Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 27, 2012 14:25

rollmops
Maybe that question has already been asked but I'll ask it again; why all the mystery from the rolling stones about those 4 shows?
Rock and roll,
Mops

What mystery?

Venues have to be booked some time before shows are publicly announced. As do other logistical aspects have to be taken care of like accommodation, visas, etc.

The band and their promoters will never confirm shows are going to take place ahead of a timed announcement which will give them maximum publicity.

Its almost impossible to keep things like this under wraps however, so there's sufficient knowledge within the industry that they're scheduled to take place.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: September 27, 2012 14:56

never gonna happen never gonna happen

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 27, 2012 16:01

TALK IS CHEAP (KEITH)

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 27, 2012 20:09

Gazza
rollmops
Maybe that question has already been asked but I'll ask it again; why all the mystery from the rolling stones about those 4 shows?
Rock and roll,
Mops

What mystery?

Venues have to be booked some time before shows are publicly announced. As do other logistical aspects have to be taken care of like accommodation, visas, etc.

The band and their promoters will never confirm shows are going to take place ahead of a timed announcement which will give them maximum publicity.

Its almost impossible to keep things like this under wraps however, so there's sufficient knowledge within the industry that they're scheduled to take place.
OK.The beans have been spilled by the industry but nothing has been confirmed yet by Jagger which makes me wonder what's going on because november is just few weeks from now.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 27, 2012 21:26

Jagger was having us on, it will be autumn 2013 before they Rock.
Sorry, i dont wanna be offensive but i think this is what it will be.
jeroen

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: September 27, 2012 22:27

This rumor is absurd. Highly doubt the Stones would play just 4 shows. For $25 mil? Perhaps, but I doubt some promoter would drop that for a couple shows.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 27, 2012 23:09

$25 mil? Heck, I'd play 4 shows for the 10th of that

Date: September 28, 2012 00:22

rollmops
Gazza
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

What mystery?

OK.The beans have been spilled by the industry but nothing has been confirmed yet by Jagger which makes me wonder what's going on because november is just few weeks from now.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Its two months away and only involves two cities. A Stones tour of Europe or the US normally plays to about 1.5 million people per continent. They could sell 40,000 tickets per continent in a heartbeat.

Date: September 28, 2012 00:24

StonesBlake
This rumor is absurd. Highly doubt the Stones would play just 4 shows. For $25 mil? Perhaps, but I doubt some promoter would drop that for a couple shows.

The amount of money quoted is conjecture. The Stones playing shows isn't, however.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 28, 2012 01:06

Gazza
rollmops
Gazza
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

What mystery?

Rock and roll,
Mops

Its two months away and only involves two cities. A Stones tour of Europe or the US normally plays to about 1.5 million people per continent. They could sell 40,000 tickets per continent in a heartbeat.

I think I may have to either upgrade my computer, or buy some additional RAM in that case...not sure my current refresh rate will suffice.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 28, 2012 04:26

treaclefingers
Gazza
rollmops
Gazza
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

What mystery?

Rock and roll,
Mops

I think I may have to either upgrade my computer, or buy some additional RAM in that case...not sure my current refresh rate will suffice.
-------------------

Date: September 28, 2012 04:56

oldschool
just saying in the past it was considered part of the act while now it is considered unacceptable...

You're not discerning between good sloppy and bad sloppy. There's a huge difference.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 28, 2012 15:33

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
oldschool
just saying in the past it was considered part of the act while now it is considered unacceptable...

You're not discerning between good sloppy and bad sloppy. There's a huge difference.

I just think they are taking there sloppiness in a different direction and you just don't get it. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-28 16:03 by Ket.

Date: September 28, 2012 22:57

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Gazza
rollmops
Gazza
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

What mystery?

Rock and roll,
Mops

-------------------

This gets even worse then...are you saying that the Rolling Stones are a band on the run?

Date: September 29, 2012 01:45

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Gazza
rollmops
Gazza
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

What mystery?

Rock and roll,
Mops

-------------------

This gets even worse then...are you saying that the Rolling Stones are a band on the run?
I am quite kind of sure that is maybe sacrilege... or something winking smiley

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: September 29, 2012 16:13

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:26 by SecondSet.

Date: September 29, 2012 17:23

SecondSet
A question for Gazza -

Is it possible that this four-show run is from a different promoter than the one that would present a tour in 2013?

Could well be. I dont know. I guess it depends how well it goes. The thing is that whilst Paul Dainty is a very established promoter in Australia, Richard Branson doesnt really have a track record in concert promotion. How that would pan out for a lengthy tour I dont know. They're certainly no longer contractually bound to Michael Cohl.

Date: September 29, 2012 17:31

What goes around the curtains, well we dont know...
surely they are discussing options.
will they start rehearsals in October....

Cause Jagger told Ronnie to keep October and November free

Maybe nothing will happen, maybe it will happen.

Lets all cross our fingers and hope

My guess is, Oct 18 there will be an announcement.

jeroen

Date: September 29, 2012 21:27

corriecas

jeroen

Just two days ago you were saying you dont think they'll play until 'autumn 2013'.... confused smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 29, 2012 23:36

Gazza
corriecas

jeroen

Just two days ago you were saying you dont think they'll play until 'autumn 2013'.... confused smiley

smiling smiley And he probably won't even go when tickets will go on sale...soon

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-30 09:38 by Harm.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 30, 2012 01:41

Harm
And he probably won't even go when tockets will go on sale

LOL Harm, neither would I smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 30, 2012 02:52

If I wasnt the typo king... I might ask what the clock says about this...

Date: September 30, 2012 03:11

Max'sKansasCity

Shut the front door!

Date: September 30, 2012 03:14

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

Shut the front door!

No... it would say... tick-tockets [instantrimshot.com]

Date: September 30, 2012 13:30

I will go, but not when the price is over e250,0
jeroen

ps why are you bitching on me??? i am just speculating like most people on this board.
only difference is, i dont post the same post 26 times.

Posted by: NoStoneAlone ()
Date: September 30, 2012 19:20

Any word on Mick Taylor?

Wasn't he playing in New York around the time the Stones were rehearsing there, in April of this year?

If Bill (dance, dammit) Wyman is on board, how about some slide?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 30, 2012 21:20

corriecas
I will go, but not when the price is over e250,0
jeroen

ps why are you bitching on me??? i am just speculating like most people on this board.
only difference is, i dont post the same post 26 times.

I hope we can all go soon Jeroen

Date: September 30, 2012 23:36

i will buy you and Rolling Hansie a beer at the 02, when the ticketprice is affordable.
jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 1, 2012 01:08

Thanks Jeroen. I like the idea

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 1, 2012 04:10

NoStoneAlone
Any word on Mick Taylor?

Wasn't he playing in New York around the time the Stones were rehearsing there, in April of this year?

If Bill (dance, dammit) Wyman is on board, how about some slide?

Right. Never give up past the eighth if you've got the whole one.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1870
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home