Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
I Love Dirty Work
Date: September 3, 2012 06:31

One of my favorite Stones albums. This trashing of Dirty Work is lunacy at the highest level in my opinion. Can't find one bad song on it.

Re: I Love Dirty Work
Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: September 3, 2012 06:32

Do you really think that Back To Zero is a good song? And doesn't your eyes bleed when you look at that horrible cover art?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-03 06:37 by DiscoVolante.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: September 3, 2012 06:34

One billon thousand flies can't be wrong...

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: September 3, 2012 06:35

DiscoVolante
Do you really think Back To Zero is a good song? And doesn't your eyes bleed when you look at that horrible cover art?

Probably my least favorite on the album, but yes, I think it's a good song. Fits well.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 3, 2012 06:39

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 3, 2012 06:45

As predictable as starting a Stones versus Beatles thread... it is like a greatest hits thing... should go a good 5-20 pages.... lets just hope to God no one posts anything off topic here, because that might throw the Earth off it's axis.

This is very very important stuff, so member... pay retention!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-03 06:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 3, 2012 06:54

Their last magic moment, the cover of Harlem Shuffle.

Date: September 3, 2012 06:55

Max'sKansasCity
As predictable as starting a Stones versus Beatles thread... it is like a greatest hits thing... should go a good 5-20 pages.... lets just hope to God no one posts anything off topic here, because that might throw the Earth off it's axis.

What is your opinion of Dirty Work? Do you listen to it? I do. In fact, I am listening to it as we speak.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 3, 2012 06:59

The good news is that help is available, and with lots of therapy and the right medications a very high quality of life is still possible.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:00

24FPS
Their last magic moment, the cover of Harlem Shuffle.

Their last moment of magic is yet to come. This I promise.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:01

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Max'sKansasCity

What is your opinion of Dirty Work? Do you listen to it? I do. In fact, I am listening to it as we speak.

What did you think about it again?

71Tele
The good news is that help is available, and with lots of therapy and the right medications a very high quality of life is still possible.

But you are always wrong! Always. Are their meds for that?

Seriously, I think my favorite DW moment was when Mick, Keih and Ronnie were being interviewed for the Today Show (or was it GMA?) and Mick just got up and walked out. That's live TV for you.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:03

71Tele

I am? Wow, now I'm really depressed. You should have kept it to yourself and allowed me my illusions.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:04

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity

I try not to think about music too much. I either enjoy it or I don't. I enjoy Dirty Work.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:07

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity

I try not to think about music too much. I either enjoy it or I don't. I enjoy Dirty Work.

That is a perfect answer.... people around here think about music was too much... they seem to take it way too seriously.... after all... its only rock and roll... why so serious?

Date: September 3, 2012 07:09

71Tele
71Tele

I am? Wow, now I'm really depressed. You should have kept it to yourself and allowed me my illusions.

Tele, you are a good fellow, just wrong a lot.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:10

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity

That is a perfect answer.... people around here think about music was too much... they seem to take it way too seriously.... after all... its only rock and roll... why so serious?

Absolutely.thumbs up

Date: September 3, 2012 07:14

Sleep Tonight, is absolutely beautiful.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:15

71Tele
71Tele

Appreciated. But Mighty, is there really any "wrong" about preferences? Now, if you think I have any actual facts wrong, that's different, and I'll be happy if you enlighten me.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:22

71Tele
71Tele
71Tele

Appreciated. But Mighty, is there really any "wrong" about preferences? Now, if you think I have any actual facts wrong, that's different, and I'll be happy if you enlighten me.

No, nothing wrong with preferences, mate.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:28

That is one saving grace on the album, the other is Harlem Shuffle, which is not brilliant or anything, but a perfectly serviceable cover with a nice groove.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:32

71Tele

That is one saving grace on the album, the other is Harlem Shuffle, which is not brilliant or anything, but a perfectly serviceable cover with a nice groove.

Tele, man, this album is filled with gems. You do listen with headphones, of course?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 3, 2012 07:43

Mighty - Glad you like the album. However this is the lowest point in the Stones career. One Hit, Harlem Shuffle and Sleep Tonight are good songs. the rest? Fight and Hold back are PATHETIC!! Hold Back has to be Jagger's worst song ever in fact the entire album sounds like he'd rather be off supporting she's the boss. Winning Ugly and Back to Zero those are equally as bad. What does that leave Dirty Work, Had It With You and Too Rude all three are below average songs. The album just does not work and then there is the cover I like group shots but those threads they are wearing geez what did they want to do next go on Miami Vice? This is just a bad album. It sounds unfinished. maybe if Jagger had put in a good effort it could have been better but this seems like the only time Mick wished he were not a part of the Rolling Stones. I'll give you One Hit I do love that song great riffs which gave promise for a good albumbut I beleive Fight follows it and its downhill from there.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:49

slew
Mighty - Glad you like the album. However this is the lowest point in the Stones career. One Hit, Harlem Shuffle and Sleep Tonight are good songs. the rest? Fight and Hold back are PATHETIC!! Hold Back has to be Jagger's worst song ever in fact the entire album sounds like he'd rather be off supporting she's the boss. Winning Ugly and Back to Zero those are equally as bad. What does that leave Dirty Work, Had It With You and Too Rude all three are below average songs. The album just does not work and then there is the cover I like group shots but those threads they are wearing geez what did they want to do next go on Miami Vice? This is just a bad album. It sounds unfinished. maybe if Jagger had put in a good effort it could have been better but this seems like the only time Mick wished he were not a part of the Rolling Stones. I'll give you One Hit I do love that song great riffs which gave promise for a good albumbut I beleive Fight follows it and its downhill from there.

Of course I disagree. If a song makes me feel good, makes me want to get up and strut, it works. At least for me. Dirty Work makes me feel good, makes me want to get up and strut like Mick. Or a rooster. Or Barney Fife.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:50

71Tele

Tele, man, this album is filled with gems. You do listen with headphones, of course?

What is the opposite of headphones? That is how I'd have to listen to that particular record. The whole enterprise just depresses me, from the lackluster material to the relations between band members to the horrid pastel album cover (Charlie, in particular looks wretched). But this ground has been well-covered here before. You say you enjoy the record, good for you.

Date: September 3, 2012 07:57

71Tele
71Tele

What is the opposite of headphones? That is how I'd have to listen to that particular record. The whole enterprise just depresses me, from the lackluster material to the relations between band members to the horrid pastel album cover (Charlie, in particular looks wretched). But this ground has been well-covered here before. You say you enjoy the record, good for you.

Music is just so damn subjective, isn't it, mate. I really love this album.

Date: September 3, 2012 08:04

71Tele
71Tele

Yes, you mentioned that...

Date: September 3, 2012 08:08

71Tele
71Tele
71Tele

Yes, you mentioned that...

Try just a little bit of red wine and give it another listen.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 3, 2012 08:23

I wish I could told the same.....but the really weak songs is in this order:

Back To Zero - Hold Back - Too Rude - Dirty Work

the other songs is not bad, and Sleep tonight is a smashing song...

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1138
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home