Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 8, 2012 12:44

Zzzzzzz....

Let's please un-sticky this thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-08 12:45 by tomcat2006.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: October 8, 2012 14:49

Keith Richards: 'We've booked shows in London and New York'

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has revealed that the band have been booked to play live shows in London and New York.

The legendary rockers had long been rumoured to be playing live again this year to celebrate their 50th anniversary, with frontman Mick Jagger claiming in July that the band were planning on sharing a stage together this autumn.

Despite the speculation, the band turned down the chance to play the Olympics opening ceremony and denied reports that they would play two shows at London's O2 Arena this November. But in an interview with Q magazine, Richards let slip that they had booked a run of shows in both the UK and the US – although he didn't reveal when the dates would take place.

He said: We've got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can't talk about any of that at the moment. They've put the gag on me on this. You can hint!
Richards also said the band's rehearsals were going from strength to strength, adding: "Everybody relies upon their instincts, especially once you start working regularly together again. Because it pulls all the bits and pieces together, which when you're not working and playing with the guys, dissipates, obviously; you're not having that immediate contact.??

"But kind of two days of hanging around with the guys again, a certain demon energy takes over and you wonder where it's coming from!"

The Rolling Stones will release a brand new Greatest Hits compilation in November titled 'GRRR!. The collection, which is being released to coincide with the band's 50th anniversary, will feature two brand new songs, 'Gloom And Doom' and 'One Last Shot', which were recorded in Paris last month. This is the first new material the band have recorded since their 2005 album 'A Bigger Bang'.

[www.nme.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-08 14:50 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:19

Thanks Riffbuk!!!
finally some statement from the band.
good news.
jeroen

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 8, 2012 16:37

corriecas
finally some statement from the band.

Well, it's not from "the band." Could just be more translated hogwash from Keith.

I won't get excited until something official comes from the band.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 8, 2012 18:30

ie, when Mick says so.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 8, 2012 21:20

The Q website is more precise on when Keith said that:

"Speaking at the weekend (6 October), the guitarist went slightly off message and told us the band are rehearsing together - and have gigs booked."

[news.qthemusic.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 8, 2012 22:23

Steinschlag
flairville
For what it's worth, Robbie Williams confirmed today for the 02 November 22,23 and 24.

It`s getting pretty packed there... Robbie grabbed the last free weenkend. I don`t think the Stones would play on a Monday and Tuesday.

I`m afraid shows are getting more and more unlikely sad smiley

Youre assuming the Stones will be playing two shows with just one night off in between.

Wrongly.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 9, 2012 03:37

What's closer to right, Gazza, for the two cities, or city areas?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 9, 2012 03:47

angee
What's closer to right, Gazza, for the two cities, or city areas?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, angee.confused smiley

On another note, I have to say that after taking a few days off to come back and read that despite the fact that no less an authority than Keith fecking Richards has now confirmed the Stones have booked gigs for London and New York some people are STILL convinced these shows are 'unlikely' just because Robbie Williams has added a few gigs in London makes me question my own sanity.

I'm not sure what the exact plans are for the NY/NJ area shows - although two nights in December seems to still be the time frame - but the window of availability for the 02 dates should by now be pretty much staring everyone in the face.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 9, 2012 04:01

If Gazza can repeat himself, then so can I.

As I said weeks ago, rehearsals make sense (god knows they need them), and
one or more club/theatre shows make sense, but stand-alone arena shows simply
will not happen (even if "booked" ). Anybody who thinks that the Stones will
do stand-alone arena shows this year SHOULD question their own sanity. There
will not be any arena shows in London and NYC until they are part of a big tour.

(Admittedly I have reserved long ago one fall-back position for myself, in case
these four incredibly stupid arena shows do go forward. And that is: If these
shows do happen, it will be the last big live shows they ever do. It will mean
Mick has decided to kill them off, because they are simply not capable
enough anymore.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 04:14 by superrevvy.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 9, 2012 06:00

Yawn.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 12:36

Mick kills whom? But not everything is mick ..... before killing Mick has to deal with keith so to speak! let him do that is the best thing and wait to see what happens .....

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 14:10

Gazza
angee
I'm not sure what the exact plans are for the NY/NJ area shows - although two nights in December seems to still be the time frame - but the window of availability for the 02 dates should by now be pretty much staring everyone in the face.

I shall take the Gazza challenge. A quick dink to the o2 site reveals the following gaps:
31/10 - 4/11
18-11 - 21/11
7/12 - 10/12
I think the first of those is very unlikely due to the proximity. I'll also be on honeymoon so I hope I'm right. But, just because some dates are free doesn't necessarily give credibility to the theory those dates are earmarked for a couple of stones shows. Also, the arena does in-day turnaround i.e. different acts and configurations can be accommodated one day after the other. Due to lack of a big tour format I doubt that there will be an elaborate stage set that will need to stay in situ on the off days.

So, 25, 27, 29 November could also be possible.

Would those who "know" something please put us out of our misery! Please. FFS.

Date: October 9, 2012 14:55

They had an elaborate stage set at the 02 for the shows there on 21,23 and 26 August 2007 - yet there was still enough time to dismantle it for the just as elaborate Prince stage set up for his shows there on 24 and 25 August.

The Stones wont be playing the 02 when youre on honeymoon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 14:57 by Gazza.

Date: October 9, 2012 15:02

Grison
It could be a consequence that if these 2 x 2 concerts are announced that they will be only available for the North American and UK market on such a short notice.

Mind you I was not able to hold tickets for the Beacon as my foreign address was not accepted.

However I have the slight feeling that there will be no performances until the end of this year.

There's no precedent for that for any shows in the UK. I doubt in this day and age that it would be legal either.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 9, 2012 15:08

Gazza
They had an elaborate stage set at the 02 for the shows there on 21,23 and 26 August 2007 - yet there was still enough time to dismantle it for the just as elaborate Prince stage set up for his shows there on 24 and 25 August.

That's right, Gazza.
I hope 27-29 with Mick Taylor and Bill on stage.
30 November Mick Taylor play at Cadogan Hall in London, maibe is not randomness
Sici

Date: October 9, 2012 15:51

Gazza

OK, I'm subscribed to the theory that if they are playing the o2 this year it will be on one or more of these dates: 25, 27, 29 November.

That is 7 weeks from now. If they leave the announcement to the film thingy that will be 6 weeks notice. It's still enough time for folks to plan a trip, not totally unreasonable.

This will probably kick off just as I enter full wedding lock-down mode for a few days. Damn.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:02

My two cents as someone who works in promotion & marketing:
"Pop up" shows are the hot new marketing trend these days. For maximum social and convential media exposure in today's short-attention-span climate they make a lot of sense. From a marketing perspective it stands to reason that for maximum hype around the release of GRRR, the Stones would announce shows a week or maybe two before the release date. Combine that with the movie, it makes for as good a 1-2-3 punch as one could hope for (marketing-wise).

Date: October 9, 2012 17:47

andrewt
My two cents as someone who works in promotion & marketing:
"Pop up" shows are the hot new marketing trend these days. For maximum social and convential media exposure in today's short-attention-span climate they make a lot of sense. From a marketing perspective it stands to reason that for maximum hype around the release of GRRR, the Stones would announce shows a week or maybe two before the release date. Combine that with the movie, it makes for as good a 1-2-3 punch as one could hope for (marketing-wise).

Understandable for 95% of examples. A bit different if tickets are costing hundreds of pounds and theyre counting on most of the attendees buying plane fares and booking hotels as well.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 9, 2012 18:18

Gazza, are you getting married, again? What am I missing here!? And by the way, do you still think they'll play the 2 Borrklyn NY gigs?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 9, 2012 18:31

Can we assume any of these shows will be televised ?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 9, 2012 18:34

schillid

You know what assuming does, dontcha ?

Date: October 9, 2012 19:04

mickschix
Gazza, are you getting married, again? What am I missing here!? And by the way, do you still think they'll play the 2 Borrklyn NY gigs?

Glasses, Debra! Room 1009 is getting married, not me...LOL

There will be two shows in the New York area too - yes. Although that Newark rumour may have some credibility. I'm not honestly sure of the venue or dates but it should be December OK.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 9, 2012 19:22

Gazza
mickschix

There will be two shows in the New York area too - yes. Although that Newark rumour may have some credibility. I'm not honestly sure of the venue or dates but it should be December OK.

Gazza, you were on holiday, hope it was a good one.

I think the Prudential Center looks credible based on the fact that story came out just before Keith stated "we have shows booked".

On another note, historically,aren't they generally off the road by 3rd week of December?

Date: October 9, 2012 19:22

Gazza
mickschix

Glasses, Debra! Room 1009 is getting married, not me...LOL

LOL - Keep up, will you! No it is me who is getting married, again. Didn't work out with a Canadian, so I'm trying French this time.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 9, 2012 21:41

Edith Grove
schillid

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:20

Edith Grove
schillid

Makes ass out of U and ming?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Barclay Center
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: October 9, 2012 19:48

November 6, 7 & 8 are sticking out empty on the Barclay Center calandar. Otherwise I do not see dates until after Chirstmas.

Thoughts?

Re: Barclay Center
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 9, 2012 19:51

Bob C.
November 6, 7 & 8 are sticking out empty on the Barclay Center calandar. Otherwise I do not see dates until after Chirstmas.

Thoughts?

yeah, i have a few...

i think that christmas should only be celebrated in odd-numbered years...and i think that this whole idea of giving more than receiving only works well if you receive more than you give....or something.

Re: Barclay Center
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 9, 2012 21:08

O2 Arena is now basically booked - no Stones this year.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home