Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
a hologram of Brian for the gigs could be a good idea
Posted by: LERIFFHUMAIN ()
Date: August 30, 2012 12:47

hi everyone,

it could be a very good idea to put a hologram of Brian during the gigs later this year with a sample of his music during, why not, paint it black or ruby tuesday for example like celine dion have done with the King !!!!
what do you think about it???hot smiley

Re: a hologram of Brian for the gigs could be a good idea
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 30, 2012 12:49

Not a good idea thumbs downcool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-30 15:34 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:00

LERIFFHUMAIN
hi everyone,

it could be a very good idea to put a hologram of Brian during the gigs later this year with a sample of his music during, why not, paint it black or ruby tuesday for example like celine dion have done with the King !!!!

Dont pay attention to the grumpy grumpsters here... mostly what they do is grump short, one word, grumps at people... ignore them and move forward...

A hologram could be a very interesting idea. I know that it was reported that most people who went to Coachella and saw the Tupac hologram were impressed. I dont know how good it really looked in person, but there are certainly some people are deeply devoted to Brian, and if indeed this upcoming tour has members from the past on stage with them, then maybe a song or two using the hologram technology could be intersting... but also risky. They better do a good job of it, or there could be a backlash.

PS
I know if/when they finally perfect the holodeck, I will be first line to play... although they will probably have to bring me back as a hologram to do it (as I will be long dead by then)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-30 13:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 30, 2012 13:03

i think if bill or mick taylor have their places on stage why not brian ??? afterall he has influenced their music as well as mick taylor !!!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:03

Redhotcarpet
Disgusting
Ditto! Yoko said is as well!

TE
Oslo

Date: August 30, 2012 13:05

I see no wrong with a little homage to Stu and Brian during the shows.

Dunno if a hologram is the way to go, though. It seems a bit more in place for a front man methinks...

Date: August 30, 2012 13:06

so yuo have forgotten Brian??? it's only a ghost for you??????

Date: August 30, 2012 13:13

then again... some people ONLY reply to the grumpsters...

Date: August 30, 2012 13:16

drinking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:16

I like this idea. Don't know why anyone should be against it. It's like going to a 3D movie as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:22

No, not a good idea. Brian was only part of the Stones, recording wise, from 1963 - 1969. Mick Taylor was, recording wise, from 1969 - 1974. Much as we moan, Ronnie has been connected with the Stones from 1975 to date.

Granted that Ronnie does replicate a lot of Mick Taylor's lead-work, as most Stones live has a healthy proportion of 1968 - 1974 material. I think also, from 1966 onwards, most of the Stones guitar sound was Keith double-tracked. Brian may have added some instrumental exotica, but, if you want my opinion, it should be kept as it is. Even Ronnie admits to performing tributes to Mick Taylor with his guitar work.

Date: August 30, 2012 13:26

tomcasagranda
No, not a good idea. Brian was only part of the Stones, recording wise, from 1963 - 1969. Mick Taylor was, recording wise, from 1969 - 1974. Much as we moan, Ronnie has been connected with the Stones from 1975 to date.

Granted that Ronnie does replicate a lot of Mick Taylor's lead-work, as most Stones live has a healthy proportion of 1968 - 1974 material. I think also, from 1966 onwards, most of the Stones guitar sound was Keith double-tracked. Brian may have added some instrumental exotica, but, if you want my opinion, it should be kept as it is. Even Ronnie admits to performing tributes to Mick Taylor with his guitar work.
Great pointsthumbs up

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:33

Having a hologram of a dead man, pretending he is performing with the band, is creepy. He's dead. End of.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:35

Max'sKansasCity
tomcasagranda

Great pointsthumbs up

Thank you, Max.

Another point is that Ronnie, and I know some may have their caveats, has added to the Stones sound. In contrast to Mick Taylor's virtuoso lead performances, Ronnie brought a difference to the Stones; check out Love You Live, LA Friday 75, Some Girls, etc, and you'll find the Stones do have some merit, do have a different type of greatness to them.

However, in the early 80s, Ronnie started to be "Not at the races", and this could have been a contributing factor to the impasse between Dirty Work and Steel Wheels: Keith, always siding with Ronnie against Brenda, must have driven Jagger nuts.

Date: August 30, 2012 13:37

you're too rude my friends ...........sad smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:46

Father Ted
Having a hologram of a dead man, pretending he is performing with the band, is creepy. He's dead. End of.

I agree, it's somewhat morbid. I think a slide show of pictures of Brian while they play a few songs from his era would be a better way to honor his role in the band. I just find the hologram thing to be a cheesy way to cash in on dead celebrities. Maybe I am getting old...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 30, 2012 13:54

Maybe someone should ask Brian.

Date: August 30, 2012 14:35

i just desire that the band don't forget Brian or Stu

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 30, 2012 14:52

..and here we go....the silly season has now really kicked into overdrive.

Just play the bloody music. Enough of silly gimmicks and pyrotechnics.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 30, 2012 15:16

LERIFFHUMAIN
i think if bill or mick taylor have their places on stage why not brian ??? afterall he has influenced their music as well as mick taylor !!!

Em...because Bill and Mick are alive and can play on stage and Brian's dead and ....does it really need explaining?

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:15

Nothing new.
Unfortunately, Brian was an hologram on stage and in studio in the late 60's.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:15

No, I think - mostly because the Brian-era songs that are still played live are no longer played the way they were when Brian was in the band. There isn't anything for hologram-Brian to validly DO on stage except be there and "be creepy" if that's the way you feel about holograms etc. of dead musicians (I don't, particularly: it depends how it's done. Seeing Freddie Mercury rousing the crowd at the Olympics closing ceremony was quite something).

Date: August 30, 2012 16:19

Green Lady
.... Seeing Freddie Mercury rousing the crowd at the Olympics closing ceremony was quite something....
That was spectacular and worked perfectly.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:48

Maybe I'm confused here, are we saying a hologram Brian with the living Stones, or a whole band as a hologram? I would love to see a whole band hologram concert, don't think it's anymore morbid than watching a movie made by a deceased person. Maybe some people can't realise holograms are not real people.winking smiley

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:54

LERIFFHUMAIN
hi everyone,

One of the worst ideas in musical history - " Hey, lets do something that's really FAKE and PRETENTIOUS and CASH-IN." - What's next " Why dont we stay home and bring some tribute band there to replace us"

PUKE !

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:56

Massimo68
Nothing new.
Unfortunately, Brian was an hologram on stage and in studio in the late 60's.

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:58

Gazza

be careful of what you wish for...

Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: August 30, 2012 20:06

Gazza

Just play the music and do a sincere hommage to Brian without the holograms.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 30, 2012 20:26

Gazza

Can Mick at least release some more butterflies?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 30, 2012 20:54

Maybe the Stones don't even have the legal rights to Stu's and Brian's images in relation to new usage. I would like to see a novel way to acknowledge either one on screens. The hologram thing sounds strange. And a bit hypocritical, since he was kicked out of the band.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home