Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Any Heart fans
Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: August 6, 2012 17:59

Braincapers
stonesdan60
...I do miss Howard Leese on guitar. Nevertheless, as long as Ann and Nancy feel the muse, Heart will live!

I've seen Howard with Paul Rodgers and he's really good. Did he play lead for Heart or share with Nancy?

He is wonderful - I saw him in a one-off show with Bad Company and didn't even recognize him til PR introduced him. He looks really different. Anyway, it's my understanding he took most if not all of the leads in his Heart days.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: August 6, 2012 19:49

Honestly, Nancy has been taking Hag Pills.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: August 7, 2012 14:47

I seem to remember the crowd wasn't too in to them at Boulder in '81. eye rolling smiley

Date: August 7, 2012 21:01

TheDailyBuzzherd
Honestly, Nancy has been taking Hag Pills.

Get those eyes checked! She's as beautiful as ever. Not 20 years old obviously, but time sashays on for all of us.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 8, 2012 07:12

Saw thenm live once as an opening act. No complaints. Wouldn't pay to see them as a headliner.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: August 9, 2012 03:57

Braincapers
stonesdan60
...I do miss Howard Leese on guitar. Nevertheless, as long as Ann and Nancy feel the muse, Heart will live!

I've seen Howard with Paul Rodgers and he's really good. Did he play lead for Heart or share with Nancy?

Howard played most of the leads and thus it took some of us a while to realize how great a guitarist Nancy was / is. To really appreciate her, listen to something like Rock The House Live, loud through headphones and you'll find you have to really listen to hear her subtle brilliance which is usually overshadowed by Howard. many people also don't notice that she harmonized many lead parts with Howard with such skill and style, it's clear she could've been the main soloist if she wanted to be.

Date: August 9, 2012 17:43

I wonder why though? Lord knows we need more female lead guitarists, or we did when (some) people cared about such things. I guess the moment has passed anyway.

Still though, as another person here said upthread, Nancy meant so much to me as a young girl learning the guitar. It was pretty rare in the 70's to see a woman playing an electric guitar. I still remember looking at the photos on the gatefold sleeve of Dreamboat Annie and being slightly awestruck.

OT: Melissa Etheridge is another one I wondered why she didn't play electric - she totally shreds on the acoustic. It's really hard to play with such force that you bust a string on the acoustic and she does it all the time.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:40

Heart is on my Must-Have-Seen-In_Concert-List. I really hope, I can see them one day before I die. They are a great Canadian rockband.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: August 12, 2012 18:59

Heart are a great band both on record and live. I'm seeing them next weekend.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 13, 2012 03:12

Ladykiller
. They are a great Canadian rockband.

Heart are from Seattle.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:38

Heart did spend time in Vancouver in their early career Ladykiller.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 09:43

As I mentioned in my first post, they started out in Vancouver and recorded their first couple albums here but they are a Seattle band. Conversely, Nickelback are from Alberta but started out in Vancouver and still live locally in the Vancouver area. However, if Albertans want to say that Nickelback is theirs, go ahead!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home