Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Im watching The rolling Stones live at the Colosseum 1981
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 25, 2012 02:24

the lead up to the show with George Thorogood and all the stuff that was going on back stage.
then on came the Rolling Stones,I really would have loved to see the stones in 1981 but i was to young to go.

I got into the stones in 1978 I saw miss you on tv for the 1st time.then my 1st record was Tattoo You I got the record for christmas.

this concert Iam watching on dvd just blows me away so much energy.did anyone go to this show what was it like for you?

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: Im watching The rolling Stones live at the Colosseum 1981
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: August 25, 2012 14:27

I was at the concerts at the Coliseum. They were wild and wonderful! I'd love to get a copy of the dvd you're watching!!! :-)

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 25, 2012 16:00

Great tour. Great songs. Keith was mostly in charge.
Never let the crusty's tell you that the other tours were better...

This was top notch Stones

Enjoy this read:
[www.studiowner.com]

Date: August 25, 2012 18:13

i could try and get it copied for you 3DTeafoe

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 18:21

I saw the band in '69, '72, '73, '78 and at the LA Coliseum in '81. The latter shows became grander and grander. By '81 the spectacle became too much for me. Still, the early impact the band had on me remains, but that '81 show did the band in for me. In '69 the band was playing to the crowd. In '81 they were playing for the crowd. Big difference.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: August 25, 2012 18:36

mandu
i could try and get it copied for you 3DTeafoe

thank you. i would so love that!

Date: August 25, 2012 18:44

Send me an email my email is robinferrall1967@gmail.com

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: August 25, 2012 20:33

What!? Which one did they play at, the Colosseum or the Coliseum.

And where? Is there only one, in L.A.?

Date: August 25, 2012 20:53

Hampton Coliseum, I presume?

Date: August 26, 2012 01:33

Hampton Coliseum, some one sent me a copy of show they go backstage Bill Wyman is playing pingpong,goats in the bathroom,keith was sitting on a chair jamming.mick wore a purple suit,ronnie was very drunk on stage or high i have no idea how he could play,and it was keiths birthday

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 26, 2012 12:11

pmk251
I saw the band in '69, '72, '73, '78 and at the LA Coliseum in '81. The latter shows became grander and grander. By '81 the spectacle became too much for me. Still, the early impact the band had on me remains, but that '81 show did the band in for me. In '69 the band was playing to the crowd. In '81 they were playing for the crowd. Big difference.

But...what 'spectactle' was their exactly, except for a few balloons and a cherry picker? What exactly do you mean with 'more', compared to say 73, where smoke, mirrors and balloons where also part of the act?

Mathijs

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 27, 2012 00:15

>But...what 'spectactle' was their exactly, except for a few balloons and a cherry picker?

Yeah, the '75 tour seems more spectacular to me in terms of theatrical props.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 27, 2012 00:40

You're all jaded from technology.

Back then simply hearing Under My Thumb blast out of the stage, with balloons or whatever... and focusing in on Keith or Mick was breathtaking...

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 01:18

Mathijs
pmk251

But...what 'spectactle' was their exactly, except for a few balloons and a cherry picker? What exactly do you mean with 'more', compared to say 73, where smoke, mirrors and balloons where also part of the act?

Mathijs

Anaheim was a baseball stadium, the LA Coliseum an Olympic/football stadium. What? 80,000 people in an 100,000 seat stadium? Sure, the stages would get grander still, but the whole scene/vibe turned me off. Besides, in '69 you got LIV. In '81 a very pedestrian BLimo. So much for the blues.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home