Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16
Re: The Beatles were better than the Rolling stones
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:19

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
And I already regret starting this thread btw.

liar. this is going exactly as planned. i tip my hat and flick my cigar ash your way.

Thanks for the ashes. And yes - you are right in calling me a liar
I really like this thread

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:31

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

liar. this is going exactly as planned. i tip my hat and flick my cigar ash your way.

We Love You.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:40

His Majesty
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

We Love You.

Thanks mate but we want you to love "they", too

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:52

look at this! this hate-fest has turned into a love-in. shades of the summer of love, even. so ironic, given it's the week scott mckenzie passed. he's smiling somewhere....

Date: August 26, 2012 02:13

Erik_Snow
His Majesty
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

We Love You.

Thanks mate but we want you to love "they", too

Beneath the wind turned wave
Infinite peace
Islands join hands
'Neathe heaven's sea

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-26 02:18 by His Majesty.

Posted by: folke ()
Date: August 26, 2012 02:31

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 04:02

erik theres help out there,let it be,better than let it bleed or beggars banquet,go post your insanity other places.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 26, 2012 04:09

pmk251
Strongly put. I am not going to argue the point. But LIBe was recorded in January 1969, so that puts it between BB and LIB and those two albums ain't bad. But The Beatles were master record makers. Their taste, judgment and decisions were usually impeccable. Their creativity is unquestioned.

While I like The Stones more than the Beatles you hit right on the head here. The Beatles were as good as it gets.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 26, 2012 08:17

StonesTod
look at this! this hate-fest has turned into a love-in. shades of the summer of love, even. so ironic, given it's the week scott mckenzie passed. he's smiling somewhere....

Don't worry Im here to help!

The Beatles wrote pop music for young girls. Go listen to 'A Taste of Honey' and Octopuses Garden'.. Yeah. Exactly. Their best work was Sgt Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour. Let It Be is lame. The White Album is incredibly inconsistent and I hate 'Birthday'. Ringo's jazzy drumming ruins every Chuck Berry song they cover.

I'll stop there for now. I actually like the Beatles! Im just the type of fan who would rather listen to Strawberry Fields Forever than Love Me Do.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: August 26, 2012 09:31

His Majesty
For the fan of both, one can still be better than the other though. thumbs up

In 1969 King Crimson were better than both of em though. grinning smiley

Hail the kings of 1969 with Brian cheering em on...
Very true. thumbs up I'm more of a proghead than a rock n roller. So maybe that's why I don't see any point in choosing a side?

Lovely picture. I think with that much mellotron in their music Brian would have loved King Crimson. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-26 09:34 by tonterapi.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 26, 2012 09:53

flacnvinyl
StonesTod

Don't worry Im here to help!

The Beatles wrote pop music for young girls. Go listen to 'A Taste of Honey' and Octopuses Garden'.. Yeah. Exactly. Their best work was Sgt Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour. Let It Be is lame. The White Album is incredibly inconsistent and I hate 'Birthday'. Ringo's jazzy drumming ruins every Chuck Berry song they cover.

I'll stop there for now. I actually like the Beatles! Im just the type of fan who would rather listen to Strawberry Fields Forever than Love Me Do.

Then you should be grateful for Ringo's "jazzy" drumming

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:14

Erik_Snow
The Beatles were geniuses

I mean really ...........

It`s nice to be here, .....

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: August 26, 2012 12:21

Erik_Snow
mtaylor
walkingthedog
Erik_Snow
Listened through the Beatles albums today, on vinyl. Even the record that is considered a turkey; Let It Be, is far superior to anything RS wanted to do at the time. Nevermind Keith thinking he invented the open G thingy. The Beatles were geniuses, Rolling Stones were just a bunch of wuzzies back then. And they would have continued to be that, if not getting confidence through drugs in the 70s

It's getting dark in northern Norway these days and depression is already setting in.
You nailed it ...smileys with beer

Nailed what? You haven't even been here
Sun is up 20 hours a day here. Way brighter days than what you suckers down south has the cope with. So much for your nailings

Keep on raising toasts to yourself, Per Arne and "walking the dog"s great heads. You got yourself nailed for sure - nailed in your private parts

Just for the record: The sun is up 16 hours 14 minutes in northern Norway (Tromsø) today, decreasing by 9 minutes every day. By november 27th the sun has completely disappeared. Anyway, my post was meant as a not so subtle way of saying your initial post is idiotic, not to mention quite offensive on a site for Stones fans. Who would think of posting something like this on a Beatles site (with roles changed) ?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 26, 2012 12:31

Sure, threads like these are good for small talk and banter. But the original claim is invalid. It's impossible to answer in an objective way. All you will get are opinions. And it will never end...

Date: August 26, 2012 13:02

Offensive? Don't be silly. grinning smiley

Over at beatgearcavern, pretty much a Beatles focused version of this place, they often talk good about the stones. Interesting that, generally speaking, they prefer the Brian Jones era over the later Taylor and Wood era's.

thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 26, 2012 13:13

His Majesty

Over at beatgearcavern, pretty much a Beatles focused version of this place, they often talk good about the stones. Interesting that, generally speaking, they prefer the Brian Jones era over the later Taylor and Wood era's.

thumbs up

That is not hard to grasp. During the Brian Jones era the band was still very influenced by pop music and, especially, The Beatles. From 1969 and on it was only rock and roll...

Date: August 26, 2012 13:18

Stoneage
His Majesty

thumbs up

That is not hard to grasp. During the Brian Jones era the band was still very influenced by pop music and, especially, The Beatles. From 1969 and on it was only rock and roll...

Indeed.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 26, 2012 13:34

flacnvinyl
The White Album is incredibly inconsistent and I hate 'Birthday'.
If I have to keep only one beatles album, it should be that one.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 26, 2012 13:51

bv
Macca is a pussycat who played the bass guitar in a boyband 40 years ago. Even my mother who is turning 80 soon have forgotten about this boyband.

Bv always did have a way with words. Simple as that.

Date: August 26, 2012 14:04

The Stones
bv
Macca is a pussycat who played the bass guitar in a boyband 40 years ago. Even my mother who is turning 80 soon have forgotten about this boyband.

BV in one of his more silly moments. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: August 26, 2012 14:23

His Majesty

thumbs up

Definitely offensive, yes. Did you actually read his post? I have no problem with people talking positive about the Beatles on this site, but this is something altogether different.

Date: August 26, 2012 14:30

drake: they didn't write a taste of honey. you know that as well as i do. so take your vile hatred and go post it on a stones fan site. this place here is for beatles fanatics.

Date: August 26, 2012 14:40

walkingthedog
His Majesty

thumbs up

Definitely offensive, yes. Did you actually read his post? I have no problem with people talking positive about the Beatles on this site, but this is something altogether different.

I think you are in need of a reality/priorities check.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 26, 2012 14:57

bv
If your mother has forgotten the beatles, it is a little bit normal, she's 80. Mine is 81 and her memory doesn't work very well. Now Macca is a great musician, songwriter too, one of the best of the 20th century. If you see how long was the beatles career, they are the best songwriters of their century.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 26, 2012 15:30

Did anybody find some keys?
There on a small ring that's silver?

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 26, 2012 16:41

there used to be keys in the guitar player's hair. keys and fishing lures both of which are often connected to rings. hope this helps.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 26, 2012 16:52

The Stones
bv

This quote by bv is from five years ago, he later went on to say:
A thread like this simply deserves silly comments. It is interesting to see how many people that read my silly reply just as serious as the subject itself. FYI I do own every and every Beatles album. Even RAM and a few more from their bass player.

Bjornulf

[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-26 16:58 by Deltics.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 26, 2012 17:10

Deltics
The Stones
bv

A thread like this simply deserves silly comments. It is interesting to see how many people that read my silly reply just as serious as the subject itself. FYI I do own every and every Beatles album. Even RAM and a few more from their bass player.

Bjornulf

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks for posting that. I was beginning to worry about our leader...

Date: August 26, 2012 17:14

2000 LYFH
Deltics
The Stones
bv

Bjornulf

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks for posting that. I was beginning to worry about our leader...

no worries; i'm fine....or something.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 26, 2012 17:35

The Beatles' solo records are way better than the Stones' solo records. Also, my dad can beat up your dad.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home