours of its content hold any true, I can easily 'forgive' them forgetting Brian era in their bootleg releases (go ahead and release some other 'rare' Vegas era show to satisfy the completists ). Since the concerts were so different - especially so much shorter - during the 60's, it is good that they are presented differently.

- Doxa

Date: September 8, 2012 13:21

Fantastic news! And let´s not forget there are two more archive bootlegs to be released. Good times ahead thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 8, 2012 13:23

This news makes me curious............

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 8, 2012 13:26

Doxa
Erik_Snow

Gold and fools gold.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 8, 2012 13:34

thumbs up>grinning smiley<smileys with beersmiling bouncing smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2012 13:37

DrPete

Where did you get the information?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 8, 2012 14:40

DrPete
How about "Got live is you want it" (CD) and "Got live if you want it" (CD EP) as bonus discs? This would be very stonish.

PS. I do not want to destroy your dreams anyway, but reality is against us all the time.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: September 8, 2012 14:42

cdjapan site has info. Also now taking orders for CrossFire Hurricane dvd; GRRR sets etc. AND you get a GRRR T SHIRT! REALLY!

Date: September 8, 2012 14:54

His Majesty
Doxa
Erik_Snow

Gold and fools gold.

Fool´s gold?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 8, 2012 15:01

The extra 2 CD's and 10" vinyl are only available with the limited edition at 140€...

Description

The Rolling Stones' short documentary following their 1965 tour comes on DVD. Also includes unreleased live performances and more. This edition includes a bonus Blu-ray, two CDs, a 10-inch EP, a deluxe booklet, and a poster reprint (subject to change). The CDs feature the high-fidelity SHM-CD format (compatible with standard CD players).

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Date: September 8, 2012 15:36

I see on the Japanese site they are calling 'Crossfire' as directed by Scorsese.

Date: September 8, 2012 15:42

DrPete
cdjapan site has info. Also now taking orders for CrossFire Hurricane dvd; GRRR sets etc. AND you get a GRRR T SHIRT! REALLY!

Those are probably japan only things.

Date: September 8, 2012 15:44

DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
Doxa
Erik_Snow

Gold and fools gold.

Fool´s gold?

[www.youtube.com]

Yes.

Date: September 8, 2012 16:44

ironbelly
DrPete
How about "Got live is you want it" (CD) and "Got live if you want it" (CD EP) as bonus discs? This would be very stonish.

PS. I do not want to destroy your dreams anyway, but reality is against us all the time.

Of course the 2CDs could be anything - Rolled Gold+++ or whatever, but in terms of marketing it would not be exactly wise to create a Super Deluxe edition, ususally aimed at the diehards with bonus media that everybody already has.

However, I think that the the EP will be the Got Live If You You Want EP obviously.

Until reality sets in, I dream on of 2 CDs worth of Brian-era live material, one possibly the Paris 1965 gig from master tapes, the other all existing recordings from the 1965 spring UK tour where the official EP was culled from. Or the complete Dublin 1965 soundboard masters. Or...

Hell, even the DVD claims to include "previously unreleased live material", possibly the entire Dublin 1965 show. Dream, dream, dream...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 16:46 by alimente.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 8, 2012 18:15

Whatever will be on it at last. This seems to be an very interesting release!
But I doubt they waste some great unknown live shows as bonus on a very limited ed.deluxe set.
Anyhow, -I hope for some nice new bits,etc.

Date: September 8, 2012 18:47

CousinC
But I doubt they waste some great unknown live shows as bonus on a very limited ed.deluxe set.

Exactly. Considering that the GRRRR!-thread has gathered 40.000 views so far and this one still has to reach 1.000, one should be grateful that record companies touch vintage 60's live material at all.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 8, 2012 20:16

kowalski
The extra 2 CD's and 10" vinyl are only available with the limited edition at 140€...

The good news indeed is the extra stuff, the bad news as usual is the sky high price to get a limited edition ...if you add all the others ones you need to save some £££ or $$$ or €€€ or get the cheapest ones.But who will get the cheapest with no extra stuff ???confused smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 20:16 by Honestman.

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: September 8, 2012 20:21

That's good news thumbs up

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2012 20:50

ABKCO is supposed to be releasing what will be on the DVD/Blu-ray releases very soon. They are keeping this information quiet until they are ready. It should be very soon, though.

Rob

Date: September 8, 2012 21:37

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
Doxa
Erik_Snow

Gold and fools gold.

Fool´s gold?

[www.youtube.com]

Yes.

Open up, man! This Love In Vain is as good as it gets

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 8, 2012 22:37

From abkco.com:

ABKCO Films will be making a major announcement regarding a nationally televised Broadcast Premiere in the next few weeks and has set Tuesday November 6th as the commercial retail release date for The Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling – Ireland 1965, the director’s cut, the producer’s cut and this new 2012 version will be available on DVD, Blu-ray and as part of a Super Deluxe Box Set.

[www.abkco.com]

This might be my first supertrouperboxset .... Looks promising!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 9, 2012 06:10

This looks very good indeed!! Can not wait to see/hear this.

Date: September 9, 2012 12:42

CousinC

That's probably because these vintage live shows actually have a very limited appeal that does not warrant a standalone CD/Vinyl release. If the number of views of this thread compared to the number of views for GRRR! is any indicator, even the vast majority of IORR board readers seem not exactly enthusiastic about the prospect of getting previously unreleased Brian-era live audio and video material very soon.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 9, 2012 15:26

alimente - I am not one of them. I'd love to see some more Jones era stuff come out. All of the BBC stuff and something from the European tour of 1967 would be incredible. Those are some of the most underated gigs the Stones have ever played from what little I have heard.

Date: September 9, 2012 17:21

slew
alimente - I am not one of them. I'd love to see some more Jones era stuff come out. All of the BBC stuff and something from the European tour of 1967 would be incredible. Those are some of the most underated gigs the Stones have ever played from what little I have heard.

Good to know! So we're two at least...!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home